Sponsored by:

C 43 Front seat belts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 43 AMG
C 43 Front seat belts

I recently completed the rebuild of my C 43 - bought it on Copart just before Christmas, it arrived in Europe in March and I it was ready by mid-April. There is one last thing left to replace - the Front Left seat belt. I got a pretty high price ~ $550 from the local dealers and couldn't find a used one. So I decided to order one online from the U.S. I found multiple online stores offering this part, and ordered the one with the biggest discount - https://www.mbpartspros.com/oem-part...58606600283d53

Then I found something that is confusing me - the Front Right seat belt has the same part number - 205-860-66-00-283D53 and in Product Details Positions: Left, Right is listed. And this is the case only for the Red seat belts with Pre-Safe - all the other seat belts have separate part numbers for Left and Right - you can check that here - https://www.mbpartspros.com/auto-par...eat-belts-scat

Also in Product Details it is listed that it Replaces:205-860-66-00-3D53. This is exactly the part number of my right seat belt - the left one is 205-860-65-00-3D53. I know that there was a Recall related exactly to the Front Left seat belt and may be that's why they have new part numbers. But I am just curios why only the red with pre-safe has the same part number for left and right. That's the case in all the online stores I found - I guess they use the same Mercedes parts database. Does anyone know more about this? Or could someone with a 2018 C 43 (mine is 2017) check their Front Left Seat belt part number (it's located on the buckle).