Sponsored by:

18' C43 AMG Custom Order In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 02:04 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa
Ohh ok that's where I was confused because you said you regretted ordering magno until delivery. Didn't realize that's what you ended up with and love it. That's great man glad to get some feedback from someone that actually has a selenite gray magno finish. I think I'm gonna end up changing the order and going with it. Do you have any pics of your car so I can see what it looks like on the 43? TIA
I'll hook up some pics when I get home - nothing on my work laptop or my replacement phone. If you do end up going matte, make sure you order Dr. Beasley's Matte Care kit before your car arrives.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C450 AMG
Went to the dealer last night and pulled the trigger. Order is in and I'm beyond happy. I'm so glad I waited for the 18's, mostly because of the new "AMG Performance Studio Package". In addition to the night package they added more black on the car, including the front grille pins, a side skirt and a new 19" black wheel for the c43. I'll include the spec list as well as photos from the car show which is identical to how I configured this car. The only thing I'm torn on is sticking with the Selenite gray metallic or going with the magno now available on the 18's. What do you guys think?

That Magno looks ****en amazing! I was considering wrapping my Polar White sedan in similar tone 👌ðŸ¼ðŸ¤”
Old 05-17-2017, 02:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Jesus, $175 for a car kit huh, guess it's worth it lol. I was also thinking about just bringing it to the hand wash car washes. One near my posts pictures on social media of the cars they do and I've seen a few magno MB cars done. I'll prob call and see what products they use.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:41 PM

Jesus, $175 for a car kit huh, guess it's worth it lol. I was also thinking about just bringing it to the hand wash car washes. One near my posts pictures on social media of the cars they do and I've seen a few magno MB cars done. I'll prob call and see what products they use.
The only pic I could find on my laptop was one from the night I had my tints done early Jan. Mind you that my winter tires / rims are on and there is clearly road salt on the car lol. Not sure if it's the most flattering pic - I'll try to find my memory card from now defunct phone which has pics after a proper wash and detail.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:51 PM

Yeah, the kit is pricey.

1) The shampoo will last you about a year of biweekly washes. Only need 1 to 2 cap fulls to get some suds going.
2) The sealant will last you about 2+ years. I seal twice a year - once before summer, once before winter.
3) The heavy duty cleaner will last a year, as I use half a bottle of heavy duty cleaner every time I seal.
4) The spray detailer will last you about 8 months. I spray detail every other wash and use this conservatively (as you should, it's very very strong and makes your car smell like baby oil lol).

If you are not okay with hand washing your car at least once a month, definitely don't buy magno! Also, automatic car washes are a no-no because they often use wax / gloss products. I like handwashing and am not a huge fan of automatic wash tunnels, so it made sense for me.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Dang! I like matte cars but I had no idea so much care was involved. I think I'll be sticking to gloss cars for the foreseeable future
Old 05-18-2017, 12:47 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Dang! I like matte cars but I had no idea so much care was involved. I think I'll be sticking to gloss cars for the foreseeable future
That's why you get a ceramic/titanium coating applied. Then you don't really have to worry about everything Surfer listed. Also, not all auto touchless car washes use wax/gloss products. However, I still wouldn't use them as my main wash method.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:22 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
The only pic I could find on my laptop was one from the night I had my tints done early Jan. Mind you that my winter tires / rims are on and there is clearly road salt on the car lol. Not sure if it's the most flattering pic - I'll try to find my memory card from now defunct phone which has pics after a proper wash and detail.
Well thank you for uploaded that because there's no doubt in my mind I want magno now. That looks absolutely amazing dirty or not. Thank you.

As far as the kit that's actually not bad getting a year out of most of the products. Very worth it. I love hand washing my car, there's a few "self serve" tunnels in my area, but I'm scared to use their brushes so I'd prob just go there to use the pressure washer since I don't have a hose access at my house.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Tej7
That's why you get a ceramic/titanium coating applied. Then you don't really have to worry about everything Surfer listed. Also, not all auto touchless car washes use wax/gloss products. However, I still wouldn't use them as my main wash method.
How long does a ceramic/titanium coating last?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 AM

Yeah, I explored getting xpel stealth put on but I personally didn't find it to be good value for the money. They charge a few thousand dollars for a full wrap. I couldn't justify spending 5k+ between paint and paint protection. I pretty much hand wash my cars anyway as my condo has a carwash bay - it makes life easy in winter.

The magno paint is actually really solid and scratch proof. A lot of owners don't get a protective wrap put on for that reason.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:24 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Yeah, I explored getting xpel stealth put on but I personally didn't find it to be good value for the money. They charge a few thousand dollars for a full wrap. I couldn't justify spending 5k+ between paint and paint protection. I pretty much hand wash my cars anyway as my condo has a carwash bay - it makes life easy in winter.

