MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   C63s vs C43 exhaust sound comparison. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/695072-c63s-vs-c43-exhaust-sound-comparison.html)

munis 01-11-2018 03:07 PM

C63s vs C43 exhaust sound comparison.

Just for comparison. This was a lot of fun, haha. In general the 43's pops and bangs turns way more heads than the 63's. Even my friend with his C63s admits it, as you can see in the video.

NYCSoiL 01-11-2018 04:20 PM

:bs:

jonathan358 01-11-2018 08:20 PM

Less hooning in the 5th most populated city in North America please. The C43 isn't even that nice...

cenzo86 01-11-2018 08:25 PM

I love my car, and the way it sounds.....But a v6 will never sound as good as an 8. Never. I do agree my car gets noticed for it's exhaust tone pretty frequently though.
I went out to dinner with a group of friends to Peter Luger last night. One of the guys has a Camaro SS that sounds like a beast. Is starts up angry and stays angry when you switch the pipes to the open mode. He pulled away from the valet a bit hard... Kinda like the way a mustang pulls out of a cars and coffee... In front of a Nassau County cop car.:slap: He did a hard one to two shift and that car gave a loud bang on the upshift. It puts our gear change fart to shame. It was the best sounding unsafe start ticket we've ever heard.
The current c63 turbo engine doesn't sound as good as the last gen 6.3 na motor, but 8>6, and 12>8.

jonathan358 01-11-2018 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by cenzo86 (Post 7355744)
I love my car, and the way it sounds.....But a v6 will never sound as good as an 8. Never. I do agree my car gets noticed for it's exhaust tone pretty frequently though.
I went out to dinner with a group of friends to Peter Luger last night. One of the guys has a Camaro SS that sounds like a beast. Is starts up angry and stays angry when you switch the pipes to the open mode. He pulled away from the valet a bit hard... Kinda like the way a mustang pulls out of a cars and coffee... In front of a Nassau County cop car.:slap: He did a hard one to two shift and that car gave a loud bang on the upshift. It puts our gear change fart to shame. It was the best sounding unsafe start ticket we've ever heard.
The current c63 turbo engine doesn't sound as good as the last gen 6.3 na motor, but 8>6, and 12>8.
https://youtu.be/015PhKD5Now

Everybody knows it goes 10>8>12>6!

waisoserious 01-11-2018 09:07 PM

The C63 sounds different. It sounds like monster. The 43, honestly I cant really discern from engine noise or exhaust noise because the engine is so muted. Theres even debate on whether or not the M276 has acoustic assistance or not. The 43 sounds nice but it and the 63 are on different planets imo.

DVision44 01-11-2018 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by jonathan358 (Post 7355739)
Less hooning in the 5th most populated city in North America please. The C43 isn't even that nice...

:rolf:

unr1 01-11-2018 10:19 PM

What a terrible place to speed like that. So many pedestrians and parked cars

Wookii 01-11-2018 11:36 PM

The C43 is awesome if there's no C63 around.

jonathan358 01-11-2018 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wookii (Post 7355865)
The C43 is awesome if there's no C63 around.

^

munis 01-12-2018 02:12 AM

The C43 in higher RPM has a higher pitch than the V8, hence even my friend driving the C63s admits that C43 is louder as he says in the video. If you think otherwise, find a c43 with a PE and follow it. Our upshift bangs are louder than that the C63s's period. The C63s has a throatier and more bassier sound which attenuates faster.

NYCSoiL 01-12-2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by munis (Post 7355922)
The C43 in higher RPM has a higher pitch than the V8, hence even my friend driving the C63s admits that C43 is louder as he says in the video. If you think otherwise, find a c43 with a PE and follow it. Our upshift bangs are louder than that the C63s's period. The C63s has a throatier and more bassier sound which attenuates faster.

Whatever makes you happy, man

alexasa 01-12-2018 09:34 AM

You should be embarrassed to even post such a video let alone behave in such a douchey way on those types of roads.

Louder ≠ better sound

Dieseldan9 01-12-2018 10:53 AM

sorry don't agree

munis 01-12-2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by alexasa (Post 7356031)
You should be embarrassed to even post such a video let alone behave in such a douchey way on those types of roads.

Louder ≠ better sound

I thought you have an audi now.

Anyway you and I have shared our opinions on the sound of this car already, haha. I don't know why we are still arguing about it. Sound quality is subjective, what sounds good to you might not sound good to a lot of people. On the other hand I cannot count how many people praises the sound this car produces, the c63s owner in the video included.

DRLC43 01-12-2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by cenzo86 (Post 7355744)
https://youtu.be/015PhKD5Now

the C43 sounds great, especially for a V6. The only comparable is the Jaguar F Type. Having said that the C63s sound incredible. They sound like my brother’s 1970 Chevelle SS and nothing sounds better than that.

