possibility to change standard exhaust on AMG Performance in c43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43
possibility to change standard exhaust on AMG Performance in c43

Hi everybody!
I want to buy C43 here in Russia and received very good proposal with huge discount from dealer for demo car. I like mostly everything in it except one thing - it has standard exhaust.
Now have two options. Either to take this car and upgrade it with amg performance exhaust or to order new one. But second one in fact is not an option, cause the price will be almost two times high.
Problem is that no one here can tell me whether firs opting with upgrade is possible or not. My guys, who are making upgrades for MB nether had deal with such case and even with c43, cause it is rare car in Russia. They asked me to search for VIN of any C43 with that option in order to compare it with VIN of the car i'm going to buy and see what should me modified along with exhaust itself and to clarify if it's possible at the end of the story.
Dealer searched for such VIN of C43 in Russia, but there is not a single car!!!
Could you help me and send VIN of left-handed C43 with AMG performance exhaust?
Here in Russia dealers code for:
standard exhaust is U21
AMG perfomance SA-U78

Or maybe somebody already did it?
Armtrix and other things like this i'm not taking into account. Don't like them.

Thanks for help!
Old 04-22-2017, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
On the AMG private lounge the AMG tech said it can be done but only on the C43 NOT on the C450. It's going to cost you quite a bit to get the exhaust and you may have a hard time finding a MB service center willing to source the parts and do the work. Is there an AMG performance center anywhere near you? They would be the ones best equipped to do this for you. The regular MB service centers are usually very reluctant to do retrofits or upgrades.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
The following users liked this post:
Monk79 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43
Originally Posted by Mr. J
On the AMG private lounge the AMG tech said it can be done but only on the C43 NOT on the C450. It's going to cost you quite a bit to get the exhaust and you may have a hard time finding a MB service center willing to source the parts and do the work. Is there an AMG performance center anywhere near you? They would be the ones best equipped to do this for you. The regular MB service centers are usually very reluctant to do retrofits or upgrades.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thanks Mr.J
I have guys ready to do it, but they need VIN of C43 with this option to check thoroughly how it could be done. So guys, who has it please send me.
So far got proposal from Brabus Russia to make exhaust like this.

They gave me contact of guy, who has made it for his C43. Will meet and check sound myself. But it will cost!!! 6,500 Euros with installation.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
I think going with the OEM hardware and dealer install will probably cost close to what Brabus wants to charge.