The magno paint is actually really solid and scratch proof. A lot of owners don't get a protective wrap put on for that reason.
You know what I was just thinking about. The selenite gray magno just became available for the c43 on the 18s. How the hell did you get it on your 17?
Old 05-18-2017, 02:29 PM

You know what I was just thinking about. The selenite gray magno just became available for the c43 on the 18s. How the hell did you get it on your 17?
Magno was available on the 2017 C43 Coupe in Canada. Myself and one other forum member on here (Master Spud) were the only two people to get a car with it from what I can remember! They're pretty hard to come by tbh - I've never seen another one on the road. I still haven't seen a Hyacinth red or a Citrine brown one either!
Old 05-18-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
The magno selenite has also been available in Norway for some time.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 Lexus IS350 F Sport AWD Sedan, 2018 Mercedes Benz C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by MASSC450
What kind of deal did you get...as in how much percentage off MSRP?
I also made a build and got offered $5000 off a possible msrp of $65K. Wondering if I should negotiate or take the offer. Thoughts?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by mbcargojl
I also made a build and got offered $5000 off a possible msrp of $65K. Wondering if I should negotiate or take the offer. Thoughts?
Just make sure you get the 'undercoat' thrown in for free
Old 05-18-2017, 08:21 PM
l3m

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Did MB get rid of the rear bumperettes for 2018 or is that pic you posted for ROW?
Old 05-19-2017, 03:41 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
How long does a ceramic/titanium coating last?
I was quoted 5 years minimum.

Xpel for the full body wouldn't be worth it imo. The ceramic coating for the whole car cost me 620 lol. Well worth it imo.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 435i 2015, on order 2018 c43 or 63
Well as it stands he wasn't able to give me an accurate MSRP because during configuration a lot of the new package options are labeled "TBD". What my sales guy did do was price it as if it was a 17' and said when the numbers fully come in we'll try to keep it at what we said. As of right now the ballpark is $72,000 before taxes, incentives, rebates, my government employer discount, the fact that I'm buying the car instead of leasing or financing (which he told me doesn't help them bc they don't make money lol). Once the final number comes in I'll have a way better idea.
I am configuring a 2018 as well. They go into production August but the PDF posted on this forum does not specify an exact price for many of the options previously offered as packages. Definitely insist on 19" wheels and performance exhaust. Renntech boost and subwoofer should do it.
In your build you pretty much ran the table coming to &72000. I am figuring about $68000 for mine and will work for 6-7% off that. Some have mentioned $5000 off msrp. That's close.
Haven't included tax and delivery though.
Did they give anyone a delivery date?
I heard November .

Last edited by Damon44; 05-19-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:46 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Damon44
I am configuring a 2018 as well. They go into production August but the PDF posted on this forum does not specify an exact price for many of the options previously offered as packages. Definitely insist on 19" wheels and performance exhaust. Renntech boost and subwoofer should do it.
In your build you pretty much ran the table coming to &72000. I am figuring about $68000 for mine and will work for 6-7% off that. Some have mentioned $5000 off msrp. That's close.
Haven't included tax and delivery though.
Did they give anyone a delivery date?
I heard November .
You're exactly right, it was $72000 as of right now. Once the car comes in we'll discuss % off and what not. As far as delivery I was pushed to priority 1 which is a late June build. Should be here late July/August. This is in NY though.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:49 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
I was quoted 5 years minimum.

Xpel for the full body wouldn't be worth it imo. The ceramic coating for the whole car cost me 620 lol. Well worth it imo.
5 years for $620? That's a great price compared to the price a full Xpel wrap would be. Who would be reputable to apply it, a body shop/detail shop?
Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Mb-

C class coupe 2017
The picture of the mood lighting inside is a farce as it is no where near as bright as that I don't know why it is not as it looks so much better brighter in that picture. I'm talking with the brightness on level 5 as well its very hard to see it.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mb-
The picture of the mood lighting inside is a farce as it is no where near as bright as that I don't know why it is not as it looks so much better brighter in that picture. I'm talking with the brightness on level 5 as well its very hard to see it.
Damn I was afraid of that, that's a bummer.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mb-
Yeah, my colors don't even look as close to as nice as this pic makes it seem. The ambient lighting in C43 is absolute trash. That being said, the door sill lighting looks like an led strip. I'm pretty sure mine is just a small single led...maybe they changed it up for 2018?
Old 05-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Mb-

C class coupe 2017
It has not changed it's just to make it look good for advertising . As said it's not bright enough and to only have 3 colours is a joke.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
God I WISH that the blue looked like that. Looks sexy exaggerated like that. I also wish red was an option. How do they put orange in there and not red!?

I thought that was one of the few changes for 2018; upping the color options to like 16 or something like that, no?

Are those new sport seats? Or are those the normal AMG seats and I just don't recognize them from this angle?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 18' C43 AMG Custom Order In