C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C450 / C43)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C450 / C43)

DINANTRONICS Elite For the BMW MB C400, C450 AMG, and AMG C43 with the 3.0L M276 engine.

Transforming a factory vehicle into a better performing version of itself without sacrificing drivability has been Dinan's hallmark for over 30 years in the BMW community. Now, that distinguished formula is being offered to the MB community, so they to, can enjoy the unmistakable refinement that Dinan products afford.

Starting now, the MB 4.0L M178 and 3.0L M276 engines in the C43 and C63 amongst other applications, can be tuned using Dinan's signature DINANTRONICS Elite system. The results speak for themselves and you will surely be impressed by the new found performance. Perhaps even better, you will be comforted in knowing that the Elite system carries the same factory matching new car warranty (4YR/50k) that Dinan is known for.

Its time for the MB crowd to experience the Dinan difference and never look back.

Part Number: D440-0057
Applications: 2015-2017 W205 MB C400 Sedan, 2015 W205 MB C450 AMG Sedan, 2016-2017 W205 MB AMG C43 Sedan, 2015-2017 S205 MB C400 Wagon, 2015-2017 S205 MB C450 AMG Wagon, 2017 A205 C400 Convertible, 2015-2017 C205 MB C400 Coupe, 2016-2017 C205 MB AMG C43 Coupe
Product Page / Pricing: https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...?series=&mid=/
Max Power Gains:
+57 HP @ 5500 RPM; +75 lb-ft @ 3000 RPM (C400)
+56 HP @ 4000 RPM; +75 lb-ft @ 4000 RPM (C450 AMG and AMG C43)
Install Time: 1 hour
Release Date: Begin shipping October 15th. First batch is sold out. Any further orders will not ship until the 23rd.

Description: ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB C400 with the 3.0L M276 engine: 429 HP, 455 lb-ft of torque.

The Dinan Difference

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is a highly engineered piece of computer hardware and software that enhances engine performance to levels the stock programming is not allowed to venture into. It does this without negatively affecting your new car warranty coverage and without affecting long term reliability or the functionality of on-board diagnostic systems. It is also the only tuning device designed to be emissions legal in all 50 states. These items are unique to Dinan and together they embody the apex of performance engineering in a powerful, reliable, and warrantied package.

The Dinan Difference is possible by employing a full staff of talented engineers that are well rounded in many facets of automotive engineering and backed by a wealth of hands on knowledge. Stemming from diverse backgrounds not only on racing teams but on standard factory production line vehicles we have seen it all. Manipulating these signals with an adept hand all the while keeping an engine running at its best and with the most reliable power is what Dinan is all about.

Well Engineered

Plug-in tuning devices all have one thing in common, they send a modified signal to the factory ECU, telling it the boost pressure is below target values. This then causes the factory ECU to raise the boost pressure to what it thinks is the correct value. This modified boost pressure signal causes errors in fuel mixture and ignition timing. These errors can cause the on-board diagnostics systems to set faults, but they can also cause exceedingly high catalyst temperatures and a loss of power. In addition, when power is increased, exhaust gas temperature will increase as well and this must be countered with a slightly richer air/fuel mixture. The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner has the capability to correct short term trim as well as ignition timing errors induced by raising boost pressure. This enables Dinan calibration engineers to optimize air/fuel mixture and ignition timing at elevated boost pressure throughout the entire gamut of engine RPM and engine load. Additionally, the ability to correct short term trim corrections (the difference between target and scheduled fuel mixture) remain within OEM specifications. This minimizes knock sensor activity, which in turn means smooth engine performance, catalyst protection and power increase, while this is also required to make the car emissions legal.

State-of-the-Art Hardware

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is engineered using the best possible components and advanced hardware. The wiring harness uses OE connectors and expandable braided wiring sleeves ensuring that all visible components appear as if they come straight from the factory. More importantly however it guarantees long lasting and dependable performance due to the use of high heat, moisture and abrasion resistant materials and design. The other hardware element involved is the Dinan electronic control unit (ECU) itself. While its outward appearance may seem tame, the processing power and sophistication held within its internal circuitry is anything but. Capable of delivering signals to various systems at an astonishing 4000 times per second the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner yields the power to control all current signals delivered to the ECU as well as those developed in the future without a hiccup in performance or reliability. This immense processing power equates to a high degree of engine control resulting in a much lower likelihood of setting a fault. In addition smoother running conditions and superior drivability are achieved, all of which are Dinan hallmarks.

