MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   Force Valves Open 100% with AWE Simulators (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/721112-force-valves-open-100-awe-simulators.html)

NYCSoiL 09-13-2018 03:16 PM

Force Valves Open 100% with AWE Simulators

Want to share this great mode with you guys: Original topic
He has a C63 but of course it works for the C43 with PE. I'm very happy with the results, well worth $50. It sounds louder, more aggressive. Will try to upload videos sometime..

jonathan358 09-13-2018 11:50 PM

Very interesting but if you read the comments, EVERYONE is saying they are getting ~30% power loss. One guy says it has to do with recirculating exhaust gases for spooling turbos for low end torque? Don't know if that has any truth to it but that is besides the point. I want to do this but don't need to lose anymore power haha.

NYCSoiL 09-14-2018 07:14 AM

No power loss or soft codes for me. Locked the car, waited 30 minutes, wrapped the key with foil (the key lost connection with the car). The same results with draggy.

Dieseldan9 09-14-2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jonathan358 (Post 7553740)
Very interesting but if you read the comments, EVERYONE is saying they are getting ~30% power loss. One guy says it has to do with recirculating exhaust gases for spooling turbos for low end torque? Don't know if that has any truth to it but that is besides the point. I want to do this but don't need to lose anymore power haha.

I have come to the conclusion after installing my VIVID box the car DOES NOT make the same power with the valves forced open with the ASR and the car in the stock setting.

I can feel a huge loss in comfort and sport not so much in sport plus.

I am changing the setting on my ASR back to stock because of this.

ShakyTom 09-14-2018 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 (Post 7553857)
I have come to the conclusion after installing my VIVID box the car DOES NOT make the same power with the valves forced open with the ASR and the car in the stock setting.

I can feel a huge loss in comfort and sport not so much in sport plus.

I am changing the setting on my ASR back to stock because of this.

That doesn't sound good :eek:

How noticeable is it? I use the asr to keep the valves open all the time except when on long highway drives and it isn't something I have looked out for.

Dieseldan9 09-14-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ShakyTom (Post 7553931)
That doesn't sound good :eek:

How noticeable is it? I use the asr to keep the valves open all the time except when on long highway drives and it isn't something I have looked out for.

For me it was noticeable stock but once I put the VIVID in and gained about 80 or so ft or torque the difference is massive.

Especially in low RPMs when leaving from a stop.

ShakyTom 09-14-2018 11:25 AM

Do you have a dragy or similar to time some pulls from a stop open vs stock?

Dieseldan9 09-14-2018 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ShakyTom (Post 7553981)
Do you have a dragy or similar to time some pulls from a stop open vs stock?

No only trusty butt dyno :-)

PAULCHICLEE 05-31-2020 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by NYCSoiL (Post 7553342)
Want to share this great mode with you guys: Original topic
He has a C63 but of course it works for the C43 with PE. I'm very happy with the results, well worth $50. It sounds louder, more aggressive. Will try to upload videos sometime..

hey so any updates on the mod?