Eurocharged C43 Tuning sale! Graph attached

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Tej7
Shouldn't top speed be limited to 155 as opposed to 130?
I might be wrong but I think it's limited to 155 for cars that shipped equipped with the 19'' summer tires and 130 for cars that shippped with the 18'' AS tires. The dealer can change this is the proper tires are fitted. I think you can access it in the service menu too. I'll check tomorrow. Most ECU flashes delete the top speed limiter as well.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:01 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. J
I might be wrong but I think it's limited to 155 for cars that shipped equipped with the 19'' summer tires and 130 for cars that shippped with the 18'' AS tires. The dealer can change this is the proper tires are fitted. I think you can access it in the service menu too. I'll check tomorrow. Most ECU flashes delete the top speed limiter as well.
That's odd.. I got the 19" wheels, but mine is limited to 175mph
Old 05-10-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
'17 C43 Coupe
Update:

Eurocharged has reached out to me (albeit just via PM and nothing really substantial has happened). They basically want me to replicate the problem (which would involve me having to drive 140 mph and purposely overwork the turbos. If this is the incredible post-sales support they promised, I'd be cautious.

A lot of people have asked questions regarding how the car performs itself. The throttle seems a lot more sensitive and it does make it a lot more fun to drive. Eurocharged told me they would email me the dyno results for my runs when I got it tuned but they never did so I don't know exactly what the gains ended up being.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:05 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by aggies15
Update:

Eurocharged has reached out to me (albeit just via PM and nothing really substantial has happened). They basically want me to replicate the problem (which would involve me having to drive 140 mph and purposely overwork the turbos. If this is the incredible post-sales support they promised, I'd be cautious.

A lot of people have asked questions regarding how the car performs itself. The throttle seems a lot more sensitive and it does make it a lot more fun to drive. Eurocharged told me they would email me the dyno results for my runs when I got it tuned but they never did so I don't know exactly what the gains ended up being.
Can you show me exactly where we indicated you drive 140mph???? I would love to get this addressed and solved, but please refrain from posting information like we are purposely asking you to drive 140mph, overwork your turbos etc when that simply did not happen.

Here is what was posted for clarity...

Nam,

When they come on, can you please get your car scanned so we can see what the pcodes are so we can see if it is our tune causing it?? We are trying to solve your issue that you've posted in our for sale thread, but we need all of this information since we can't diagnose your car when it's not here or know what the codes are.

We asked simply for the P-Codes (multiple times) so we can help troubleshoot the error
Old 05-10-2017, 03:26 PM

'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by loungn14
Can you show me exactly where we indicated you drive 140mph???? I would love to get this addressed and solved, but please refrain from posting information like we are purposely asking you to drive 140mph, overwork your turbos etc when that simply did not happen.

Here is what was posted for clarity...

Nam,

When they come on, can you please get your car scanned so we can see what the pcodes are so we can see if it is our tune causing it?? We are trying to solve your issue that you've posted in our for sale thread, but we need all of this information since we can't diagnose your car when it's not here or know what the codes are.

We asked simply for the P-Codes (multiple times) so we can help troubleshoot the error
So I indicated multiple times that the issue occurs when my car is in the speed range. How else am I supposed to replicate the issue if I don't get it back to that speed?
Old 05-10-2017, 03:29 PM

'17 C43 Coupe
Be careful guys. I got my C43 Coupe tuned at Eurocharged in Houston a few months ago and my car got a check engine light on the way back to Dallas. Turns out my turbos overboosted and turned off (as a safety measure) mid drive. Now, every time I break 135 mph, it will overboost and check engine light will come on. Emailed eurocharged 3 times about it and haven't received a response.

