Sponsored by:

Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 08:44 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by aggies15
EC has reached out to me and I think I'm going to purchase the tune again. I'll update you guys if they've fixed the issue in V2.
Sounds good. Make sure you do all your updates.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by threefirs
Sounds good. Make sure you do all your updates.
So I called my SA yesterday and he told me that they don't update the ECU unless there is a problem that requires it. I told him about the transmission rocking back and forth issue so hopefully that triggers them to update it. I'm bringing it in tomorrow morning before I leave to go to Houston.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts
2017 AMG c43 coupe
All,

I'm grateful that forums like these exist where members can share their experiences as it helps others. I feel compelled to share my experience in hopes it helps others as well. First, understand that this is a new platform and software tuning can be a tricky thing. What I don't want to do is get into a debate about what tuner is best, as the answer is dependent upon your location, budget and tuning goals. From what I gather from reading various posts and speaking with various people is that all of the tuning companies AMR, EuroCharged, OE are having issues with the tunes on certain vehicles. My car is an early c43 coupe, purchased Dec 16, and I suspect that the build date of the car/ latest software installed could be one of the reasons why only certain cars are having issues with tunes while others are not.

Why AMR: I personally chose to go with AMR for the following reasons: 1. I wanted the most power possible. 2. I liked the fact that AMR actually owned a c43 for testing. 3. I really like working with small companies that provide superior customer service. 4. They had/have plans on developing much more for the platform besides just software and appreciate forward looking companies. 5. I have personally met Rob and Matt and they showed me great hospitality

My Experience: I originally was stage 1 with AMR and had zero issues and the tune completely changed the car. Then I went to stage 2 and originally there were no issues I was aware of. After going stage 2 I installed a mechanical boost gauge so I could monitor boost and vacuum straight off the manifold vs one of the OBD2 readers and found the car was maxing out at 15lbs, when the tune should be calling for 18-20psi. AMR spent a lot of time working with me remotely to diagnose what was going on, since it was difficult for me to get to their facility, but they did offer to look over the car. After ruling out all possible sources of boost leaks and replacing diverter valves just to be safe we decided to reflash the ECU and have all the internal senors reset. I received back the ECU and boost was back. The needle was bouncing between 15psi and 20 psi at full throttle moving at upshift/downshift. It seemed the issue was fixed. Then while driving under multiple conditions the car would just go into limp mode which is what happens when you get the dash lights and error "Active Brake Assist Functions Limited" "Inoperative see operators manual". This seemed to happen under hard driving and normal driving and in automatic mode and manual shift mode. After going into limp mode the car would have rough idle at rest but not shut off unless I turned the car off. I will try to attach photo/video of issue. To temporarily fix the issue, you can pull over and with a scan tool clear the code which its throwing (P061A) Internal Control Module Torque Performance and then the car will drive fine until it goes into limp mode again. Now one thing I've found is that it only seems to happen when going into boost. So far if driving out of boost it hasn't had an issue.
I spoke to AMR about the issue and they explained that to fix this you need to have the ECU software updated to include the latest software update to the fuel pump. Some cars are gettign tuned with this software update already completed and that might be why they aren't having these issues (all suspicion). I don't have more information about how/why exactly this fixes the issue. My car has been taken to the dealer to try to get the update installed and hopefully that resolves the issue. To this stage AMR has been very helpful, and Matt very patient in speaking with me by phone and email to resolve the issue. Although its frustrating when these things happen if we continue to share our experiences hopefully it will help us owners to understand what is going on, and the tuners to diagnose the potential causes (if there's similarities between vehicles having the issues) and apply fixes to them.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:37 AM

'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by W205C43AMGCoupe
All,

I'm grateful that forums like these exist where members can share their experiences as it helps others. I feel compelled to share my experience in hopes it helps others as well. First, understand that this is a new platform and software tuning can be a tricky thing. What I don't want to do is get into a debate about what tuner is best, as the answer is dependent upon your location, budget and tuning goals. From what I gather from reading various posts and speaking with various people is that all of the tuning companies AMR, EuroCharged, OE are having issues with the tunes on certain vehicles. My car is an early c43 coupe, purchased Dec 16, and I suspect that the build date of the car/ latest software installed could be one of the reasons why only certain cars are having issues with tunes while others are not.

