Sponsored by:

Weird squeak noise coming from central consol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord
Weird squeak noise coming from central consol

Randomly i'm hearing a squeak coming from the central console, it's sounds like its coming from behind the cd changer or air vents. But neither is on.

Any idea on what this could be?

I have a C43 Sedan
Old 06-15-2017, 12:29 PM

2014 520i
I got some squeak issues previously but they are all solved and gone now.

Here's what I dealt with (I think only one or two of these items were making the noise tho):

- Air vents - the dealer changed the air vent for me and the amount of squeak substantially reduced
- Thigh support at the driver's seat - it drove me crazy because it was so prominent. Dealer lubed it up and solved the issue
- Some rattle sound that seemingly came from behind the steering wheel. Dealer lubed it
- Some squeak from near the replaced air vent - turns out it was the little latch thingie at the glove compartment. It threw a little veldt cloth over it and then left it shut - no more problems

In all, it had more squeak at rattle (previously Audi A5 with rattle in the door, dealer fixed it by taking it apart and wrapping cables and such inside; Bmw 5 with no issues at all) than other cars I had, drove me crazy for a bit but happy that its all fixed now.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:06 AM

Honda Accord
Thanks Godric...I have yet to take the car back to the dealership. I should be soon and i'll share what you mentioned with them.