C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 slow acceleration even in Sport+ mode

Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by munis
Can't you read? He has a very simple problem. Nothing to do with laggy pedal. You and your AMR tune needs to sod off. Stop pushing it on everyone. Sometimes it feels like you are Matt himself using a fake account to advertise the tune to everyone.
The thread is literally titled, "slow acceleration even in sport + mode". I am not sure why you are so butthurt that another enthusiast is suggesting something that will make the car more enjoyable. There are tons of people that are constantly recommending tuning (AMR or not), so I don't really know why you are trying to target me.

As far as " Matt", I am assuming you are referring to Matt at AMR? I wish I had Matt's job lol it sounds like much more fun than the office I am stuck in . Matt is who you deal with mostly when you are an AMR customer, so anyone that uses them knows Matt and recommends speaking to him. If we went by how you seem to think, we are all Matt from AMR hahah me, Gungaslow, Blacked out, Dvision and the rest of the guys that love their tune.

With that being said, why don't you put your pacifier back in your mouth and keep driving your stock 43
Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG
Can't you read? He has a very simple problem. Nothing to do with laggy pedal. You and your AMR tune needs to sod off. Stop pushing it on everyone. Sometimes it feels like you are Matt himself using a fake account to advertise the tune to everyone.
YOU need to stop giving advice and commenting in threads, especially the tuning threads ive seen you in when you are STILL stock and have no experience with any brand.

I would be shocked at this point if you even had a C43. Your one of those "I know it all but I read online but I dont spend money but I give advice though ive never used anthing ... which I would classify as a "cheap troll" lol

Last edited by Blacked out E63; 09-20-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Blacked out E63
YOU need to stop giving advice and commenting in threads, especially the tuning threads ive seen you in when you are STILL stock and have no experience with any brand.

I would be shocked at this point if you even had a C43.

Yo
Are you guys retarted or what? Where did you read that this thread was regarding tuning?

Don't be jack for no reason man. Sod off.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 AM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Are you guys retarted or what? Where did you read that this thread was regarding tuning?

Don't be jack for no reason man. Sod off.

Riiiiight
Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by getmercd
The thread is literally titled, "slow acceleration even in sport + mode". I am not sure why you are so butthurt that another enthusiast is suggesting something that will make the car more enjoyable. There are tons of people that are constantly recommending tuning (AMR or not), so I don't really know why you are trying to target me.

As far as " Matt", I am assuming you are referring to Matt at AMR? I wish I had Matt's job lol it sounds like much more fun than the office I am stuck in . Matt is who you deal with mostly when you are an AMR customer, so anyone that uses them knows Matt and recommends speaking to him. If we went by how you seem to think, we are all Matt from AMR hahah me, Gungaslow, Blacked out, Dvision and the rest of the guys that love their tune.

With that being said, why don't you put your pacifier back in your mouth and keep driving your stock 43

Haha, I don't need a tune. I can drive this car well enough to accelerate faster than you idiots anyway.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:32 AM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Haha, I don't need a tune. I can drive this car well enough to accelerate faster than you idiots anyway.
HAHAHAHA I would take that BET!

Anytime you want. Since you don't modfiy and stay stock, which means Im too broke to modify, so I doubt this race would even happen.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Well, you can tune a piano, but not a fish...
Old 09-20-2017, 11:33 AM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
lol you serious? You will totally be able to accelerate faster with your factory file than our tune with 100 more hp
Old 09-20-2017, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anytime you want. Since you don't modfiy and stay stock, which means Im too broke to modify, so I doubt this race would even happen.
Whatever helps you sleep better at night. You can't take me on considering we are in different countries altogether. You know what you can do, haha? Upload some videos showing the acceleration of your car, which none of you jokers have done yet. No track times, no reference points.

Here is mine:
Old 09-20-2017, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by getmercd
lol you serious? You will totally be able to accelerate faster with your factory file than our tune with 100 more hp
You don't even have a dyno run for you car. How do you know you are making 100hp more? Do you still believe in Santa Claus as well?

Stop acting like an enlargement pills salesman and stop advertising irrelevant information that no one asked for.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Former Member

CLS
You read those ads?
Old 09-20-2017, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mr. J
Don't be so pedantic.