Why AMR: I personally chose to go with AMR for the following reasons: 1. I wanted the most power possible. 2. I liked the fact that AMR actually owned a c43 for testing. 3. I really like working with small companies that provide superior customer service. 4. They had/have plans on developing much more for the platform besides just software and appreciate forward looking companies. 5. I have personally met Rob and Matt and they showed me great hospitality

My Experience: I originally was stage 1 with AMR and had zero issues and the tune completely changed the car. Then I went to stage 2 and originally there were no issues I was aware of. After going stage 2 I installed a mechanical boost gauge so I could monitor boost and vacuum straight off the manifold vs one of the OBD2 readers and found the car was maxing out at 15lbs, when the tune should be calling for 18-20psi. AMR spent a lot of time working with me remotely to diagnose what was going on, since it was difficult for me to get to their facility, but they did offer to look over the car. After ruling out all possible sources of boost leaks and replacing diverter valves just to be safe we decided to reflash the ECU and have all the internal senors reset. I received back the ECU and boost was back. The needle was bouncing between 15psi and 20 psi at full throttle moving at upshift/downshift. It seemed the issue was fixed. Then while driving under multiple conditions the car would just go into limp mode which is what happens when you get the dash lights and error "Active Brake Assist Functions Limited" "Inoperative see operators manual". This seemed to happen under hard driving and normal driving and in automatic mode and manual shift mode. After going into limp mode the car would have rough idle at rest but not shut off unless I turned the car off. I will try to attach photo/video of issue. To temporarily fix the issue, you can pull over and with a scan tool clear the code which its throwing (P061A) Internal Control Module Torque Performance and then the car will drive fine until it goes into limp mode again. Now one thing I've found is that it only seems to happen when going into boost. So far if driving out of boost it hasn't had an issue.
I spoke to AMR about the issue and they explained that to fix this you need to have the ECU software updated to include the latest software update to the fuel pump. Some cars are gettign tuned with this software update already completed and that might be why they aren't having these issues (all suspicion). I don't have more information about how/why exactly this fixes the issue. My car has been taken to the dealer to try to get the update installed and hopefully that resolves the issue. To this stage AMR has been very helpful, and Matt very patient in speaking with me by phone and email to resolve the issue. Although its frustrating when these things happen if we continue to share our experiences hopefully it will help us owners to understand what is going on, and the tuners to diagnose the potential causes (if there's similarities between vehicles having the issues) and apply fixes to them.
Just curious, what did you tell Mercedes so that they would update your software?
Old 11-02-2017, 10:40 AM

All,

Great post. We need more of this. I feel a lot of people that had issues on the AMR platform have been silent, where as more have been vocal on EC and OE. I'm sure this can be sorted out. Good luck
Old 11-02-2017, 12:02 PM

2017 AMG c43 coupe
Just curious, what did you tell Mercedes so that they would update your software?
ive asked them nicely and reminded them that it's fair to ask for a simple software update when you spend 60k on a new Mercedes. Some dealers will be harder to work with than others. That being said, it's not done yet so take my advice with grain of salt.
The following users liked this post:
aggies15 (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
All,

Hey Vader,

Just a note, all my control modules are fully updated as of last week. And currently I am having no problems. But here is the thing, my problem went away before I took the car to Mercedes for checking for software updates. And when I took it to them they did not find any new ones. So I dunno what is going on here. The only two times I had this problem, I had my go pro on. I will be uploading the videos soon for you guys to check it out. What I noticed, it gets triggered with an increased torque request. So imagine you are in 4th gear/3000rpm. And you are in manual for example. Then you mash in the throttle. The gear would not change because you are in manual. But the car would request a load of torque when you press the gas in a low rpm. And that is when it gets triggered. The ECM gets a request of a large amount of torque, and the car cannot match it. And it goes into limp. Give my previous post a read. I found this my a quick search:

TORQUE MONITORING issues - 3 type of solutionsWe noticed many customers are struggling with torquemonitoring issues after tuning a car. We offer 3 kind of solutions for this:
  1. deactivation of torquemonitoring system
  2. deactivation of torquemonitoring errors P061a P061b, etc.
  3. calibrating torquemonitoring system so it matches the new torque request, many times also correcting to realistic torque request. This solution is the most time consuming solution and is obviously the best way to deal with this problem, exactly like OEM does.This torque performance calculation issue often happens on:The notorious Mercedes Benz Delphi DCM3.2, CRD2, CRD3,
Old 11-02-2017, 01:43 PM