Talked to my SA at MB and he told me that my car entered "limp mode". It basically limits acceleration on the car until you stop, turn it off, and turn it back on.
Please refer the the FIRST post I made in this thread before you decide to start sharing my private messages in an open forum. If you have any ideas on how I can replicate the issue without having to do that, I'm all ears.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:50 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Just a suggestion....If you got it tuned at eurocharged's houston facility, why not go back, put the car on the dyno machine and run it to 135+ until you get the over-boost CEL again. That way, EC can fix the problem in house. It's not like you drive 135+mph every day (at least I hope not). Your car should be fine until you reach those high speeds. I would just schedule an appointment with EC when you have free time and get it checked out. Maybe they will make it worth your time to come back if the EC facility is not near you.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:53 PM

'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by DameMD
Just a suggestion....If you got it tuned at eurocharged's houston facility, why not go back, put the car on the dyno machine and run it to 135+ until you get the over-boost CEL again. That way, EC can fix the problem in house. It's not like you drive 135+mph every day (at least I hope not). Your car should be fine until you reach those high speeds. I would just schedule an appointment with EC when you have free time and get it checked out. Maybe they will make it worth your time to come back if the EC facility is not near you.
That was my first thought when I emailed them a few months ago and never got a reply. Houston is 4.5 hours away so it is a little bit of a commitment for me to drive all the way there and put 500+ miles on my car.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 Jeep Wrangler
Please refer the the FIRST post I made in this thread before you decide to start sharing my private messages in an open forum. If you have any ideas on how I can replicate the issue without having to do that, I'm all ears.
Ok.

Be careful guys. I got my C43 Coupe tuned at Eurocharged in Houston a few months ago and my car got a check engine light on the way back to Dallas. Turns out my turbos overboosted and turned off (as a safety measure) mid drive. Now, every time I break 135 mph, it will overboost and check engine light will come on. Emailed eurocharged 3 times about it and haven't received a response.

Talked to my SA at MB and he told me that my car entered "limp mode". It basically limits acceleration on the car until you stop, turn it off, and turn it back on.
"every time I break 135 mph, it will overboost and check engine light will come on."

So they asked you to send the codes next time it happens and now all of a sudden replicating the issue to to much for them to ask? What's the problem? You make it sound like you do 135+ all the time in the first post, but now not so much.
The following users liked this post:
loungn14 (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 03:58 PM

'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by I almost I
Ok.

"every time I break 135 mph, it will overboost and check engine light will come on."

So they asked you to send the codes next time it happens and now all of a sudden replicating the issue to to much for them to ask? What's the problem? You make it sound like you do 135+ all the time in the first post, but now not so much.
No, I do not break 135 regularly. The few times I've done it resulted in CEL so it kind of discourages me from doing it again. If you got a CEL every time you did something, how often would you do it?

Me saying "every time" does not indicate that I do it often, contrary to your understanding of it.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:59 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
I did, and as indicated multiple times we are requesting to read the car off and let us know of codes present. Most likely they will still be there in pending state or recorded state. Also, I posted what I wrote, not the pm. If you would like help we are glad to and will work as hard as possible to do so, but I am not going to play wording games with you on the matter.

So I indicated multiple times that the issue occurs when my car is in the speed range. How else am I supposed to replicate the issue if I don't get it back to that speed?
Once again, we need the codes off the car so we can troubleshoot. Without that data, it is nearly impossible to see what is happening without the car in house.

exactly.... I can only offer so much help, without any effort from the other side this is a pointless endeavor.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:04 PM

'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by loungn14
Most likely they will still be there in pending state or recorded state.
Looks like we're finally getting somewhere with a solution instead of a retort.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:10 PM

X3 M40i
Just saw EC's Post. I take back my reply. Good job Loungn14, in following up with a customer!! Looks like you guys are working out the issue. I will keep you guys in mind when researching tunes for my GLC43.

Last edited by DameMD; 05-10-2017 at 04:15 PM.
loungn14 (05-11-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 01:20 PM

X3 M40i
loungn14 - I am looking at your tune and may take advantage of the current May sale. I have some questions for you before I make a decision.

1) On your site, you show GLC43 tune stock power at 362HP and 384LB-FT of torque. After EC tune it should be at 460HP and 528LB-FT of torque. The graph you show on page 1 doesn't seem to show those numbers or am I reading the graph wrong?

2) Biggreenogg stated that he went to your facility to get a tune on page 1 and before and after tune only showed a plus 40hp+ and 70+ tq. Why is his tune so much lower than advertised #s and he was on a dynojet?