Unmatched Warranty

Dinan's comprehensive warranty program, introduced in 1997, provides superior warranty coverage to that which you would find elsewhere. If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty, Dinan® products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty. The manufacturer's new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan's warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold. Mercedes Benz automobiles can now be performance-tuned without the associated concern of negatively affecting the new car warranty coverage.

Designed to be 50 State Emissions Legal

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was designed and built to be the only tuning box on the market that is emissions legal in all 50 states. CARB EO has been submitted and approval is pending.

Drivability

There is more to a tune than just cranking up the boost. Power needs to come on smoothly and in a predictable way to make the car as fun to drive at wide open throttle as cruising around town. It is your Mercedes, but reborn with new found acceleration and speed.

Installation

Installation takes under an hour and is available through our network of 300+ Dinan Dealers. Log on to www.dinancars.com to find your nearest dealer.

Easy To Use

Dinan's ECU is Bluetooth capable. While a smartphone app is currently being developed we have also included a physical bypass plug that can be used, should the need to arise, when you want to revert to stock without disconnecting the entire harness.

Designed for the Future

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was engineered with future expansion of functionality in mind. Boasting the most powerful processing power on the market the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner can handle more functions and processes than any of its contemporaries. To that end the Dinan performance tuner is capable of interfacing with much more should the need arise down the road. This means that when new functions are developed there will be no need for a new tuning module. Simply a short software update at your local Dinan dealer. Potentially a supplemental harness may be needed to take full advantage of more advanced stages and bolt-ons in future development. Also keep in mind that if you are upgrading in stages, the only cost incurred to you is the price difference between the two stages (and any supporting hardware mods).

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Dinan guarantees you will be impressed by the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner and the performance it provides that we offer a 3-Day return policy. If you aren't satisfied with what the Dinan solution brings to the table within 3 days of install you can go back to your dealer for a full refund (installation labor costs still apply).

For a full breakdown of the various tuning options within the tiered DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner lineup please visit our comparison page, HERE, to understand which step in the 'evolution of power' is right for you.

Last edited by DinanCars; 11-07-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Was about to bump the other Dinan thread asking for a C43 but just saw that you guys are releasing this soon.

EDIT: I've been really happy with mine. Unfortunately, I got the ELITE just a week after getting my car so I don't really have any gauge on how the stock car felt. Overall, it feels like the car with the ELITE should've been the way it left the dealership, still very smooth to drive and no problems at all but with that extra power.

Last edited by oofie810; 10-06-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:43 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Alright!! Time to get some of these on cars people
Old 10-06-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
You lost me soon after the thirteen and before the first nine.i

Last edited by 18bora; 10-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I applaud Dinan for coming out with performance products for our vehicle, but after reading all of this, I get the impression I'm not allowed to install this Elite system myself (Dinan dealer installed...additional labor costs apply), and with every new software that comes down the pike, I would have to take the car to a Dinan dealer each time...for yet an additional cost.

Is this true?

And BTW, the link to find Dinan dealers in your area does not work.

Last edited by MASSC450; 10-07-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by MASSC450
I applaud Dinan for coming out with performance products for our vehicle, but after reading all of this, I get the impression I'm not allowed to install this Elite system myself (Dinan dealer installed...additional labor costs apply), and with every new software that comes down the pike, I would have to take the car to a Dinan dealer each time...for yet an additional cost.

Is this true?

And BTW, the link to find Dinan dealers in your area does not work.
Where are you looking for a dealer? Dealer locator is working for me. Wondering if its some particular ZIP code block or state that has a bug in it.

