Sponsored by:

18' C43 AMG Custom Order In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 05:18 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
18' C43 AMG Custom Order In

Went to the dealer last night and pulled the trigger. Order is in and I'm beyond happy. I'm so glad I waited for the 18's, mostly because of the new "AMG Performance Studio Package". In addition to the night package they added more black on the car, including the front grille pins, a side skirt and a new 19" black wheel for the c43. I'll include the spec list as well as photos from the car show which is identical to how I configured this car. The only thing I'm torn on is sticking with the Selenite gray metallic or going with the magno now available on the 18's. What do you guys think?

Old 05-16-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Great combo, congrats.
I take delivery this week, and I must say that I'm a little jealous of those wheels.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:59 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by JGreen76
Great combo, congrats.
I take delivery this week, and I must say that I'm a little jealous of those wheels.
Thanks man, I'm also torn between the ones above and these. These are also new for all c AMG models, 19"/20".

Or just say screw it and pay the extra for the black ones that come on the c63/c63s

Old 05-16-2017, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
awesome. Love the studio package.

looking forward to seeing some real life pictures of that.

I would not go magno.

you could just some aftermarket wheels too. Not a fan of the contrasting edge on the stock wheels. Makes them appear smaller.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:47 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by alexasa
awesome. Love the studio package.

looking forward to seeing some real life pictures of that.

I would not go magno.

you could just some aftermarket wheels too. Not a fan of the contrasting edge on the stock wheels. Makes them appear smaller.
As soon as it comes in I'll throw pics up. Why all the negativity for magno? I'm assuming it's more of a maintainance issue then looks. And as far as the stock wheels go I figured worse case I'll just throw winter tires on them and get aftermarket wheels for summer.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa
As soon as it comes in I'll throw pics up. Why all the negativity for magno? I'm assuming it's more of a maintainance issue then looks. And as far as the stock wheels go I figured worse case I'll just throw winter tires on them and get aftermarket wheels for summer.
I like matte paint - but prefer shiny paint.

If you like it - by all means get it.

I have no GOOD reason to say, "hey, don't get that".
Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Im glad they came out with new wheel options. And these new wheels are nice. They remind me of the Tesla Model S turbine style wheels
Old 05-16-2017, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Im glad they came out with new wheel options. And these new wheels are nice. They remind me of the Tesla Model S turbine style wheels
They are the same as the current wheels but all black, btw.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
I don't believe you can get the c63 wheels for the c43, they won't fit lol... Unless they've sized them specifically for the c43.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
The magno selenite is very nice. My dealer had the C63s Coupé in that colour. Both my wife, my buddy and I loved it. Personally I went for the standard selenite, because of the maintenance of the magno would drive me crazy. Any minor scratches is not possible to remove with rubbing/polish.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A
I like the new Studio package, would have been tempted if it was available this time last year when we ordered our C43. Our C43 is in at the moment having the 19" AMG multi-spokes painted gloss black, tempted with the side skirts but quite expensive to have them fitted by MB retrospectively.

Also, hard to tell from your pics, but is the rear roof panel in black? We had this wrapped in gloss black on our C43, as this made the lines of the car flow much better with the tinted rear screen and sun roof.

Last edited by Tuono; 05-16-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Tej7
I don't believe you can get the c63 wheels for the c43, they won't fit lol... Unless they've sized them specifically for the c43.
Yeah, C63 wheels are NOT available for the C43
Old 05-16-2017, 06:09 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
As far as the c63 wheels go, they make them in either 19" or 19/20" stagger. I asked the dealer and he said if you went with the 19" all around he doesnt see why I wouldnt be able to put them on, then again I had to correct him a few times while speccing out the car. I'll prob stick with the ones in the first picture, theyre nice.

The paint is a tough decision. I have only seen the white in matte at the dealer on a s63. Theres not many forum posts through google searches to provide enough info on the hassle people go through but if its hard to even get out scratches once they do happen, Ill stick with the gloss.

The rear panel on the roof looks gray to me. I would prob consider wrapping it as well. My optima is all white and the entire roof is black which looks really nice.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Congrats brother!

That new grill and wheels are pretty sweet. I'm jealous!
Old 05-16-2017, 07:37 PM

C43 Coupe
As far as the c63 wheels go, they make them in either 19" or 19/20" stagger. I asked the dealer and he said if you went with the 19" all around he doesnt see why I wouldnt be able to put them on, then again I had to correct him a few times while speccing out the car. I'll prob stick with the ones in the first picture, theyre nice.

The paint is a tough decision. I have only seen the white in matte at the dealer on a s63. Theres not many forum posts through google searches to provide enough info on the hassle people go through but if its hard to even get out scratches once they do happen, Ill stick with the gloss.

The rear panel on the roof looks gray to me. I would prob consider wrapping it as well. My optima is all white and the entire roof is black which looks really nice.
If for some odd reason, you have the option of choosing the c63 wheels, do it! IMO, they're the best looking wheels compared to the other options. However, I am 99% sure you cannot spec those wheels on the c43.

I had my SA look into it when I ordered my c43, and he was told that they would not fit. The best thing you can do is find a set of replicas for that style.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:22 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
If the only thing discouraging you from getting Magno paint is maintenance rumors, then get it. The vast majority of people that complain about or fear the paint maintenance on a matte car have never owned a Magno Mercedes. It's easier to take care of than metallic paint - plain and simple.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:12 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by Tej7
If for some odd reason, you have the option of choosing the c63 wheels, do it! IMO, they're the best looking wheels compared to the other options. However, I am 99% sure you cannot spec those wheels on the c43.

