MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   OMG!!! BMS JB4 in the works! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/707744-omg-bms-jb4-works.html)

DameMD 05-16-2018 12:24 PM

OMG!!! BMS JB4 in the works!

Guys we did it! From the PM's to, nagging Terry/BMS on the N54 forums, they have finally started working on the JB4. They have a c63s currently at their facility that they are working on and next will be us 43 guys. They also stated they will be looking for Beta testers in the coming weeks. I am so excited that I am about to piss my pants. Good job guys!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...=28003&page=13

Let the tuning wars begin!

SoCalC43 05-16-2018 01:06 PM

What should we expect from the JB4? I have the JB1 currently, and I'm really happy with it.

RichardCranium3 05-16-2018 02:09 PM

Bazinga! :woowoo::thankyou::wootrock:

agchenry 05-16-2018 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalC43 (Post 7455421)
What should we expect from the JB4? I have the JB1 currently, and I'm really happy with it.

imagine fuel trim control and boost per gear. That alone will be a big plus for our platform

RichardCranium3 05-16-2018 04:44 PM

I'm more curious about how this is going to shake out for people who just purchased a JB1...

iggs 05-16-2018 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by RichardCranium3 (Post 7455627)
I'm more curious about how this is going to shake out for people who just purchased a JB1...

I'm currently considering purchasing a JB1 ... wonder what the timeline is like for this to actually hit the market and if I should bite the bullet and get a JB1 for this season now and then chop it when the JB4 comes out... if that'll even be possible at the time!

C43Ayemgee 05-16-2018 06:13 PM

Well if someone from BMS is reading this, ill happily be a tester for the JB4 :)

FirstMBAMG 05-16-2018 09:04 PM

I will be happy to watch someone potentially trash their car as a beta tester :rolf: to each his own, but did I buy a luxury sports car to be a beta tester over a couple hundred bucks? Nahhhh that’s silly.

C43Ayemgee 05-16-2018 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by FirstMBAMG (Post 7455851)
I will be happy to watch someone potentially trash their car as a beta tester :rolf: to each his own, but did I buy a luxury sports car to be a beta tester over a couple hundred bucks? Nahhhh that’s silly.

Ehh, If its leased, who cares

C43Ayemgee 05-16-2018 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by CFG (Post 7455876)
You will. I suggest reading the lease for content.

Have plenty of friends with very modified leases, no problems at all even when problems occur ;)

FirstMBAMG 05-16-2018 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by C43Ayemgee (Post 7455874)
Ehh, If its leased, who cares

haha yeah, unfortunately/fortunately I own mine so I am a bit more cautious. But certainly glad some folks are willing to give it a shot.

agchenry 05-17-2018 07:37 AM

yup, to each his own, but being happy to see someone trash their car is kind of heartless. Why would someone’s misfortune make anyone happy? Even if the misfortune was self inflicted. Like being happy someone crashed because they were speeding. Everyone speeds at one point or another. I’d say JB4 could potentially be safer than JB1 or Racechips for that matter if it monitors AFR and keeps those values in check. Not saying I’m sure JB4 would monitor AFR in our cars but it does have that capability in other cars.

iggs 05-17-2018 07:42 AM

What are the hp differences like between the JB1 and JB4 on the bmws?

should we expect similar differences with our cars?

agchenry 05-17-2018 08:05 AM

Only Terry can answer that question since the product isn’t out yet

skim7x 05-17-2018 09:39 AM

I had a JB4 on my e92 (among several other tunes... Dinan, Cobb, Procede, etc). Nobody would even bother with a JB1 in the bimmer world haha... Didn't even know it was a thing...

DameMD 05-17-2018 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by iggs (Post 7456120)
What are the hp differences like between the JB1 and JB4 on the bmws?

should we expect similar differences with our cars?

Not sure but if JB1 is only tapping into Boost and 18bora is making over 60+hp and 80+tq then I can only imagine what a JB4 can do with measuring A/F, timing, boost and other stuff. Plus like the BMW guys, you can use JB4 to cancel the CEL for downpipes and you can also adjust parameters to get max gains out of them. I been holding off on installing my downpipes because I was going to get an ECU tune but now I can just use the JB4 if BMS sets it up like how the 335i/340 guys use it.

Gungaslow 05-17-2018 01:18 PM

Will the jb4 work with nitrous?