As far as install goes. We will always prefer you go to a dealer first and promote it as such (by default they would be better equipped to troubleshoot an issue should one arise) but they can be self-installed if desired. On the product page you will see a link to the installation instructions so you can see what you are getting yourself into before you purchase if you like. The only caveat that needs to be mentioned in the case of a self-install is that we obviously cannot guarantee the labor in such a circumstance. Basically all that means that the installing party needs to take responsibility for anything they potentially screw up on an install. As an example if you were doing the install and forgot to disconnect the battery and shorted the factory DME on the install then Dinan would not cover the repair as installation instructions were not followed. Dinan dealers are pre-vetted so to speak.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
BMW dealer Dinan shop

I’m sold and will order on the 15th. When will they be shipped?
also my closest Dinan dealer is Bill Pearce BMW in Reno NV. They know that Mercedes cars will be coming in for installs??
Thanks!!
Old 10-08-2017, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by DinanCars

Where are you looking for a dealer? Dealer locator is working for me. Wondering if its some particular ZIP code block or state that has a bug in it.
Thanks for your quick reply. As for the links I had mentioned not working, it's the two in your opening post...neither works. The first one I get a Dinan site error, and the second...an MB World site error.

I live in Massachusetts.

As far as install goes. We will always prefer you go to a dealer first and promote it as such (by default they would be better equipped to troubleshoot an issue should one arise) but they can be self-installed if desired. On the product page you will see a link to the installation instructions so you can see what you are getting yourself into before you purchase if you like. The only caveat that needs to be mentioned in the case of a self-install is that we obviously cannot guarantee the labor in such a circumstance. Basically all that means that the installing party needs to take responsibility for anything they potentially screw up on an install. As an example if you were doing the install and forgot to disconnect the battery and shorted the factory DME on the install then Dinan would not cover the repair as installation instructions were not followed. Dinan dealers are pre-vetted so to speak.
Thanks for the clarification, but what about the software updates? Is the Dinan dealer the only authorized party allowed to download them? If so, would that be an extra charge?

Another question, is there any "buy back" programs for Dinan products? I have a perfectly good Dinantronics Sport I'm willing to sell cheap...

Last edited by MASSC450; 10-08-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I don’t understand, the sport version get you 40 hp for $300....this elite version gets you 49hp for $1400.... am I missing something?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I don’t understand, the sport version get you 40 hp for $300....this elite version gets you 49hp for $1400.... am I missing something?
They are covering your warranty, hence the additional cost.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Hello,

If I am reading correctly this device gives about half the horsepower that other ECU tuners are getting, is that correct? Current Standard for ECU tuning is abut 100hp and 120tq at the crank, is this measured at the wheels?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2017, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Lazz83
Hello,

If I am reading correctly this device gives about half the horsepower that other ECU tuners are getting, is that correct? Current Standard for ECU tuning is abut 100hp and 120tq at the crank, is this measured at the wheels?

Thanks
yes you are correct but the other tunes are ECU tunes...not plug in piggyback tunes
Old 10-08-2017, 12:52 PM

yes you are correct but the other tunes are ECU tunes...not plug in piggyback tunes
I never used piggy back in the past because I always went for a custom tune. What is the advantage of a piggy back? When I got tuned vehicles in the past, you always got a hand held OBDII tuner (SCT or Diablo) and you could change the tunes from 89, 91 or 93 octane or back to stock at will. Now it seems they remap your ECU and you have to send it back to them to return to stock, I am thinking. And back about 10yrs ago when they did do this it was like $399 for the tuner that could also be used as a code reader and you got 3 custom tunes from the shop that sold you the tuner included.

$2200 for a custom tune today makes no sense to me. What are you paying for? it takes about an hour for the dyno pulls and configuration so they get $2200/ hour- and to re-configure your ECU to a canned tune its roughly the same price & your responsible for removing, shipping and re-installing your ECU. There is no justification for this as the old way and price worked great in the past, still does for domestic vehicles like Mustangs, Camaros

Last edited by Lazz83; 10-08-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Credit for early Sport buyers?
Old 10-08-2017, 07:42 PM

CL500

the gains that are posted look pretty solid to me as compared to the other guys out there , atleast pretty comparable and the pricing seems in line as well . On the sport it's "up to " 40 , most people have been seeing a bit less than that but at &300 bucks it's a great value . The elite has the full consequential damage warranty Dinan is known for and the while it's not quite as much as a full flash in terms of power it's certainly no slouch and piece of mind ( insurance policy) if you will is definitely worth something ! Nobody has a warranty like this , not to a level Dinan has been providing one for all the years they have been around .
Old 10-08-2017, 08:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Website numbers quoted

ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB C400 with the 3.0L M276 engine: 429 HP, 455 lb-ft of torque.
ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB C450 AMG and AMG C43 with the 3.0L M276 engine: 466 HP, 442 lb-ft of torque”

so the c43 is making out at 466hp and 442 torque???
those numbers that are listed on your website says this.
I already purchased this system but can DINAN PLEASE CLARIFY???
Old 10-08-2017, 08:58 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by MrMeth90
ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB C400 with the 3.0L M276 engine: 429 HP, 455 lb-ft of torque.
ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB C450 AMG and AMG C43 with the 3.0L M276 engine: 466 HP, 442 lb-ft of torque”

you may not get a reply? I saw a post from the Dinan rep that he would be gone after Friday for a bit , looks like the dyno reports have been poated
Old 10-08-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43

Very good numbers. I too am entertaining the idea of this piggyback.

i do want to bring to you attention that the base line numbers for a C43 was 415hp, the and ELITE numbers are 466hp.

i can certainly appreciate the transparency that DINAN has provided with the numbers.

Sure this product will put smiles on the face of all the buyers.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
Don't look at peak numbers only, look at the difference between measured numbers before and after. More importantly, look at the power-band especially the dip around 4k rpm with the C400 where it's not existent with the C43. Another factor is gearing and temperature, most likely they didn't dyno both on the same day/conditions
Old 10-08-2017, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
I think I’m gonna go with AMR for $500 more and double the power.. they also offer a warranty..
The following 2 users liked this post by Gungaslow:
AMR Performance (10-09-2017), Star4life (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:53 AM

I think I’m gonna go with AMR for $500 more and double the power.. they also offer a warranty..
What is the warranty from AMR? I did not know they offered a warranty
Old 10-09-2017, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Man you have to understand something. Not everyone is local to AMR. Like seriously is it that hard to comprehend? For them to fix your blown up motor or transmission, they need the car first and foremost. This ofcourse is the worst case scenario, but you have to consider it. Am I expected to ship my car halfway across the country to get it fixed? Unless AMR is paying for towing your car all the way to them, if something like that happens for non local people, they are literally on their own.

If AMR was local to me, I would not even think about going to them for the tune. But for non local people, its a lot to think about.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Lazz83
What is the warranty from AMR? I did not know they offered a warranty
Yes I just contacted them because I saw a video of one of their stage 1 customers running a 3.8 0-60 and they conveniently launched a sale after I saw that video lol. They explained the whole upgrade to me over the phone and it sounds phenomenal to say the least.

From what I was told, the software is lifetime warrantied (meaning if they come out with any updates or you get a CEL that is software related they will take care of it). In addition to that, they offer a 2yr/25k mile motor warranty program for any AMR tuned vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
Lazz83 (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by mbc43coupe
Yes I just contacted them because I saw a video of one of their stage 1 customers running a 3.8 0-60 and they conveniently launched a sale after I saw that video lol. They explained the whole upgrade to me over the phone and it sounds phenomenal to say the least.

From what I was told, the software is lifetime warrantied (meaning if they come out with any updates or you get a CEL that is software related they will take care of it). In addition to that, they offer a 2yr/25k mile motor warranty program for any AMR tuned vehicles.

How are they planning to honor the Motor warranty if you are not local to them?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by munis
How are they planning to honor the Motor warranty if you are not local to them?
I would imagine they would take care of shipping if necessary. I am not too concerned, though, as they seem to do many of these vehicles and have had great success with the platform in general.

I have not heard of any such failure, so I am not going to worry about worst case hypothetical situations. Plus, they are offering a sale currently that I plan on taking advantage of!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C450 / C43)