JR1330 01-12-2018 05:00 PM

I had a C63s for a day and love the deeper V8 rumble sound the exhaust makes over the C43 but I love the upshift bangs on the C43 with PE better.
My previous DD was an E90 M3 and I will always love V8 but the C43 is decent for a V6 without PE and great with PE.
My C43 didn't have PE and I installed the AWE Touring which is noticeably better than stock sport exhaust but since it lacks the upshift bangs it doesn't complete the experience that you get with the PE.
Like many others if I had to do it all over again I would order with a PE (damn ECU lol)
DRLC43 the Jaguar F-Type is the comparable exhaust to a C43. I prefer the F-Type R over C43.

Hungalow 01-13-2018 06:29 AM

Buddy thats some pretty dooshy driving there you should be proud... why not hit some twisties for self enjoyment instead of showing off like a 16 year old attention whore ripping in traffic up and down yonge..york ..and bridge by ACC... basically downtown T.O. Stuff that was done in the 80s cruise yonge looking for chickies good luck with that.
As far as the sound whatever who cares..if you owned a civic that would sound the best..lol... grow up and act like someone who drives a mercedes a (gentlemen).

Auto Pilot 01-13-2018 07:07 AM

I couldn't help but notice the handicap parking pass on the dash.

munis 01-13-2018 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Hungalow (Post 7356745)
Buddy thats some pretty dooshy driving there you should be proud... why not hit some twisties for self enjoyment instead of showing off like a 16 year old attention whore ripping in traffic up and down yonge..york ..and bridge by ACC... basically downtown T.O. Stuff that was done in the 80s cruise yonge looking for chickies good luck with that.
As far as the sound whatever who cares..if you owned a civic that would sound the best..lol... grow up and act like someone who drives a mercedes a (gentlemen).

Well I am a 16 yea old. Well not 16, but I am still pretty young. And I honestly do not know why it looks douchy, I was always between 1st and 2nd gears unless it was in the tunnel.

No one was looking for girls haha, just two friends having some fun with their car exhausts within what I would say pretty safe limits. Both of us checked our blind spots and signaled before lane changes. About the pedestrians, dunno how anyone would jump across the wall borders in the tunnels.

Anyway I respect your opinion, in that case my apologies.

munis 01-13-2018 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Auto Pilot (Post 7356750)
I couldn't help but notice the handicap parking pass on the dash.

I have a bad case of planar facia. Like really bad flat feet.

Hungalow 01-13-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by munis (Post 7356851)

Well I am a 16 yea old. Well not 16, but I am still pretty young. And I honestly do not know why it looks douchy, I was always between 1st and 2nd gears unless it was in the tunnel.

No one was looking for girls haha, just two friends having some fun with their car exhausts within what I would say pretty safe limits. Both of us checked our blind spots and signaled before lane changes. About the pedestrians, dunno how anyone would jump across the wall borders in the tunnels.

Anyway I respect your opinion, in that case my apologies.

all fine and dandy but in your video blasting then braking hard in tunnel and many other parts of video you guys look like bobble heads cause of the constant on.. off.. gas for the sound. I could bet anything if the police was on your heiney you would not drive so. This would refute your thought on safe limits........
​​
Have a nice day please drive safe

munis 01-13-2018 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hungalow (Post 7356861)
all fine and dandy but in your video blasting then braking hard in tunnel and many other parts of video you guys look like bobble heads cause of the constant on.. off.. gas for the sound. I could bet anything if the police was on your heiney you would not drive so. This would refute your thought on safe limits........
​​
Have a nice day please drive safe

If the police was behind me and I did not notice and kept driving the car like this, then that would mean I have no spatial awareness. In that case, I would deserve the ticket.

Hungalow 01-13-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by munis (Post 7356943)
If the police was behind me and I did not notice and kept driving the car like this, then that would mean I have no spatial awareness. In that case, I would deserve the ticket.

munis its all good.. am sure all of us on here including me let the HEN CACKLE once in a while but for me just not in high traffic areas. In one day last week 17 people in the GTA were struck by cars.
btw saw your tmp track video, now that I have no critique, nicely done.. funny the end.. HONDA.. lol I might go next summer

munis 01-13-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hungalow (Post 7356945)
munis its all good.. am sure all of us on here including me let the HEN CACKLE once in a while but for me just not in high traffic areas. In one day last week 17 people in the GTA were struck by cars.
btw saw your tmp track video, now that I have no critique, nicely done.. funny the end.. HONDA.. lol I might go next summer

Haha thanks man! And yeah this is once in a blue moon thing. We don't drive like this all the time. About the twisty roads, definitely do suggest some around, I don't even know of one around GTA.

I cant believe you just compared our exhaust to hen cackling hahaha.