Chrisk03 05-17-2018 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by DameMD (Post 7455384)
Guys we did it! From the PM's to, nagging Terry/BMS on the N54 forums, they have finally started working on the JB4. They have a c63s currently at their facility that they are working on and next will be us 43 guys. They also stated they will be looking for Beta testers in the coming weeks. I am so excited that I am about to piss my pants. Good job guys!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...=28003&page=13

Interesting. I've been looking at tunes and trying to decide if I want to go that route or just leave my "baby" stock. The 43 certainly has enough power for everyday driving and I probably will never drag/track it, but it's always nice to kick it up a notch. :) I never tuned my Bimmer, but always saw/read good things about BMS/Terry on those forums. Guess I'll hold off on the Renntech and see what this brings...perhaps get comparable performance and have some $$$ left over for an exhaust or dp. :y

Darrington 05-17-2018 09:05 PM

Subscribing, and selling some car parts to fund this purchase in the meantime!

FirstMBAMG 05-18-2018 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by agchenry (Post 7456119)
yup, to each his own, but being happy to see someone trash their car is kind of heartless. Why would someone’s misfortune make anyone happy? Even if the misfortune was self inflicted. Like being happy someone crashed because they were speeding. Everyone speeds at one point or another. I’d say JB4 could potentially be safer than JB1 or Racechips for that matter if it monitors AFR and keeps those values in check. Not saying I’m sure JB4 would monitor AFR in our cars but it does have that capability in other cars.

sarcasm is often misinterpreted.

C43Ayemgee 05-18-2018 01:34 PM

anyone know if jb4 will be able to remove the speed limiter? I was able to remove the limiter on my charger with a handheld piggyback, wondering if its possible for to do the same without a ECU flash

skim7x 05-18-2018 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by C43Ayemgee (Post 7457224)
anyone know if jb4 will be able to remove the speed limiter? I was able to remove the limiter on my charger with a handheld piggyback, wondering if its possible for to do the same without a ECU flash

I don't think piggybacks can remove speed limiters. You'd need an ECU flash to do that. But I've also never seen a handheld piggyback... you probably had a handheld ECU flashing device...

18bora 05-19-2018 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by DameMD (Post 7455384)
Guys we did it! From the PM's to, nagging Terry/BMS on the N54 forums, they have finally started working on the JB4. They have a c63s currently at their facility that they are working on and next will be us 43 guys. They also stated they will be looking for Beta testers in the coming weeks. I am so excited that I am about to piss my pants. Good job guys! http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28003&page=13

While they are not promising anything in the near future, this is great news for everyone!! including those who are looking for a full tune. Between the JB1 results and now the possible release of the JB4, it will force full tuners to lower their prices to reality >>>>> ($600-$800) ... based on BMW/Audi tune prices.

Originally Posted by skim7x (Post 7457454)
I don't think piggybacks can remove speed limiters. You'd need an ECU flash to do that. But I've also never seen a handheld piggyback... you probably had a handheld ECU flashing device...

According to the vid below, it can be done with an SDS scanner :nix:

Guess what the V1-tune guys were doing....... beta testing

Regardless of the tune/tuner, you're always taking a risk anytime you modify a car, and don't be fooled by tuners who offer "warranty", read the fine print and good luck if you ever have to use it. No one if forcing anybody to tune their car and It's very simple, if you can't take any risk, keep your car stock.

DameMD 05-20-2018 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 18bora (Post 7457752)
While they are not promising anything in the near future, this is great news for everyone.

I am hoping it comes out by end of June/July. Terry already stated he may need local beta testers in a week or two. It took them no time to bring out the Kia Stinger jb4 and q50/q60, so iam hoping sooner than later so i can get these freaking downpipes installed before summer ends.

iggs 05-20-2018 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by DameMD (Post 7458529)
I am hoping it comes out by end of June/July. Terry already stated he may need local beta testers in a week or two. It took them no time to bring out the Kia Stinger jb4 and q50/q60, so iam hoping sooner than later so i can get these freaking downpipes installed before summer ends.

have you heard anything from terry to confirm this? I was thinking of getting a jb1 just now for this season as I was under the impression that this jb4 wouldn’t make it out in time for the end of the summer season but if this isn’t the case I might as well hold off and wait for a jb4 now...

anybody hear anything on timeline to production?