Sponsored by:

Stage 2 no downpipe..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63S AMG Sedan
Stage 2 no downpipe..

So i was supposed to get my downpipe installed today.. when i arrive to the garage the owner come out and tell me he is not going to be able to do the job because its illigal (im in quebec canada).
i was really angry because i have a appointement with my tuner the same day.

My tuner told me there is no problem he will put the stage 2 tune but i cant push the gaz pedal to the max and wait till my downpipe are installed. is this ok? what do you guys think? i get my downpipe installed at a real MB dealers.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C450 AMG,, JAAAAG XF 5.0
Originally Posted by kesmarc
So i was supposed to get my downpipe installed today.. when i arrive to the garage the owner come out and tell me he is not going to be able to do the job because its illigal (im in quebec canada).

My tuner told me there is no problem he will put the stage 2 tune but i cant push the gaz pedal to the max and wait till my downpipe are installed. is this ok? what do you guys think? i get my downpipe installed at a real MB dealers.
If it is a pre-made file that he is simply going to flash your car with, Yes. I would say take the tune and don't push your car hard till you have installed the downpipes.

Best Of luck
Old 08-03-2017, 02:58 PM

C63S AMG Sedan
just installed my downpipe with my stage 2 tune.. its pretty insane i wasnt expecting that
Old 08-04-2017, 01:34 AM

2016 Merc-AMG C450, 2018 Merc-AMG E63s
can you install the downpipe plus AWE track exhaust without getting it tune stage 1-2? kind of want to wait till my warranty is done first?
Old 08-04-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by MT163
can you install the downpipe plus AWE track exhaust without getting it tune stage 1-2? kind of want to wait till my warranty is done first?
You can install the catback without tuning, however, the downpipes would need an accompanying software upgrade.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
c63 amg 2010
I'm from quebec too, did you install a JB's tune ?
I'm about to get my new c43 on tuesday, i order a jb's tune and i was wondering how much gain i'll get

Originally Posted by kesmarc