MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   New Record for quarter mile. 11.49s @ 118.12 mph (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/710152-new-record-quarter-mile-11-49s-118-12-mph.html)

munis 06-08-2018 09:42 AM

New Record for quarter mile. 11.49s @ 118.12 mph

Credit where credit is due. This happened last weekend. Extremely impressive time, specially that 60ft, I do not see anyone touching it under any circumstances. That's Nissan GTR territory. I love the flexibility of changing the maps with my JB and I think the top end with the JB1 still has the edge, but if I had to go with a full tune, this without a doubt would be the way to go. They apparently did 11.5 to 11.7 consistently for 20 runs, which is unreal.
There were several of our friends there, so this is verified.

As far as I have heard, Slav from EC Canada spent countless hours perfecting this. Just downpipes and tune on this car. Expect it to be in the high tens and super low 11s when the turbos come out.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...af3d88d81a.jpg

ShazV6 06-08-2018 09:47 AM

I saw this bro. I am so glad this happened lol. I am heavily contemplating down pipes at this point.

C43Ayemgee 06-08-2018 11:25 AM

Thats very impressive

alexasa 06-08-2018 11:54 AM

Just downpipes and tune on this car
Wheels, tires and suspension will still play a role in achieving these times. The stock suspension squats a lot on the rear when launching (front end losing traction), the stock tires are pretty garbage (the PS4S they are running is the best street tire you can equip) and the wheels themselves probably shave a weight per corner over stock (rotating mass/sprung weight some of the most critical weight to lose)

Star4life 06-08-2018 02:10 PM

impressive.

Gungaslow 06-08-2018 06:36 PM

I thought downpipes lose power?? What happened?? I’ve been away for a little and everyone swearing that downpipes lost power now say they make power??.. reminds me of my wife.. she says one thing then does another!!?? Lol

waisoserious 06-08-2018 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gungaslow (Post 7474324)
I thought downpipes lose power?? What happened?? I’ve been away for a little and everyone swearing that downpipes lost power now say they make power??.. reminds me of my wife.. she says one thing then does another!!?? Lol

Wha?? When did anybody ever say downpipes lose power??

DVision44 06-08-2018 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by waisoserious (Post 7474430)
Wha?? When did anybody ever say downpipes lose power??

It has been stated by more than one person that their was some power loss due to back pressure or something (If my memory is right). Whether it's the case or not...I don't know..

munis 06-08-2018 10:29 PM

I think that was the case initially. For example with exactly the same tune (a 17psi boost request for example), the car was producing less power while using the downpipes than without it altogether. This was happening because the ECU actually calculates back pressure, so when the exhaust manifold sensor was detecting that, the car was pulling timing. This is just a guess, but I think EC manipulated the electronic wastegate to make sure the car does not pull timing anymore with DPs. That is just a guess though. Only they can confirm.

Gungaslow 06-08-2018 10:52 PM

Damnit!!! I should have listened to AMR Months ago when they said that downpipes didn’t lose power.. they just had to adjust for them in the tune.. I had a great deal lined up locally to get some at a very good price...shouldn’t have second guessed them��

munis 06-08-2018 10:57 PM

You would think one of the competitors tune would have gone faster if they actually figured this out as well. I am sure there are plenty of cars with downpipes but not a single datapoint until now. :rolf:

Gungaslow 06-08-2018 11:18 PM

Scott hasn’t been to a track often but I’ve been talking to him recently about downpipes..he lives high up in outer space.. lol.. and he’s put down some impressive #s on dragy but never a full run because he runs out of room.. we need more tracks around here and cooler weather .. he been telling me for a long time to go for it but I didn’t listen..I’m an idiot sometimes because I second guess myself!!https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...035c6f5d6b.png

munis 06-08-2018 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gungaslow (Post 7474459)
Scott hasn’t been to a track often but I’ve been talking to him recently about downpipes..he lives high up in outer space.. lol.. and he’s put down some impressive #s on dragy but never a full run because he runs out of room.. we need more tracks around here and cooler weather .. he been telling me for a long time to go for it but I didn’t listen..I’m an idiot sometimes because I second guess myself!!https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...035c6f5d6b.png

Yeah tell him to keep praying for good weather. Meanwhile you can put your mother in law in a car with this tune and she will churn out a 11.5 as well all day long.

Gungaslow 06-08-2018 11:22 PM

She drives only in a special bus!! And I don’t want her in my car.. she smells! Lol

munis 06-08-2018 11:24 PM

And runs on dragy are just that. It is only an estimation. Things are much different on the strip than on bare tarmac. Ask Star4life here. He does 12.8 on tarmac all day long, but had a feat breaking into low 13s on the strip. This car will probably do a 11.3 on public roads with dragy.

Gungaslow 06-08-2018 11:47 PM

well now I’m out a good deal on downpipes!!! Had em.. lost em...my luck

Gungaslow 06-09-2018 08:02 AM

Funny thing...I see Scott went to the track last night on Facebook.. in horrible conditions 2000+ DA he almost hit 119mph trap on wet pavement from all the humidity.. I think it’s close! The conditions play a huge roll.. wish there was a way to meet at some universal track to play in the same conditions..

munis 06-09-2018 11:50 PM

There is. Scott literally lives 3hrs away from Cayuga as pointed out in Facebook,haha. Its a 2.5hr drive from where I live as well. Stop crying and take it to the track.

Bob Meade 05-27-2020 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by munis (Post 7474465)
And runs on dragy are just that. It is only an estimation. Things are much different on the strip than on bare tarmac. Ask Star4life here. He does 12.8 on tarmac all day long, but had a feat breaking into low 13s on the strip. This car will probably do a 11.3 on public roads with dragy.

Damn I have been wondering about this. I use dragy and also go to bandimere. Dragy is accurate as hell and matches my times at the strip exactly, but on the street my quarters are up to 3 tenths faster. I was wondering if it is the 'trackbite' or what.

C43HeartBoost 05-27-2020 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Meade (Post 8066220)
Damn I have been wondering about this. I use dragy and also go to bandimere. Dragy is accurate as hell and matches my times at the strip exactly, but on the street my quarters are up to 3 tenths faster. I was wondering if it is the 'trackbite' or what.

Who knows, but I assume it was 2 years of sleepless nights waiting for this poignant response.