C43 road trip. Thoughts.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by CFG

What? It works. You plug it in, it modifies the firmware, and you remove it. The Ecco button then stays wherever you set it. My God, man, get a grip.

Oh, the CLS system is identical.

My grandfather was from Minsk: I have no choice in the matter.
You truly are retarded.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by MASSC450
You truly are retarded.

Ha, ha!

You truly are a turd, albeit a funny one....

I hear that dime.

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 07-17-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by CFG

I hear that dime.
Good, because I will continue my efforts to get you banned again Maritime.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:50 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Christ, you are such an angry little man- but funny!
Attached Thumbnails C43 road trip. Thoughts.-img_0018.jpg  
Old 07-25-2017, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43 coupe
Originally Posted by Ausmerc62
Glad you took the time to write such a good report.

I have a new C43 Coupe that I ordered in picked it up 6 weeks ago, Selenite Grey Performance Ergonomic and Night Package etc.
I still can't make my mind up if I am happy with the car.

The performance of the car is great and the sound is also good with the sports exhaust but for the money you have to pay to get one of these I expected the finish to be a hell of a lot better.

Unfortunately this car is not without its issues.

The road noise from the tyres is ridiculous, just a constant din no matter what type of road surface you are on, the rattles from the back seat that others have mentioned appears to be the rear parcel shelf and I have another vibration somewhere under the dash near the glove compartment.

Reversing out of my garage or a parking spot the graunching noises I get from the suspension and steering make it sound like a Sherman tank not a Mercedes. Some of the looks I get are priceless.

The HUD is not a sharp image its a bit blurry.

The ECO mode which I cannot stand or ever want to use is set to turn on by default every time the car is started and there is no way I can find to disable itso I am constantly turning it off.

I also got the jerking back and forward when using Sport+ at low speed (we call this a kangaroo here in Australia) until I learned to be a bit more gentle with the right foot.

I have brought these issues to the attention of Mercedes here in Australia and the have sent me a letter saying that the sales manager from the dealership will call me to discuss it. We will see what happened from there.
Ok a couple of follow up things. The passenger side seat belt clasp rattle. No one has ever told me this before but there is a magnet built into the side of the passenger seat, instead of letting the seat belt clasp hang stick it to the magnet on the seat seems to fix the rattle so far.

The rattle under the dash glove compartment, as stupid at this sounds, the only thing I had in the glove box was the folder with the books, removed this from the glove box and rattle appears to have stopped, the user manual appears to have been the culprit, will keep a listen out for a while and see if it returns

I thought i had an easy workaround for the ECO mode BS by using and Individual mode with the ECO turned off but the damn thing defaults back to comfort mode after being turned off overnight so back to square one.

Hud not sharp, i tried a small piece of window tint film on the windscreen to project the image onto and it appears much better

Now working on the rear rattle and suspension and tyre noises
Old 07-25-2017, 03:07 AM

c43 amg
Ok a couple of follow up things. The passenger side seat belt clasp rattle. No one has ever told me this before but there is a magnet built into the side of the passenger seat, instead of letting the seat belt clasp hang stick it to the magnet on the seat seems to fix the rattle so far.

The rattle under the dash glove compartment, as stupid at this sounds, the only thing I had in the glove box was the folder with the books, removed this from the glove box and rattle appears to have stopped, the user manual appears to have been the culprit, will keep a listen out for a while and see if it returns

I thought i had an easy workaround for the ECO mode BS by using and Individual mode with the ECO turned off but the damn thing defaults back to comfort mode after being turned off overnight so back to square one.

Hud not sharp, i tried a small piece of window tint film on the windscreen to project the image onto and it appears much better

Thanks for the update, where abouts in Aus are you?
Old 07-25-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
17' C43 Sedan
Magnet ? didn't realize. Where exactly is it located?
Old 07-25-2017, 05:37 PM

c43 coupe
Originally Posted by ran888
Thanks for the update, where abouts in Aus are you?
Sydney
Old 07-25-2017, 05:38 PM

c43 coupe
Originally Posted by equetefue
Magnet ? didn't realize. Where exactly is it located?
On the side edge of the passenger seat closest to the door. It sits about the same height as the seat belt clasp does when it is retracted.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 AMG C43, 2004 G35 coupe
Ok so now that I am spending more time in the car, I realize that the rattles are more than annoying. The rear passenger seat rattle has mysteriously disappeared. However, there is a constant rattle from the dash near the glove box. This is worse than the rear seat. It squeaks like a rusted metal spring. I tried removing everything from the glove box. Doesn't help. Absolutely embarrassing. There is a faint rattle from near the rear view mirror as well. Taking it to the dealer this week. Not very confident of any resolution. Expecting a shrug and a do not care look.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:40 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
EcoOff

Hi Ausmerc,

We have a solution to your Eco issue: https://www.midcityengineering.com/product/eco205/. We have a module that will automatically turn off Eco mode when ignition turns on (or automatically turn on individual mode). It is a plug and play interface. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:02 AM

c43 coupe
Originally Posted by midcityeng
Hi Ausmerc,

We have a solution to your Eco issue: https://www.midcityengineering.com/product/eco205/. We have a module that will automatically turn off Eco mode when ignition turns on (or automatically turn on individual mode). It is a plug and play interface. Please let us know if you have any questions.
I had a look at your fitting instructions, it's hardly "Plug and Play" when you have to connect power and ground wires and external switches to operate it.