Sponsored by:

Post Signing Lease Considerations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
Post Signing Lease Considerations

I'm just starting a lease on a 2018 C43 Coupe. Fun car to drive but am already anticipating going over the allotted mileage by as much as 10,000 - 15,000 over the course of three years. Wondering what the best options would be if this is the case. Don't think I'd want to pay off the residual and buy the car so it would seem either paying the difference ($2K-$3K) on turn-in or parking it for a while at lease end are the options. Also wondering how most dealers handle this. I would assume that they're happy to ignore the excess mileage (within reason) if your intention is to turn around and sign another lease from them again.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
There are a number of different ways to combat this.
A lot of times, there are "pull ahead" deals at the end of your lease - meaning the MBFS picks up a couple of payments and allows you to end the lease early (no mileage penalty) to sign a new lease.
The dealer can also purchase the car from MBFS, meaning then the dealer is responsible for the car, thus eliminating any overage. There is no guarantee this would be the case though.
depending if the car has equity in it or not, you can purchase the car, sell it yourself, or trade it in on a different one.
MBFS also has a $500 turn-in forgiveness for both mileage/damage and waives the $600 turn-in if you purchase/lease another Mercedes.

All is not lost, there is options. Enjoy your car!
Old 12-10-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
Originally Posted by OverboostC43
There are a number of different ways to combat this.
A lot of times, there are "pull ahead" deals at the end of your lease - meaning the MBFS picks up a couple of payments and allows you to end the lease early (no mileage penalty) to sign a new lease.
The dealer can also purchase the car from MBFS, meaning then the dealer is responsible for the car, thus eliminating any overage. There is no guarantee this would be the case though.
depending if the car has equity in it or not, you can purchase the car, sell it yourself, or trade it in on a different one.
MBFS also has a $500 turn-in forgiveness for both mileage/damage and waives the $600 turn-in if you purchase/lease another Mercedes.

All is not lost, there is options. Enjoy your car!
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I paid the lease up front, so ending it early wouldn't be an attractive option unless the applied those months toward the purchase or lease of a new vehicle. I saved a few thousand doing the pre-pay, so I suppose another way of looking at it is that money can be applied to any miles overage. I'm sure that in general they reward anyone who is continuing to give them business and make those who are not pay a penalty. I worked with an auto broker to make the deal and will likely do the same at the two or three year mark, depending on what I want to do. The last way I want to approach it is to avoid driving the car for such a relatively trivial concern, short of putting tens of thousands of extra miles on it.