Sponsored by:

DINAN WARRANTIED TUNE - TESTERS WANTED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Doesn’t the limited warranty unambiguously exclude return shipping? You were treated badly.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by CFG
I'm interested in becoming a Canadian distributor....

I'll sell to hosers, only.
We can pay in back bacon and maple syrup!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Former Member

CLS
I have not heard from Dinan. That’s a tempting offer, but you seem honest. I would sell only to VAT or provincial tax cheats, and guys without bank accounts who are spousal parasites.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
none yet
From their warranty: This warranty does not cover any consequential damages (neither parts nor labor) that may be caused as a result of the installation or use of this product.

I'll Pass
Old 09-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Former Member

CLS
The as yet unreleased Elite is said to warrant the engine.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 c43 coupe
Originally Posted by ErikM
From their warranty: This warranty does not cover any consequential damages (neither parts nor labor) that may be caused as a result of the installation or use of this product.

I'll Pass
thats only for dinantronics sport, if you want to see what warranty this one has then go look at one of the elite models they make for bmws, ours will habe the same coverage.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:59 AM

2017 c43 coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Shipped direct to Dinan (Attn: RMA #XXXXXXX) by UPS, per their shipping instructions, on my dime. They did not provide a shipping label so I went to the UPS store and shipped it.

The RMA to Dinan was ignored by Dinan. Two weeks after delivery confirmation and no contact Golan just processed a vendor refund for the original purchase price to my card.

I'm sure if I pressed Golan he probably would have credited me the shipping costs too. However, I didn't think that he should have to eat all the liability for Dinan's mfg defect.

As I've said before, I'd confidently do business with Golan and Auto Talent again. I can't say the same for Dinan.
I think your one off complaint about who paid you your money back is not relevant to this thread at all. And their terms clearly say shipping wasn't refundable so I dont get how they treated you badly.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:47 AM
Former Member

CLS
Dinan invited direct warranty claims, which he tried, but got only silence, hence he was forced to deal with his seller, who also got silence. Silence is not golden in this context.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 PM

2017 c43 coupe
Originally Posted by CFG
Dinan invited direct warranty claims, which he tried, but got only silence, hence he was forced to deal with his seller, who also got silence. Silence is not golden in this context.
I think that there is more to the story here because if Dinan was one to not honour warranty claims, then there would be more word of this and they wouldn't be in business this long.

Either way, not trying to be a *****, I understand you are trying to make noise until someone pays your shipping money back, but it would be nice courtesy on your part to start your own thread about this and not hijack this unrelated one.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Former Member

CLS
Originally Posted by 2017-c43-coupe
I think that there is more to the story here because if Dinan was one to not honour warranty claims, then there would be more word of this and they wouldn't be in business this long.

Either way, not trying to be a *****, I understand you are trying to make noise until someone pays your shipping money back, but it would be nice courtesy on your part to start your own thread about this and not hijack this unrelated one.
First, Jose, it ain’t my claim, and secondly, logically fewer things are more relevant than a manufacturer’s responsiveness, or not, tp claims.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by 2017-c43-coupe

Regardless if you were trying or not, you certainly succeeded. Also, you missed the point entirely. The shipping was a mild insult, getting ghosted on an in-progress RMA was the problem.

This is particularly relevant when the whole selling point of the Elite model is the fact that they claim to warranty any defects and any potential drivetrain issues that arise from use of the Elite piggy. So they can't manage a simple RMA but you'd be confident trusting them to warrant against damage to a $20K+ AMG drivetrain?

At this point, I don't give two ***** about the $11 shipping. I own 2 new MB vehicles for Chissakes! What I wanted was someone from Dinan to make some effort, any effort, to contact me and say..."hey we're really sorry about that and we are working to improve our service". This is basic due diligence in business. If one of my customers is upset I reach out to them, I acknowledge their issue and assure them that I am working to ensure it will not be repeated.

Last edited by Mr. J; 09-24-2017 at 03:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
removedCFGaccount (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by CFG
Doesn’t the limited warranty unambiguously exclude return shipping? You were treated badly.
I'm sure it does. I typically only read the fine print for major purchases and this one fell under that threshold. I've also gotten spoiled I suppose. I've had a long run of good luck with all of my CS interactions over the last couple years. Any defects I've encountered usually resulted in replacements being shipped immediately after contact and returns being processed via emailed shipping label.
removedCFGaccount (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Former Member

CLS
J, the guy is a real junior “member.” Stronger letter to follow....

Edit: what junior said was reasonably calculated to inflame. Nuff said.

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 09-24-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:38 PM

2017 c43 coupe
Regardless if you were trying or not, you certainly succeeded. Also, you missed the point entirely. The shipping was a mild insult, getting ghosted on an in-progress RMA was the problem.

This is particularly relevant when the whole selling point of the Elite model is the fact that they claim to warranty any defects and any potential drivetrain issues that arise from use of the Elite piggy. So they can't manage a simple RMA but you'd be confident trusting them to warrant against damage to a $20K+ AMG drivetrain?

