Sponsored by:

Why the hate of the C43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 12:05 AM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by waisoserious
Cause they are petty. The C63 only costs like 70k USD in the US, but my GLC43 cost me about 125k USD here. Just how people are. A C63 costs about 180k USD here as well.
I guess it would be like us going onto the other boards and telling them how much better our C43 is compared to C300 etc.

I think its petty and a person would have to be insecure to do that.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
I didnt expect to cause an argument here, FYI I think my car is perfect lol.

Oh and I dont care what anyone says its an AMG. Mind you I didnt get it for that reason, I got it because it ticked all the right boxes for me. I call it an AMG sports car and dont really care what anyone says. With that said if it was just called a C43 or C450 I still would have bought it.

The reason I started the thread was because the shape/interior of the coupe and sedan in particular has been criticized by some and loved by others.

Mercedes Hyper car is an AMG car but not a one man one engine car too.

Highly recommend anyone that loves their C43 to watch the below youtube clip. It all but confirmed why I chose this car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu34x5T1c6E
Man that video just makes me super sad that I don't have the PE, I bought my car off the lot and it was perfect in every spec except PE, and I didn't know how much difference it made at the time...
The following 2 users liked this post by kevin-L:
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-22-2018), Mbmhyu (07-11-2019)
Old 10-22-2018, 01:27 AM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by kevin-L
Man that video just makes me super sad that I don't have the PE, I bought my car off the lot and it was perfect in every spec except PE, and I didn't know how much difference it made at the time...
Im sorry to hear that mate wasnt my intention. Is there an option to have an aftermarket one? I have heard armytrix and they sound better. Ironically if I didnt have the PE I would have got this one.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:41 AM

2018 C43 AMG
Im sorry to hear that mate wasnt my intention. Is there an option to have an aftermarket one? I have heard armytrix and they sound better. Ironically if I didnt have the PE I would have got this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bADXfv9En80
Yeah I've been considering an aftermarket one but I'm not totally sure that it's worth it. None of the aftermarket ones seem to sound as good at the stock PE, but I haven't heard any of them in person. It's not a huge deal though, I'll just have to keep that in mind when it's time to upgrade.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:46 AM

AMG C43 3LV6
Yeah I've been considering an aftermarket one but I'm not totally sure that it's worth it. None of the aftermarket ones seem to sound as good at the stock PE, but I haven't heard any of them in person. It's not a huge deal though, I'll just have to keep that in mind when it's time to upgrade.
I would be interested in others opinions but the Armytrix is awesome. In the youtube clip a lot of comments have said it sounds like a Nissan GTR. Thats impressive for a V6 Merc.

If you are going to upgrade it soon, then dont bother, waste of money.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Maserati ghibli
I didnt expect to cause an argument here, FYI I think my car is perfect lol.

Oh and I dont care what anyone says its an AMG. Mind you I didnt get it for that reason, I got it because it ticked all the right boxes for me. I call it an AMG sports car and dont really care what anyone says. With that said if it was just called a C43 or C450 I still would have bought it.

The reason I started the thread was because the shape/interior of the coupe and sedan in particular has been criticized by some and loved by others.

Mercedes Hyper car is an AMG car but not a one man one engine car too.

Highly recommend anyone that loves their C43 to watch the below youtube clip. It all but confirmed why I chose this car.
He also tested the facelift version.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Using "1 man 1 engine" as what constitutes if it is an AMG or not is laughable. If AMG saw fit to put an AMG badge on it, then it is an AMG.

I wonder if the same people would think that Nike's weren't Nike's if they weren't sewn together by hand by kids in China. 1 kid 1 Nike
The following 5 users liked this post by 503C43 ////AMG:
843_C43AMG (10-23-2018), AMG C43 3LV6 (10-22-2018), munis (10-25-2018), RichardCranium3 (10-22-2018), Schnippy (10-23-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 03:16 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 C43, White with Red interior
I have a 18 C43, With the Performance exhaust option. When i bought it off the lot, all The C43s in stock at the time had it. I somehow thought all the C43's had it. Needless to say, I love the car, interior, exterior, the sound , everything about it !!!
The following users liked this post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 10:55 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by PortC43
I have a 18 C43, With the Performance exhaust option. When i bought it off the lot, all The C43s in stock at the time had it. I somehow thought all the C43's had it. Needless to say, I love the car, interior, exterior, the sound , everything about it !!!
For me the only other car I would have considered in that bracket is the Cayman, problem is I want all the options and its sad when you cant afford them all. lol.

