MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   OE TUNING - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/718342-oe-tuning-horrible-experience.html)

chynatown 08-15-2018 06:30 PM

OE TUNING - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know about my horrible experience with OE Tuning and their service or lack there of!!!

After doing some research a couple of years ago, I decided to go with a stage 2 tune from OE Tuning. The tune was ok, great exhaust notes but the power wasn’t the best. Anyways, I noticed last month that they advertised a sale on this forum, plus they were offering updates for existing customers. I confirmed that they had an update to which they did, and they were also offering more “burble” for and up charge. I decided to go with both any away my ecu went. The turn around time was quick and I had my ecu back in my car in a couple of days!!!

Here’s where is all starts!!! When I got my ecu back, I took my car out for a cruise and noticed that I lost ALL of the exhaust notes and there was no increase in power at all. A stock C450/43 had more exhaust sounds than my car!!! I immediately called Tyler and told him what was going on, he said to drive it for the weekend and if nothing changed to send the ecu back and they would reimburse me the shipping charges. Drove the car all weekend and nothing changed!! I then proceeded to get a shipping quote to send the unit back overnight with insurance. Just so they had a heads up, I sent an email back to them with the amount and I got an email back right away saying that the shipping charges were too expensive and that they could get a better price. That worked for me as they would take care of everything and I wouldn’t be out of pocket.

Monday rolls around, FedEx picks up the package and it was delivered the next day. I called to see how the process went and they said they programmed it too aggressive and that’s why I lost all the exhaust notes. Tyler said that they completed it and it would be sent out that day. I was provided a tracking number so I tracked the package as I always do. This was sent out on July 10th and to this day I still don’t have my ecu!!!

LET ME BE CLEAR, OE Tuning did NOT lose my ecu, FedEx lost it but OE Tuning washed their hands of it!!!! I found out that they didn’t use my original box, they changed it to a med size Fedex box to save money!! I also found out that to save $25 they didn’t insure my package, so now i’m out $2000 for a new ecu and $2000 for a reputable company like Eurocharged to tune my new ecu!! This could of all been avoided if they paid the $25 insurance like I quoted them when they asked me to pay the shipping back. I’ve sent several emails trying to work something else and all they say is that they didn’t lose it and they did their part..........they also followed that up with their shipping policy.

They have not answered any of my emails or phone calls after this!!! These guys are a class act!!

CA400 08-15-2018 06:59 PM

Wow!! :(

Dieseldan9 08-15-2018 08:21 PM

Damn that is terrible 4000 for a 25 dollar mistake.

Sad they didn't work with you more seeing as they had the ecu last

C43Ayemgee 08-15-2018 08:40 PM

Dude that sucks, losing your ECU, then having the weistec dp crack..

Mr. J 08-16-2018 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by chynatown (Post 7529779)
I just wanted to let everyone know about my horrible experience with OE Tuning and their service or lack there of!!!

After doing some research a couple of years ago, I decided to go with a stage 2 tune from OE Tuning. The tune was ok, great exhaust notes but the power wasn’t the best. Anyways, I noticed last month that they advertised a sale on this forum, plus they were offering updates for existing customers. I confirmed that they had an update to which they did, and they were also offering more “burble” for and up charge. I decided to go with both any away my ecu went. The turn around time was quick and I had my ecu back in my car in a couple of days!!!

Here’s where is all starts!!! When I got my ecu back, I took my car out for a cruise and noticed that I lost ALL of the exhaust notes and there was no increase in power at all. A stock C450/43 had more exhaust sounds than my car!!! I immediately called Tyler and told him what was going on, he said to drive it for the weekend and if nothing changed to send the ecu back and they would reimburse me the shipping charges. Drove the car all weekend and nothing changed!! I then proceeded to get a shipping quote to send the unit back overnight with insurance. Just so they had a heads up, I sent an email back to them with the amount and I got an email back right away saying that the shipping charges were too expensive and that they could get a better price. That worked for me as they would take care of everything and I wouldn’t be out of pocket.

Monday rolls around, FedEx picks up the package and it was delivered the next day. I called to see how the process went and they said they programmed it too aggressive and that’s why I lost all the exhaust notes. Tyler said that they completed it and it would be sent out that day. I was provided a tracking number so I tracked the package as I always do. This was sent out on July 10th and to this day I still don’t have my ecu!!!