OP said he was unable to break 60mph in under 8 sec. Assuming he's not exaggerating, you don't need a preflight checklist to determine if there is a problem.

My old V6 Escape could hit 60mph in just under 8 sec. If he can't break 7 sec in a C43 by simply mashing the go pedal something is wrong with his car.

Ng Daniel, take it in. Even if you don't have a CEL, there will be a trouble code present if the car is running as sluggish as you claim.
Yeah he will have a low voltage CEL for sure. And he already checked. He is only making 180hp which explains the slow acceleration. He is in a total limp mode. The reset should totally fix this. One of the guys in the Facebook group had this problem as well.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
i remember when 195 hp at the crank was "quick" in my 99 c280. the good old days. now im sub 4.5 seconds in a "fake" amg and still not fast. lol gotta love technology. "limp mode" is more than a lot of cars have on the road lol.

hey blacked out e63, i bet i can take on your e63 in my stock "fake" c43. im much better at putting my foot all the way down than you. i can accelerate much faster in my automatic 9 speed than in your automatic whatever you got in that thing lol.

days of MT are long gone munis. only way you may beat a c43 tuned or e63 tuned is if they are in limp mode. the e63 probably has more power than us in limp mode lol.

just having fun guys. amr is on the tune list for the spring after i enjoy the high air density tune coming up this winter in michigan.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Star4life
i remember when 195 hp at the crank was "quick" in my 99 c280. the good old days. now im sub 4.5 seconds in a "fake" amg and still not fast. lol gotta love technology. "limp mode" is more than a lot of cars have on the road lol.

hey blacked out e63, i bet i can take on your e63 in my stock "fake" c43. im much better at putting my foot all the way down than you. i can accelerate much faster in my automatic 9 speed than in your automatic whatever you got in that thing lol.

days of MT are long gone munis. only way you may beat a c43 tuned or e63 tuned is if they are in limp mode. the e63 probably has more power than us in limp mode lol.

just having fun guys. amr is on the tune list for the spring after i enjoy the high air density tune coming up this winter in michigan.

Haha agreed. You would be able to smoke a lot of cars in the C43 even in limp mode.

About the next bit, that isn't really true. Using just a pedal to the metal method would not give you the best launch all the time. You have to go manual with TC off and then brake boost. And ofcourse you need to know your shift points as well. Not every gear has the same shift point.

Just see my video, then show me a video of a tuned car doing it quicker than mine. I am not saying a tune does not make a difference. It does but at really high speeds which is kinda irrelevant. In real world, I will be as fast as a tuned one if not faster.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Haha agreed. You would be able to smoke a lot of cars in the C43 even in limp mode.

About the next bit, that isn't really true. Using just a pedal to the metal method would not give you the best launch all the time. You have to go manual with TC off and then brake boost. And ofcourse you need to know your shift points as well. Not every gear has the same shift point.

Just see my video, then show me a video of a tuned car doing it quicker than mine. I am not saying a tune does not make a difference. It does but at really high speeds which is kinda irrelevant. In real world, I will be as fast as a tuned one if not faster.
i thought the stock shift points kept us in the power band. i will look into manual vs auto shifting for 1/4 mile days. i know 1st and second are hard to hit manually.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:14 PM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Star4life

Exactly. The way MUNIS speaks, its almost like hes a 16yr old uneducated kid with daddy's car. lol

Definitely got the right tune choice on that list!
Old 09-20-2017, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly. The way MUNIS speaks, its almost like hes a 16yr old uneducated kid with daddy's car. lol

Definitely got the right tune choice on that list!
What's funny to me is how much you are assuming without even knowing me. Haha.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
I timed mine, 0-60 was around 4.2 seconds, this is launching @ 2k rpm. If I just floor it from dead stop, it won't be better than 5.5-6 seconds.

