C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Seats

Old 08-27-2016, 04:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C Cabriolet
Sport Seats

I am wanting to buy a C43 and am trying to decide between a coupe and a sedan. I am 6'5" so the headroom is a bit tight in the coupe. Dealer let me test drive a C300 coupe for the weekend. I fit fine with plenty of headroom in a sedan. But with the seat back where it needs to be for me to have enough legroom, the B pillar causes a large blind spot to the left. I was wondering if the sport seats offer any more or less headroom than the standard seats? Juts another half inch or inch of headroom in the coupe would make my decision easy to choose the coupe. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2016, 01:03 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Get the sedan. The blind sport due to the pilar is not as bad since you can lean forward and in any case you have blind spot assist. I have no problem in my sedan, but I injured my back and am forced to use a pillow in the seat to try alleviate pressure on the injured back muscle. It forced me to have to move the seat back and the pillar is right in my face when I turn. Worse, I can't lean as that sends shooting pain down my back, so I am aware of what you are talking about. I have been just paying more attention to my blind spot indicator. I also wanted the coupe. I gave up and compromised after seating in the C300 coupe. In my case it is the rear seat I found a bit too compromised. And then the prospect of having to ferry a baby in the car.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C Cabriolet
Thanks! I am tending to think more and more that I should go with the sedan. Headroom is constant whereas looking to the side is not.