LET ME BE CLEAR, OE Tuning did NOT lose my ecu, FedEx lost it but OE Tuning washed their hands of it!!!! I found out that they didn’t use my original box, they changed it to a med size Fedex box to save money!! I also found out that to save $25 they didn’t insure my package, so now i’m out $2000 for a new ecu and $2000 for a reputable company like Eurocharged to tune my new ecu!! This could of all been avoided if they paid the $25 insurance like I quoted them when they asked me to pay the shipping back. I’ve sent several emails trying to work something else and all they say is that they didn’t lose it and they did their part..........they also followed that up with their shipping policy.

They have not answered any of my emails or phone calls after this!!! These guys are a class act!!

When I've worked in logistics we insured all the customer owned/customer supplied goods we shipped. It's just foolish not to. If your story is legit then OE was negligent. It's not just industry best practice to insure customer owned freight, it's industry standard. Not insuring customer owned freight is a big no-no.

waisoserious 08-16-2018 02:05 AM

No...I dont think thats gonna fly. They sent your ECU, and you didnt get it. Its up to them to take it up with DHL to get you your ECU.

hyperion667 08-16-2018 07:46 AM

That's a big bowl of DAYUM!!

Good luck

alextoto25 08-16-2018 08:47 AM

Thank you very much for sharing this! I also have OE Stage 2 and I was thinking about sending my ECU back to them as well for the updated software but after reading this I will not because this is exactly what I was afraid of happening

HTXgearhead 08-16-2018 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by alextoto25 (Post 7530187)
Thank you very much for sharing this! I also have OE Stage 2 and I was thinking about sending my ECU back to them as well for the updated software but after reading this I will not because this is exactly what I was afraid of happening

Just prepay and print the return label. Problem solved.

NYCSoiL 08-16-2018 09:24 AM

I've always used UPS and my own shipping label, no issues, great experience. Sorry for your loss though…

HTXgearhead 08-16-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by CFG (Post 7530231)
Guys, none of this helps, and it begs the question.

Ready for you to post an irrelevant picture that no one will understand.

Lazz83 08-16-2018 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by HTXgearhead (Post 7530305)

Ready for you to post an irrelevant picture that no one will understand.

Lol I love it

threefirs 08-16-2018 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by CFG (Post 7530459)
The issue remains, and impliedly blaming the guy, or post hoc reasoning is just cruel. Sven and da boys agree. ��

Stuff Sven and da boys up your a$$. You spew the most irrelevant BS. Never contributed an ounce of knowledge on this forum.

hyperion667 08-17-2018 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by threefirs (Post 7530929)

Stuff Sven and da boys up your a$$. You spew the most irrelevant BS. Never contributed an ounce of knowledge on this forum.

And you??

Dieseldan9 08-17-2018 06:52 AM

Well after this ,,,,,here comes the lock :-)

hyperion667 08-17-2018 06:56 AM

Wasn't CFG banned once already??

Chrisk03 08-17-2018 12:17 PM

Thanks for posting and sorry this happened. Absolutely horrible customer service, if everything you say is true. It's helpful to hear actual customer experiences with vendors here before deciding on a purchase. Hope you get sorted out!

SALES@OETUNING 08-17-2018 01:47 PM

Brian, I agree. This has been a horrible experience for you. We do our best to support all of our customers and the products that are purchased through OE Tuning. We have no control over the variables with respect to shipping internationally and domestically. This is the first time we have seen an ECU get lost and not be recovered. FedEx lost the ECU somewhere in transit to Canada and have not shed any light on what happened to the package or its whereabouts.
We only insure the ECU for shipping at the customer's request, for the value they specify. After seeing FedEx and USPS not back their insurance in the past, this is why we have the following shipping and returns policy:
http://www.oetuning.com/returns/?SID...bcfjoig55eei54

We, just like you, want the ECU to show up and can't see how it could get lost in transit.....

Chrisk03 08-17-2018 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING (Post 7531344)
Brian, I agree. This has been a horrible experience for you. We do our best to support all of our customers and the products that are purchased through OE Tuning. We have no control over the variables with respect to shipping internationally and domestically. This is the first time we have seen an ECU get lost and not be recovered. FedEx lost the ECU somewhere in transit to Canada and have not shed any light on what happened to the package or its whereabouts.
We only insure the ECU for shipping at the customer's request, for the value they specify. After seeing FedEx and USPS not back their insurance in the past, this is why we have the following shipping and returns policy:

We, just like you, want the ECU to show up and can't see how it could get lost in transit.....

Constructive Criticism: You may want to think about adding that wording to your "Shipping/Return Policy" disclosure, then. As a consumer, I guess I was under the impression whenever a company sends you something FedEx/UPS/USPS, especially this expensive, it is insured...guess not. Also, if you never tell your customer's this, how are they supposed to know to ask for insurance and how much? Perhaps, you did in this case, but it should be noted...thank you lawyers.

chynatown 08-17-2018 05:14 PM

I'm not sure you know how horrible of an experience this is a you have cut off all communication as of July 20th!! You guys washed your hands of it and blamed everything on FedEx!!! And the comment about doing your best to support your customers is unreal!!!