At this point, I don't give two ***** about the $11 shipping. I own 2 new MB vehicles for Chissakes! What I wanted was someone from Dinan to make some effort, any effort, to contact me and say..."hey we're really sorry about that and we are working to improve our service". This is basic due diligence in business. If one of my customers is upset I reach out to them, I acknowledge their issue and assure them that I am working to ensure it will not be repeated.
I am going to keep my response to bullet points for clarity:
  • This thread is to discuss this new tune that is coming out, not customer service complaints
  • I am not going to base my judgement of Dinan, the most reputable bmw tuner for a long time who paved the way for other companies and whose tunes are offered by BMW dealerships on one experience where you lost $11 (which you should have known off the fine print)
  • I understand that you probably work/own a business and expect that the same model you use should apply to everyone else, enough so that you are willing to spend time responding to this many comments, but it doesn't.
  • We are only hearing one side of the story here, we need to hear what your dealer shop and Dinan have to say, and since this is not happening, your comments do not really provide anything of value.
  • I dont think its fair to question the validity of their elite warranty based on your one experience. I have looked for and failed to find any stories of dinan not honouring this warranty.
  • Lastly, you are obviously not getting the response you want to validate yourself, so what is it you are trying to gain? You want someone to get on their knees and beg you to forgive them that their fine print was too fine?
I dont own my own business but I've worked in different forms of customer service all my life, i know that these situations are never to be judged from just one party as the story has an interesting tendency to change details as it moves around.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Anyone care to discuss how a tune can tune a fish?
Old 10-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Former Member

CLS
Coupe, J is right under the old U.S. business model. If we have moved on to the Euro-peein model of go pound sand in Hell, count me out.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Former Member

CLS
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Anyone care to discuss how a tune can tune a fish?
Well, you can tune a piano, but not a fish.

Somewhere high above Svalbard, Sven the polar bear spied the Mercedes methane tech headed toward him with a tranq gun and a device with a nozzle.....
Old 10-09-2017, 03:39 PM

2017 c43 coupe
Originally Posted by CFG
Coupe, J is right under the old U.S. business model. If we have moved on to the Euro-peein model of go pound sand in Hell, count me out.
Yet again, nothing useful or factual in this comment. And btw, Dinan is a 30 year old californian company, the owner of which did all he did out of love for automobiles, not that its relevant to $11 lost in ambiguity
Old 10-09-2017, 05:12 PM

2017 c43 coupe
Originally Posted by DameMD
:nix

I am going to post something irrelevant to this thread.

I have to ask this question....Why do you post so much? Just an observation but in most threads you are like a hype-man and you continue to beat a dead horse and really add no value. My post here has no value either but you are constantly commenting and replying which clogs these threads, and we end up having pages and pages of BS like this is reddit. Are you trying to get your post count up to God-Level?

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread. Can we please stay on topic. Also, why aren’t admins cleaning up these threads?
hey, Im new to using forums, but I started this thread, does that make me an admin? Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Update

Dinan has reached out through one of their CS reps and it appears they are sincere about fixing this. They acknowledged that they have a gap at the interface b/t their customers and their third party vendors and they appear to be working to shore it up.

On a positive note, once you actually get ahold of a real person at Dinan they are very responsive and professional. So far they've been forthcoming, frank and honest. No nitpicking, no bull**** excuses and certainly no attempts to cast aspersions upon my character or question my motives. I'm confident we'll work something out. These guys are in an expansion phase of their business and it looks like they are now adapting to the new growth curve.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Dinan has reached out through one of their CS reps and it appears they are sincere about fixing this. They acknowledged that they have a gap at the interface b/t their customers and their third party vendors and they appear to be working to shore it up.

On a positive note, once you actually get ahold of a real person at Dinan they are very responsive and professional. So far they've been forthcoming, frank and honest. No nitpicking, no bull**** excuses and certainly no attempts to cast aspersions upon my character or question my motives. I'm confident we'll work something out. These guys are in an expansion phase of their business and it looks like they are now adapting to the new growth curve.
glad to hear they reached out to you on the matter. Hopefully it will work out well in the end!
Old 10-10-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
It would be nice if these Piggy-Back vendors could adjust their tunes for down-pipes. I am completely satisfied with my JB1 and would be happy if BMS and/or Dinan could make adjustments to their units.

I am not ready to send off my ECU yet, though I have the downpipes just sitting around.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
What's the biggest difference between CFG (a.k.a. Maritime) and a polar bear?

CFG farts more...

Last edited by MASSC450; 10-11-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
Originally Posted by DameMD
It would be nice if these Piggy-Back vendors could adjust their tunes for down-pipes. I am completely satisfied with my JB1 and would be happy if BMS and/or Dinan could make adjustments to their units.

I am not ready to send off my ECU yet, though I have the downpipes just sitting around.
If you have any questions if/when you decide to send the ecu off, give us a call, we could help, I betcha! +1-888-875-2958
Old 11-11-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Not something Dinan would do - they are very particular about their products being 50 state legal .
ecmexchange (11-14-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DINAN WARRANTIED TUNE - TESTERS WANTED