I had my SA look into it when I ordered my c43, and he was told that they would not fit. The best thing you can do is find a set of replicas for that style.
It's such a shame that the c450/43 has the hardest time matching wheels. Im currently in the hunt for w204/205 c63 wheels to fit my c450. Wanna go 19s but just not sure if they'll fit
Old 05-17-2017, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG

Went to the dealer last night and pulled the trigger. Order is in and I'm beyond happy. I'm so glad I waited for the 18's, mostly because of the new "AMG Performance Studio Package".
What kind of deal did you get...as in how much percentage off MSRP?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:03 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
It's such a shame that the c450/43 has the hardest time matching wheels. Im currently in the hunt for w204/205 c63 wheels to fit my c450. Wanna go 19s but just not sure if they'll fit
Yeah, it's probably the biggest downfall our vehicles. I found a pair of replicas that look exactly like the w205 63 cross-spoke rims, but they're only available in 18s
Old 05-17-2017, 10:16 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
If the only thing discouraging you from getting Magno paint is maintenance rumors, then get it. The vast majority of people that complain about or fear the paint maintenance on a matte car have never owned a Magno Mercedes. It's easier to take care of than metallic paint - plain and simple.
Maybe I will then, I think it looks amazing. I have about two weeks left to decide before the options lock in for production.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:21 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by MASSC450
What kind of deal did you get...as in how much percentage off MSRP?
Well as it stands he wasn't able to give me an accurate MSRP because during configuration a lot of the new package options are labeled "TBD". What my sales guy did do was price it as if it was a 17' and said when the numbers fully come in we'll try to keep it at what we said. As of right now the ballpark is $72,000 before taxes, incentives, rebates, my government employer discount, the fact that I'm buying the car instead of leasing or financing (which he told me doesn't help them bc they don't make money lol). Once the final number comes in I'll have a way better idea.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:25 AM

Maybe I will then, I think it looks amazing. I have about two weeks left to decide before the options lock in for production.
I think you'll be happy either way to be honest. I had originally ordered a selenite gray, but when it arrived, the interior color I chose didn't quite pop like I wanted it to. I asked my dealer to pull all local inventory for gray (I really like selenite gray) and the only gray available with an alternate interior I liked was magno. It was kind of a forced decision and I regretted ordering magno every single day until I took delivery. The rest as they say, is history!
Old 05-17-2017, 10:49 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
I think you'll be happy either way to be honest. I had originally ordered a selenite gray, but when it arrived, the interior color I chose didn't quite pop like I wanted it to. I asked my dealer to pull all local inventory for gray (I really like selenite gray) and the only gray available with an alternate interior I liked was magno. It was kind of a forced decision and I regretted ordering magno every single day until I took delivery. The rest as they say, is history!
I know, colors are the hardest part imo. When it came to options im like yep I want that, definitely taking that etc. lol. But color is tough. I love white cars with black trim and wheels but I finally narrowed it down to black or selenite gray. Went with the gray bc the black accents around the car pop more and it looks really aggressive. I wish I was able to see he magno selenite gray in person.

What trim colors did you originally get that didn't pop for you. And what did you end up going with in the end? Selenite gray metallic? With that trim?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:10 PM

I know, colors are the hardest part imo. When it came to options im like yep I want that, definitely taking that etc. lol. But color is tough. I love white cars with black trim and wheels but I finally narrowed it down to black or selenite gray. Went with the gray bc the black accents around the car pop more and it looks really aggressive. I wish I was able to see he magno selenite gray in person.

What trim colors did you originally get that didn't pop for you. And what did you end up going with in the end? Selenite gray metallic? With that trim?
I originally ordered metallic selenite gray, cranberry leather, gloss black trim. I love the gray / red combo BMW has. It was overcast out and pretty gloomy weather the first time I saw it after it arrived at the dealership. The cranberry red seemed more brown than red in those lighting conditions. Not my taste personally. Definitely not even close to the pictures I had seen of it online.

My dealer was nice enough to accommodate my request to look at incoming inventory. Having waited quite some time for my order, I didn't want a rebuild so I looked at literally all the incoming inventory in the Greater Toronto Area for the next 6 months. Long story short, to get a car quickly with the options I wanted, I ended up with a magno selenite gray on porcelain leather with gloss black trim. Personally, if I could configure this car again from scratch, I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:35 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
I originally ordered metallic selenite gray, cranberry leather, gloss black trim. I love the gray / red combo BMW has. It was overcast out and pretty gloomy weather the first time I saw it after it arrived at the dealership. The cranberry red seemed more brown than red in those lighting conditions. Not my taste personally. Definitely not even close to the pictures I had seen of it online.

My dealer was nice enough to accommodate my request to look at incoming inventory. Having waited quite some time for my order, I didn't want a rebuild so I looked at literally all the incoming inventory in the Greater Toronto Area for the next 6 months. Long story short, to get a car quickly with the options I wanted, I ended up with a magno selenite gray on porcelain leather with gloss black trim. Personally, if I could configure this car again from scratch, I wouldn't change a thing.
Ohh ok that's where I was confused because you said you regretted ordering magno until delivery. Didn't realize that's what you ended up with and love it. That's great man glad to get some feedback from someone that actually has a selenite gray magno finish. I think I'm gonna end up changing the order and going with it. Do you have any pics of your car so I can see what it looks like on the 43? TIA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 18' C43 AMG Custom Order In