At least with the C43 it comes with everything as standard in Australia when buying off the lot.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:13 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Bro you already bought the car. No point in trying to justify or rationalize your purchase now. lol
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 03:19 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon

This is where all the anger stems from. Cletus. They have 1 man 1 engine, we have Cletus, one man and his pig. I know whom I'd like as my mascot.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:29 AM

AMG C43 3LV6
Bro you already bought the car. No point in trying to justify or rationalize your purchase now. lol
lol.

Im not justifying the purchase. I saw all these comments before I purchased the car. Im just curious about the hate. The AMG aspect to be honest is irrelevant to me, I dont care about that part. That wasnt the reason I raised the issue.

Just curious about the comments. Mind you I read comments about the Cayman being disliked and what I found from deeper looking into it, was that a lot of it was a result of people never even sitting in one. I guess the same may apply to the C43.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
The world is full of arm chair QBs who have something to say about every car in existence. The C43 surely isn't alone in "hatred" of it. Half are just trolls trying to get a rise.
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally Posted by DVision44
If their are no actual mechanical benefits to "1 man 1 engine" than it is simply marketing regardless of if it's a fact or not... just like the statement "made in the USA"

By the way... the c43 is what's being discussed and the fact that it's criticized and called a fake because the engine is factory built despite all the AMG parts, tuning, etc... maybe you should read and comprehend what that other member posted as he was not "complaining" about AMG... He was making comparison's just as I was doing with the Project One which also has a factory built engine...
I guess some members just love to argue. I did not say anything about the C43 because I don't have any problem with it whatsoever. That should be evident because again, I made no reply about it. There is no forum rule that states that all replies have to be strictly about the topic or original post.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Personally I dont care if anybdy considers it a real amg or whatever. I am just pointing out the ridiculousness of the grips of certain clown members (such as yourself) that demonstrate such a level of insecurity that you guys need to come to OUR forum to say you dont like us. Good job.
"OUR forum" - LOL that's really ridiculous and sounds snobbish. Show me where I stated anything about a "real amg" being better or demonstrated why I don't like anyone for having a C43? No where will you find that. I never bashed the car. If there is a forum rule stating members can't comment in a section other than their own cars please let everyone know. I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else but I read the C43 section because I like the car! I doubt anyone would be reading the C43 forum if they disliked it.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 10-23-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:33 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
I have an AWE Touring exhaust with BMC air filter and it sounds awesome, in my opinion better than the AMG exhaust which I opted out of because I wanted the aftermarket exhaust. Main reason being that it gives a performance advantage over the PE exhaust, MB states in no literature that the PE exhaust gives any addes horsepower. Also who cares about a button that you push that makes the car louder, thats just silly, my exhaust is sounding performance all the time and is loud as hell when I am into the throttle heavy, literally scares the **** out of people in other cars and on the side of the road, but quieter at lower rpm and idle. I believe it is built better than the MB exhaust as well, its not cheap at $1500 but looks like a piece of jewelery- all polished stainless and its much lighter than stock. It was a very noticable performance improvement over stock- and you never have to be concerned with actuator valves failing

I am a huge advocate for the aftermarket exhaust systems, that is why I did not check the PE exhaust option box, I never got the concept of pushing a button and having the car louder, it should always be loud- that is what AMG is all about! Designed to offend and scare the **** out of people.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by CFG
Well, how is this: I love my C450, pig and all. Yes, it was assembled in Vance.
What about the sven and the boys in Svalbard??
Old 10-23-2018, 02:50 PM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
Originally Posted by Lazz83
I am a huge advocate for the aftermarket exhaust systems, that is why I did not check the PE exhaust option box, I never got the concept of pushing a button and having the car louder, it should always be loud- that is what AMG is all about! Designed to offend and scare the **** out of people.
that' like changing BOSE speakers with aftermarket speakers. aftermarket speakers might be louder but sound quality is not the same.
i'm able to afford get aftermarket exhaust for my C450 AMG. but i never going to do it, why would you change the AMG sound to something else.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by netboy
that' like changing BOSE speakers with aftermarket speakers. aftermarket speakers might be louder but sound quality is not the same.
i'm able to afford get aftermarket exhaust for my C450 AMG. but i never going to do it, why would you change the AMG sound to something else.
Dude are you serious? I mean are you really comparing a stock set of Bose speakers with an aftermarket set from Focal, MB Quart or JBL? That is just crazy, no stock system no matter how much you pay, will even come close to the sound quality of a properly designed aftermarket Audio system.

That is exactly the reason I installed my Performance aftermarket Exhaust, to make it sound better and to me it sounds 10x better than the stock, non PE exhaust I had. I would not consider the non PE exhaust to be the "AMG sound" either. For $1500 AWE better have a pretty good sounding exhaust or nobody would buy it. Most of the sound is coming from the turbo's and the engine anyway, the free flowing exhaust just lets that sound come through more.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
yeah. but i wanted BOSE sounds. just like i wanted AMG sounds, not some aftermarket sounds !
well, i'm not buying that aftermarket exhaust no matter how much it costs. haha
Old 10-23-2018, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 580 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
I guess it would be like us going onto the other boards and telling them how much better our C43 is compared to C300 etc.

I think its petty and a person would have to be insecure to do that.
Aren't you guys the insecure ones constantly beating this topic to death?

Is mY C43 A rEaL AmG??

Who cares? If you like what you drive, don't give two ****s about what anyone else thinks about it. You're all acting like a bunch of insecure high school kids. Nobody cares what the badge on your trunk says, unless that's the only way you find value in your existence.

Last edited by raudiace4; 10-23-2018 at 03:48 PM.
RichardCranium3 (10-24-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by netboy
yeah. but i wanted BOSE sounds. just like i wanted AMG sounds, not some aftermarket sounds !
well, i'm not buying that aftermarket exhaust no matter how much it costs. haha
I'm sorry to go off topic but I just had to respond to this. As an audiophile your comment just made me cringe. BOSE??? Really? Please tell me you're joking. I'd highly encourage you to go visit any high end audio store and listen to the sound difference you get from real speakers, things like Paradigm, Polk Audio, Bowers & Wilkens, Dynaudio, etc. Not to mention the far better processors that companies like Yamaha, Harmin Kardon, Anthem, and so forth produce. (And these are the budget options!)

Do yourself a favor, go listen to some real audio gear and leave the Bose behind. They only offer over priced, style over substance speakers that only sell well because they dump half of their budget on marketing. (Always remember B.O.S.E. = Buy Other Sound Equipment)

**There is one exception, noice canceling headphones. Those you might as well get the Bose ones because they have the best noise canceling functionality, but then again if you are looking for noise canceling its always going to affect the audio quality (since you are asking the speakers to perform two jobs at once) anyways. Which basically brings down all others to about the same level.

Last edited by ZeroGuardian; 10-23-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Lazz83 (10-24-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 05:03 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Lazz83
I have an AWE Touring exhaust with BMC air filter and it sounds awesome, in my opinion better than the AMG exhaust which I opted out of because I wanted the aftermarket exhaust. Main reason being that it gives a performance advantage over the PE exhaust, MB states in no literature that the PE exhaust gives any addes horsepower. Also who cares about a button that you push that makes the car louder, thats just silly, my exhaust is sounding performance all the time and is loud as hell when I am into the throttle heavy, literally scares the **** out of people in other cars and on the side of the road, but quieter at lower rpm and idle. I believe it is built better than the MB exhaust as well, its not cheap at $1500 but looks like a piece of jewelery- all polished stainless and its much lighter than stock. It was a very noticable performance improvement over stock- and you never have to be concerned with actuator valves failing

Do you experience any unwanted noises in the cabin since installing the aftermarket exhaust since it's louder? Rattles or vibrations or anything like that? The exhaust is something I'm seriously considering, it just comes down to deciding how long I'll be keeping the car and finding the right setup.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:29 PM

Do you experience any unwanted noises in the cabin since installing the aftermarket exhaust since it's louder? Rattles or vibrations or anything like that? The exhaust is something I'm seriously considering, it just comes down to deciding how long I'll be keeping the car and finding the right setup.
No nothing, no additional rattles or anything like that. The shop that installed it for me is top notch and did an excellent job. I opted early on when I ordered my car to get the regular exhaust and replace it with an Aftermarket exhaust system. My main reason was that it made some more power, where as the upgraded PE exhaust doesn't according to MB. I like old school stuff also and wanted the car to sound performance all the time, so exhaust valves were of no use to me.

My exhaust is relatively quite until you dig into the gas pedal a bit then waaaboom!!! It screams like a raped ape, sound amazing awesome, pure power. Never any drones or unpleasant sounds

My installer dropped my original exhaust off at my home and it is stored in my basement, in case I sell the car or trade it.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:29 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by raudiace4
Aren't you guys the insecure ones constantly beating this topic to death?

Is mY C43 A rEaL AmG??

Who cares? If you like what you drive, don't give two ****s about what anyone else thinks about it. You're all acting like a bunch of insecure high school kids. Nobody cares what the badge on your trunk says, unless that's the only way you find value in your existence.
Best statement that I have read!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Why the hate of the C43?