Bad Experience with Weistec Engineering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by tomabram13
hahaha.....very funny. I am 100% right that nobody has the right to bash any vendor that they never even purchased so much as a bolt from them. Let all jump on the bandwagon. Very sad.

Fanboys will be fanboys but business is business.

Those of us with experience working in a supply chain, any supply chain, know that it's always best to under promise and over deliver. It's pretty clear that Weistec missed on this one. Misses will happen, nobody's perfect and even the best run companies are staffed mostly by people not robots. Sometimes those people make mistakes. Sometimes they are checked out and just don't give a fk. Regardless, good customer service requires being sensitive to a customer's needs and doing your best to win back their trust if they feel they've been mistreated.

There are plenty of companies out there that still follow this model and I will continue to do business with them even if they have competitors that may beat them on price. If they don't follow a customer oriented model, I'll move on to one of their competitors who does.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by CFG
Just ignore the guy, he loves to stir.
Me? Umm, I'm trying to have a constructive conversation on a vendor that I, and many members here do business with. This wacko is adding nothing to the topic at hand and actually distracting from it for no apparent reason.

But you? You have anything good to say ever? Certainly not in here. Perhaps we should check your posts in the c300 section? You know, the ones where you repeatedly go into threads and tell people that they are idiots for trying to modify their 300's as they aren't good for anything but decent gas mileage. THAT would be "stirring" the pot. And being a douche.

Originally Posted by tomabram13
hahaha.....very funny. I am 100% right that nobody has the right to bash any vendor that they never even purchased so much as a bolt from them. Let all jump on the bandwagon. Very sad.
Are you just an idiot or are you blind as well? I mean, what thread do you think you're in, or have you not been paying any attention?

1 - I not only have done business with Weistec, but I literally have had their downpipes on my car for a year now.
2 - No one has been "bashing" this vendor. Everyone has taken what has been said by the OP and have agreed that it is unreasonable for them to conduct business this way. No one has given final judgments of 'guilty' on the matter and ran them out of town have they? No, we as customers have CONSTRUCTIVELY added to the thread and have been waiting for Weistec to give their side of the story. Or an apology and explanation if OP's story is 100% correct. Do you understand now? I didn't think I would have to draw this out for anyone as it's pretty standard stuff for a car forum...But apparently I do.
3 - Some of us are not only customers, but some could have had similar experiences and have been holding back until Weistec adds their side. But since you're such an inept "child" it seems, I'll add it now. I am very interested in the outcome of this as when I purchased my DPs last year, I had a very similar experience. They told me they would ship on day X, but didn't ship until day Y. It was only a few days so it wasn't a big deal at the time and they apologized but if this is seemingly how they operate regularly, then I will think next time before I do business with them.

Are you beginning to understand reality now that I've done everything short of drawing you a picture with crayons? It's you that doesn't belong here. Everyone else has been patient and civil about the matter until you arrived. Everyone else seems to care and have a dog in this fight as opposed to you, who is here for no apparent reason than to call people names, tell them they're wrong, grossly misunderstand the entire point to this thread, and for the most part, being an ***-hole.

So unless you decide to finally add something constructive to this thread, please leave and allow others to continue with the topic as intended.

Last edited by sean1.8t; 01-28-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:44 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Lol look at this guy. He says nobody can comment cause nobody really knows for sure what happened. Then the OP comes in and the guy still says it didnt happen.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by waisoserious
Lol look at this guy. He says nobody can comment cause nobody really knows for sure what happened. Then the OP comes in and the guy still says it didnt happen.

IKR:/
His BS line of reasoning falls apart under the simplest analogy. By his reasoning, a judge would never be able to preside upon a case because he was not present for the dispute or crime and did not personally witness the interactions between the actors involved. That's a pretty lame argument that immediately breaks down under the slightest scrutiny.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
'17 C43 Coupe
I don't know why you guys are even still commenting on this. When I'm having a discussion and someone starts using "lolz", throwing insults, touting they had a "main account" with more tenure (like it matters), and calling everyone "kid", the discussion is over for me. There is no point in reasoning with someone like that.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C450 AMG,, JAAAAG XF 5.0
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ars-socal.html

have a read at what other's have to say about Weistec to know that I am not alone. I really did not want to go to that extent but I hope you get convinced. Let's refrain from insulting each other and make this constructive discussion please.
The following users liked this post:
alamoudis2 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 08:35 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Every company has had a bad experience with customers in some way. I've had bad experiences with H&R and Brabus of all companies.