If I plan to get the EC tune I am going to ISP racing in Maryland to do a before and after dyno. I just want to make sure I wont be disappointed. Thanks!!!!!
Old 05-18-2017, 10:36 AM
l3m

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
I made an acceleration video of my car doing 0-110mph w/ a Eurocharged tune. It's been 2 weeks since I got the tune and no issues at all. Overall, I am happy with the tune.

The following 2 users liked this post by l3m:
DameMD (05-18-2017), sales@eurocharged.com (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 11:40 AM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by l3m
I made an acceleration video of my car doing 0-110mph w/ a Eurocharged tune. It's been 2 weeks since I got the tune and no issues at all. Overall, I am happy with the tune.
Man your car is moving. Did you do a dyno yet? I still want to see the before and after numbers before I take the plunge. All the tuners are claiming such-and-such gains but the dynos are not backing them up.

Can someone respond to my post above regarding my questions on numbers?
Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
loungn14 - I am looking at your tune and may take advantage of the current May sale. I have some questions for you before I make a decision.

1) On your site, you show GLC43 tune stock power at 362HP and 384LB-FT of torque. After EC tune it should be at 460HP and 528LB-FT of torque. The graph you show on page 1 doesn't seem to show those numbers or am I reading the graph wrong?
Okay, I was confused for a bit. But I think I understand what you're asking.

The numbers on our website are CRANK horsepower numbers. The numbers on the dyno graph posted are WHEEL horsepower numbers. There's a 15-18% drivetrain power loss when converting crank to wheel. (:

-Tiff
DameMD (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Oops.

Last edited by mhenry; 05-18-2017 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 05-18-2017, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450 amg
Originally Posted by l3m

https://youtu.be/ZtoO2YBSTL8
Not impress, i do the same with the dinan tune, please go to a dragstrip and clock the time to see!!!!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:57 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by RTC450
Not impress, i do the same with the dinan tune, please go to a dragstrip and clock the time to see!!!!
All these tunes out here and I only seen OE and AMR verified on the track. I think AMR fastest time by user was 12.2 and I think I came across someone with OE at 12.3. Pretty darn close, and at least we know they are making said power. I hope someone with EC tune that has been to a drag-strip can chime in, $850 for tune is pretty good.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
All these tunes out here and I only seen OE and AMR verified on the track. I think AMR fastest time by user was 12.2 and I think I came across someone with OE at 12.3. Pretty darn close, and at least we know they are making said power. I hope someone with EC tune that has been to a drag-strip can chime in, $850 for tune is pretty good.
You would think so that AMR would be best. But keep in mind that from what i saw the best from AMR was a 12.2 @ 112 yet oe tune (uptownman) yielded a 12.2 @116 mph. That is a 4mph more trap over the AMR and the OE tune is half the cost of theirs. That 4mph is a good amount of lengths if you ask me. People need to keep that in mind. I know where im going for my tune. After seeing the videos think ill be going with OE tune paired with Weistec DP.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
We have a C450 here in town in Houston running 11.9 at 118.95 at Royal Purple in Baytown (-: getting time slip for you now! Just shot him a text
DameMD (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 05:05 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
We have a C450 here in town in Houston running 11.9 at 118.95 at Royal Purple in Baytown (-: getting time slip for you now! Just shot him a text
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!! Please post this up!!! Why you holding out on us!! You sir have changed my mind lol
Old 05-18-2017, 05:05 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by ShazV6
You would think so that AMR would be best. But keep in mind that from what i saw the best from AMR was a 12.2 @ 112 yet oe tune (uptownman) yielded a 12.2 @116 mph. That is a 4mph more trap over the AMR and the OE tune is half the cost of theirs. That 4mph is a good amount of lengths if you ask me. People need to keep that in mind. I know where im going for my tune. After seeing the videos think ill be going with OE tune paired with Weistec DP.
WOW that is fast but it looks like EC just trumped that. I am subscribed to this thread and I got the EC notice as I was replying to you lol
Old 05-18-2017, 05:07 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
If this is true I am sold. Waiting for time slips.

Also, was said car stock besides the tune or did the car have downpipes and/or exhaust?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged C43 Tuning sale! Graph attached