Last edited by 18bora; 09-20-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe

But what about you and i going against one another when i asked you twice in the other thread where you and i run against my Eurocharge tune and your AMR. You seem like your willing to take bets, no? I mean you should be fully confident with "all my lights on the dash" no? Sure this all points to you as the victor with AMR claims, i mean what you have to loose ? I even said id meet you half way... You just told Munis you would take this bet "anytime" so how about me then? Sure EVERYONE would love to see this.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:18 PM

17' C43 Coupe
To the OP. Take the car in to the dealer and have that issue resolved first. No point in getting a tune at this point because no one knows if that will solve your issue which i am sure it wont.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:19 PM

17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by 18bora
I timed mine, 0-60 was around 4.2 seconds, this is launching @ 2k rpm. If I just floor it from dead stop, it won't be better than 5.5-6 seconds.
https://youtu.be/Hb17qgwav_A
Great times bro! I am heading to Atco this Friday night (pending weather)
Old 09-20-2017, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ShazV6
But what about you and i going against one another when i asked you twice in the other thread where you and i run against my Eurocharge tune and your AMR. You seem like your willing to take bets, no? I mean you should be fully confident with "all my lights on the dash" no? Sure this all points to you as the victor with AMR claims, i mean what you have to loose ? I even said id meet you half way... You just told Munis you would take this bet "anytime" so how about me then? Sure EVERYONE would love to see this.

Haha. I would 100% pay to see this action Shaz. I am in another country so yeah. Otherwise I would have driven to wherever these clowns live.

So the AMR stooges, Shaz can come and meet you. How about you put the money where your mouth is? I am sure Shaz will show up. You guys however I doubt. All talk and no show. Not even a frigging video from you guys up till now.

I do not even have a tune now, so I was completely unbiased. So here is the funny thing, I was actually considering AMR very seriously until I came across you three clowns. I am sure they do a great job, but you 3 have put a permanent bad taste in my mouth for them. If you three think you guys are on a fire advertersing campaign by uselessly bragging about your tune every chance you get and sometimes to people who didn't even asking for it, you are very much mistaken.

We have a C43 group with 25 guys in it. You three alone lost AMR not one but around 4 very serious customers for ****s and giggles. Just saying. But free country right? Keep doing what you are doing.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Former Member

CLS
Haha. I would 100% pay to see this action Shaz. I am in another country so yeah. Otherwise I would have driven to wherever these clowns live.

So the AMR stooges, Shaz can come and meet you. How about you put the money where your mouth is? I am sure Shaz will show up. You guys however I doubt. All talk and no show. Not even a frigging video from you guys up till now.

I do not even have a tune now, so I was completely unbiased. So here is the funny thing, I was actually considering AMR very seriously until I came across you three clowns. I am sure they do a great job, but you 3 have put a permanent bad taste in my mouth for them. If you three think you guys are on a fire advertersing campaign by uselessly bragging about your tune every chance you get and sometimes to people who didn't even asking for it, you are very much mistaken.

We have a C43 group with 25 guys in it. You three alone lost AMR not one but around 4 very serious customers for ****s and giggles. Just saying. But free country right? Keep doing what you are doing.
Am I reading this right? The implied proposition is you will do something against your own interests because of your sensibilities directed at three guys with no stake in AMR? Wow. wait, four of you will shoot your own foot? Jesus H. Christ.

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN....

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 09-20-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Don't be so pedantic.

OP said he was unable to break 60mph in under 8 sec. Assuming he's not exaggerating, you don't need a preflight checklist to determine if there is a problem.

My old V6 Escape could hit 60mph in just under 8 sec. If he can't break 7 sec in a C43 by simply mashing the go pedal something is wrong with his car.

Ng Daniel, take it in. Even if you don't have a CEL, there will be a trouble code present if the car is running as sluggish as you claim.
Just trying to be prescriptive - whatever helps OP get a resolution
Old 09-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG

1) You sound like a moron haha
2) What do any of us care if you go to AMR or not? All the AMR clients are cool people, so you clearly didn't fit in anyway
3) I already addressed this in another thread, but I will repeat myself. I didn't buy the Merc to go racing or compare track times lol it is to have a luxurious and comfortable daily driver. I have a FBO GTR for the fun days I feel like ripping down the freeway

Not sure if Blacked lives by Shaz, but that would be fun to watch. Anyway, I am not going to continue in this idiot rant with someone that got upset over a simple recommendation that was not even intended for him. Go get some Vaseline for your chapped *** and take your slow Mercedes somewhere else.
The following users liked this post:
removedCFGaccount (09-20-2017)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 slow acceleration even in Sport+ mode