Sponsored by:

Took Deliver Monday!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Coupe
Took Deliver Monday!!!

Took delivery of this bad boy Monday! It's actually for my girl. She was due for a new car and we were considering a C300 coupe. After test driving both there was no way I was getting the the 300. This car is so much fun to drive, not to mention the killer looks and design.

Question for those of you that have had some time with this motor. I noticed in Sport + the gears sometimes tend to hang until I manually up shift. Is this normal? Can take it all the way past 5K RMP and it won't shift until I hit the paddle behind the wheel. This is at cruising speeds or slightly above. I've yet to mash the go pedal to the floor since I only have about 150 miles on it. TIA

Old 04-27-2018, 01:46 PM

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
Anyone experience this? Just want to know if this is a concern that needs to be addressed. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:08 PM

Received 181 Likes on 142 Posts
2017 C43
Originally Posted by youngster77
Anyone experience this? Just want to know if this is a concern that needs to be addressed. Thanks.
The transmission is probably still “learning” your driving style. Eventually, depending on how you drive it’ll adapt and shift accordingly. You should be ok...
And congratulations to the new addition to the stable!
Old 04-27-2018, 04:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 E63s Sedan & 2019 C43 Coupe
I guess if you think about taking it to the track and saving Sport + for that, then it makes sense. It should go to redline, right?
Old 04-27-2018, 05:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
none yet
Were you driving in automatic or manual mode, because in sports + and manual mode, the transmission will not up-shift on its own, just bounce off the rev limiter.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:19 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Too many
in sport + it will hang to the gear close or at redline , it is normal
probably you should drive it in comfort the first few hundred miles , but the car will protect itself, even if you mash the pedal it will upshift
Old 04-27-2018, 05:26 PM

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by pghc63
in sport + it will hang to the gear close or at redline , it is normal
probably you should drive it in comfort the first few hundred miles , but the car will protect itself, even if you mash the pedal it will upshift
Thanks for clearing this up for me. And I already plan on easing it in for the first few hundred miles. Was just a lil concerned about the way it was behaving.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
That's kind of the point of the sport modes. Obviously it changes the suspension, steering, aggressiveness within the ecu, and a few other things, but it also changes how the transmission behaves. In 'Eco' and 'Comfort' modes it will shift as quickly as possible to achieve the best possible fuel economy, but in 'Sport' and 'Sport+' modes, it will disregard fuel economy in favor of better performance. Basically it will keep you closer to the sweet-spot of the powerband. Like mo11 said, after it learns your driving style it will adjust accordingly. If you drive aggressive then it will keep you in the lowest possible gear, but if you just cruise around in Sport+ mode, it will keep you in a higher gear. But it will only hold so high of a gear. This way when you're driving with the transmission in auto, the car will only have to downshift 1-2 gears when you step on the throttle.

Also, don't worry about taking it easy on the motor. Mercedes motors are broken in at the factory on engine stands. Only the "One man, one engine" AMG motors require a break-in period
Old 04-29-2018, 01:07 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
C-class Operator's Manual

Took Deliver Monday!!!-8omreiv.png