Here are the facts;

1. Tyler told me to pay for the shipping and I would get reimbursed. I sent an email back stating that it would be a certain amount insured and this is what I received back " For us to cover shipping we must generate the shipping lables for you on our wholesale trade account as we get much better pricing than what you quoted. We cannot cover the price you quoted."
2. According to FedEx, my package is somewhere is Irvine, California.....( I speak to FedEx daily).
3. FedEx has also confirmed that nobody from OE Tuning has contacted them in trying to locate this package!

I guess attaching the shipping and returns policy is your way of " doing our best to support " all of our customers!!!!

Mr. J 08-17-2018 08:34 PM

How long have you been in business?! UPS and Fed Ex loose items all the time. The last supply chain I managed relied heavily on UPS overnight for lab samples and at least one shipment was delayed or lost every month. Either your volume is pathetically low or you are wet behind the ears. Which is it?

Your company acted negligently. Your policy does not follow common best practice within the industry. You have a gotcha clause in the fine print which you believe gets you off the hook. Better have your lawyer review that one because it's not nearly as solid as you think.

The added insult is that you are still charging the customer for the tune. Even if it were reasonable (it isn't) to ship a fragile item of substantial value with no insurance, where do you get off charging the customer when you never successfully delivered the service.

Ridiculous!

OE tuning has been scratched off the list of companies I'll be doing business with.

Mr. J 08-17-2018 08:42 PM

Chynatown,
You should cross post this in the other AMG subforums if you haven't already.

Mr. J 08-17-2018 09:08 PM

SHIPPING & RETURN POLICY

OE Tuning ships with USPS and FedEx. By purchasing products through OE Tuning, you acknowledge that OE Tuning is not responsible for lost or stolen packages. Please refer to your tracking number for details related to the shipment whereabouts. If your package shows as delivered or cannot give the whereabouts of the package, please contact USPS or FedEx (whatever carrier applies) to file a claim.

All returns must be within 7 days of purchase date and are subject to a restocking fee. Any return outside of the 7 day return period will not be accepted. A return authorization (RMA) number must be first obtained by contacting OE Tuning, sales@oetuning.com. A 20% handling and restocking fee will be assessed for each hardware item returned, unless other arrangements are made with OE Tuning. OE Tuning is not responsible for any return shipments. No refunds on shipping. All returned items must be complete with no missing parts in as-new, resell-able condition. Any item that has been damaged will not be accepted for return under any circumstance. Please note that certain items are non-returnable or refundable.

This policy is grossly misleading^^. To file a claim for value greater than $100.00 the value must be declared upfront the the declared value fee (insurance) must be paid. Otherwise, Fed Ex's max liability is $100.00. Most consumers are unaware of this. Competent and professional shipping and receiving personnel would be aware of this fact. So the misleading policy implies that if Fed Ex loses or damages your ECU, you can just file a claim and all will be well. Reality is, if Fed Ex loses or damages the package they are on the hook for no more than $100.00 unless the parcel was insured upfront with a declared value provided to Fed Ex prior to them taking custody of the parcel.

Mr. J 08-17-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by chynatown (Post 7531532)
I'm not sure you know how horrible of an experience this is a you have cut off all communication as of July 20th!! You guys washed your hands of it and blamed everything on FedEx!!! And the comment about doing your best to support your customers is unreal!!!

Here are the facts;

1. Tyler told me to pay for the shipping and I would get reimbursed. I sent an email back stating that it would be a certain amount insured and this is what I received back " For us to cover shipping we must generate the shipping lables for you on our wholesale trade account as we get much better pricing than what you quoted. We cannot cover the price you quoted."
2. According to FedEx, my package is somewhere is Irvine, California.....( I speak to FedEx daily).
3. FedEx has also confirmed that nobody from OE Tuning has contacted them in trying to locate this package!

I guess attaching the shipping and returns policy is your way of " doing our best to support " all of our customers!!!!

Save the email. They mislead you to believe they were getting a discount on a volume account, when in reality they downgraded and shipped it without insuring. I would follow CFG's advice and file a complaint with the Cali AG office. Next step is small claims if it's possible to file against a Cali business from your jurisdiction. If so, do it. Make it as painful and inconvenient as possible. Being stupid should hurt.

hyperion667 08-18-2018 08:45 AM

This isn't the first time I've seen OE sucking