'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by munis
Hey Vader,

Just a note, all my control modules are fully updated as of last week. And currently I am having no problems. But here is the thing, my problem went away before I took the car to Mercedes for checking for software updates. And when I took it to them they did not find any new ones. So I dunno what is going on here. The only two times I had this problem, I had my go pro on. I will be uploading the videos soon for you guys to check it out. What I noticed, it gets triggered with an increased torque request. So imagine you are in 4th gear/3000rpm. And you are in manual for example. Then you mash in the throttle. The gear would not change because you are in manual. But the car would request a load of torque when you press the gas in a low rpm. And that is when it gets triggered. The ECM gets a request of a large amount of torque, and the car cannot match it. And it goes into limp. Give my previous post a read. I found this my a quick search:

TORQUE MONITORING issues - 3 type of solutionsWe noticed many customers are struggling with torquemonitoring issues after tuning a car. We offer 3 kind of solutions for this:
  1. deactivation of torquemonitoring system
  2. deactivation of torquemonitoring errors P061a P061b, etc.
  3. calibrating torquemonitoring system so it matches the new torque request, many times also correcting to realistic torque request. This solution is the most time consuming solution and is obviously the best way to deal with this problem, exactly like OEM does.This torque performance calculation issue often happens on:The notorious Mercedes Benz Delphi DCM3.2, CRD2, CRD3,
That's interesting because I've tried pretty much every single driving style when I had this issue. There were times where my foot was barely on the accelerator and it still triggered limp mode. Also tried driving in ECO mode and it was doing it consistently as well.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I have one of the first c43 sedans in the USA that was produced the last week of July 2016... I have the AMR tune as of May this year and no problems yet, I’m guessing I have the earliest software because of my build date, I put the hammer down constantly on the highway and I’ve never had a cel..
The following 2 users liked this post by Gungaslow:
Blacked out E63 (11-02-2017), Star4life (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 02:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I have one of the first c43 sedans in the USA that was produced the last week of July 2016... I have the AMR tune as of May this year and no problems yet, I’m guessing I have the earliest software because of my build date, I put the hammer down constantly on the highway and I’ve never had a cel..
+1

No issues here either. Beat on mine all the time as well. My buddy has his red C43 tuned by AMR and no issues with his either.

I noticed the people that have the "light" from the AMR tune tend to have 1 thing in common ... either they have mechanical issues with the car prior or the car was tuned or touched by someone prior. We may all not be experiencing problems due to us going directly to AMR first as well as not having any issues with the vehicle before the tune.

Last edited by Blacked out E63; 11-02-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Blacked out E63
+1

No issues here either. Beat on mine all the time as well.
Yah, there are far more cars stable and solid than ones with problems. This goes for all tuners. I originally thought it was early build date cars but I don't think so. Who the hell knows what it is.. Like some people said, the tunes will amplify problems if your car is not 100% to begin with. And when you're delivering this kind of power over stock, some cars will take better to it than others.
The following 3 users liked this post by threefirs:
Blacked out E63 (11-02-2017), ecmexchange (11-06-2017), getmercd (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 02:30 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by threefirs
Yah, there are far more cars stable and solid than ones with problems. This goes for all tuners. I originally thought it was early build date cars but I don't think so. Who the hell knows what it is.. Like some people said, the tunes will amplify problems if your car is not 100% to begin with. And when you're delivering this kind of power over stock, some cars will take better to it than others.
Very well said, I agree with that completely.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:25 PM

2017 AMG c43 coupe
I agree that there could be multiple factors which are leading some cars to go into limp mode which may have nothing to do with the tune. I can only speak for my own situation when I say that my car was not tuned prior to AMR and that it had no prior mechanical issues. I also think you can't compare stage 1 tuned cars to stage 2. When I was originally stage 1 I had no cells, limp mode etc. Those issues came about after installing catless DPs and reflashing to stage 2. I think most of the issues are happening at stage 2 if I'm not mistaken?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:17 PM

2017 AMG c43 coupe
Update: I received the car back from Mercedes. The fuel Pump software was updated by the dealer per AMR's recommendation to fix the car throwing a code and going into limp mode. I am happy to report that the car is running 100% now and the issue has seemed to be fixed. I am getting 20psi boost at full WOT and car is running much better (shifting smoother and more power). Whatever is done when the fuel pump software is updated to the latest version seems to fix this issue, at least for my car. It's only fair that I give credit to AMR for providing me with the correct information to fix the issue. Its only been a day but fingers crossed this is the fix. I will continue to report any further issues. Just for fun, here's an updated 0-60 video now that the car is making full boost.

The following 3 users liked this post by W205C43AMGCoupe:
AMR Performance (11-06-2017), ecmexchange (11-06-2017), Nick Stone (06-29-2020)
Old 11-04-2017, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Update: I received the car back from Mercedes. The fuel Pump software was updated by the dealer per AMR's recommendation to fix the car throwing a code and going into limp mode. I am happy to report that the car is running 100% now and the issue has seemed to be fixed. I am getting 20psi boost at full WOT and car is running much better (shifting smoother and more power). Whatever is done when the fuel pump software is updated to the latest version seems to fix this issue, at least for my car. It's only fair that I give credit to AMR for providing me with the correct information to fix the issue. Its only been a day but fingers crossed this is the fix. I will continue to report any further issues. Just for fun, here's an updated 0-60 video now that the car is making full boost.

https://youtu.be/cRSIj_q96Y0
that’s great news..out of curiosity, do you know when you car was produced? The date should be on the drive door jam card in month/year format...example 9/16
Old 11-05-2017, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Great news!
Old 11-06-2017, 08:39 AM

'17 C43 Coupe
To give everyone an update as well, EC re-tuned my car this past weekend. I was still pretty skeptical about doing it again but I figured since I was in Houston for the whole weekend, I can just easily take it back if another CEL popped up. I drove my car pretty hard the entire weekend and never had an issue. I probably put 300 miles on it just driving around town as often as I could to try and trigger the CEL. The 250 mile drive back to Dallas was also flawless. Needless to say, it looks like EC identified what the issue was and fixed it.

Also, not sure if it's me or not, but I noticed that the exhaust pops and crackles are significantly louder under hard driving with the tune.

Last edited by aggies15; 11-06-2017 at 08:41 AM.
loungn14 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
well looks like i need to make a complaint to dealer about fuel delivery and tranny and engine so essentially get everything updated to newest version b efore tune?
Old 11-06-2017, 09:24 AM

'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Star4life
well looks like i need to make a complaint to dealer about fuel delivery and tranny and engine so essentially get everything updated to newest version b efore tune?
My dealer wasn't able to update my software before I had to leave for Houston so my C43 is still running the same software version from factory. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to update it but it isn't required (for EC tunes, at least).
Old 11-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG

Nice! Love the videos!

One thing I must say, AMR knows there platforms they support inside-and-out.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:54 AM

To give everyone an update as well, EC re-tuned my car this past weekend. I was still pretty skeptical about doing it again but I figured since I was in Houston for the whole weekend, I can just easily take it back if another CEL popped up. I drove my car pretty hard the entire weekend and never had an issue. I probably put 300 miles on it just driving around town as often as I could to try and trigger the CEL. The 250 mile drive back to Dallas was also flawless. Needless to say, it looks like EC identified what the issue was and fixed it.

Also, not sure if it's me or not, but I noticed that the exhaust pops and crackles are significantly louder under hard driving with the tune.
Awesome. Glad to hear things are OK right now. V2 is violent and fast. It was a good improvement from V1! Happy driving.
aggies15 (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Good to see people sharing this info
Old 11-11-2017, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
I really hate people who opens a thread to ask for help in a forum and never gets back to update if the problem was solved or not.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:14 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
edit
Old 11-11-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
I strongly recommend having a scan on your C43 if you have not already done so. I was working with Rob and Matt at AMR and Rob found 4 error codes that either never flashed on my screen or they did and I did not notice. One error is with a passenger headlight module, another was cut the Neckscarf (Cab. specific) and most importantly two exhaust related problems likely related. It seems one of the Exhast flapper acuator has a malfunction. This problem is causing the turbo boost to be limited and significantly reducing HP. Bringing the car to the dealer on Monday. Will provide an update.

Has anyone else had any of these issues?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.