Sponsored by:

C400 OE Tune Before and After Dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
C400
C400 OE Tune Before and After Dyno

I wanted to share my experience with the latest change to my car, here is the info. I hope this helps other members make an educated decision in the future:

I had my C400 put on a Dyno to get a baseline HP and TQ reading before OE Tuning flashed my computer. It was dynode on a MAHA Dyno which I've read is what is used by manufactures to measure the power and torque ratings for cars placed in the market.

The process for getting the computer tuned by OE was fast and simple. Sent in my computer on a Wednesday morning had it installed by Friday afternoon. OE was quick in responding to any questions I had before and after the flash. The car itself is quicker, pulls harder and has no hesitation. I DID notice a decrease in gas mileage, not sure if it’s because I driver it harder now or its the tune itself. I can't seem to take it easy between fill-ups, lol.

I must say I was a bit disappointed at the stock numbers, I thought the car might have been underrated and maybe put down a few more ponies then what the factory stated. With that said the engine corrected power was 318hp compared to the 329hp rated by MB, loss of 11HP. Mercedes Benz says 354lbs of torque stock, my dyno sheet states 313lbs of torque, loss of loss of 41lbs. Stock RWHP 253.8, I didn’t think it would lose that much HP through the drivetrain. Still not bad for a car with 52K miles on it.

All runs were done with CA 91 Octane, I live in the SF Bay Area.

Here is the Dyno chart for the Stock Run:

baseline_no3_STOCK_91acn.pdf

These are the numbers after the OE Tune:
Engine Corrected Power: 365 gain of 47HP
Torque: 403lbs gain of 90lbs
RWHP: 293 gain of 40HP

I’m happy with the car and how it feels. Its quicker, more responsive, no lag and way more fun to drive. I would have liked to see the 80HP and the 110lbs of torque promised though. I’m sure the missing 33HP and 20lbs of torque would make the care feel much better than it does now!

Here is the Dyno chart for the OE Tuned run:

baseline_no3_REFLASH_91acn.pdf

Here are the two run comparison, the thinner lines are stock, wider are tuned:

comparison_stock_vs_reflash.pdf

Thank you all for reading!! ( I couldn't figure out how to past the charts and not attach them)

Alex
The following users liked this post:
eddiconfetti (08-11-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 03:30 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
C400
Here are a pics of the car strapped down, these are from the stock runs:

The following users liked this post:
eddiconfetti (08-11-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe