Sponsored by:

JB4 Install Location advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
16 c63s and 17 C43 AMG, 13 E63 P30
JB4 Install Location advice

In the Burger install instructions for the JB4, it said to place the control unit under the driver side panel on top of the strut support. Is that how others installed their JB4? Did you secure it to anything or just left it hanging? Did you wrap the unit in anything such as foam or rubber before mounting it?

TIA

Last edited by Peterk81; 11-21-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Sorry champ, it appears not a single C43 owner has the JB4 and was welling to help you.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:14 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
lol there is also an active community on the C43 thread on n54tech if you need. We suggest the suggested location, of course.
The following users liked this post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 08:03 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by BMS
lol there is also an active community on the C43 thread on n54tech if you need. We suggest the suggested location, of course.
Just being sarcastic. Thanks. Just get a bit annoyed when I see so many posts unanswered. While some answers are obvious and can be obtained via the search tool, it isnt as simple as that sometimes. I just feel for new owners who come on here wanting help and getting none. With the very very very limited knowledge I have, I try and help as much as I can.

Helping a fellow MB owner is being like a part of the community.

Get irritated by a few heroes that their main contribution is bragging how great their car is because they have done this and that to it.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
Just being sarcastic. Thanks. Just get a bit annoyed when I see so many posts unanswered. While some answers are obvious and can be obtained via the search tool, it isnt as simple as that sometimes. I just feel for new owners who come on here wanting help and getting none. With the very very very limited knowledge I have, I try and help as much as I can.

Helping a fellow MB owner is being like a part of the community.

Get irritated by a few heroes that their main contribution is bragging how great their car is because they have done this and that to it.
And what did you contribute with your empty apology and thread revival? It was a silly post to begin with. Had he read the install guide for the product he bought, he would have all the information he needed. There are also several threads he could've seen...which I'm guessing he probably did considering he didn't bump after however many months.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:24 PM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3

And what did you contribute with your empty apology and thread revival? It was a silly post to begin with. Had he read the install guide for the product he bought, he would have all the information he needed. There are also several threads he could've seen...which I'm guessing he probably did considering he didn't bump after however many months.
It is just what he does... Bump old threads that are not active

Any number of people could have helped this dude but we missed it.

We are trying to help, we just try and focus on current threads
Old 02-06-2019, 08:29 PM

AMG C43 3LV6

I couldnt contribute as I dont have a JB4. A lot of posters that have started threads that have got no responses have given up. I have a PM a few to offer advice of where to look elsewhere.

Its posters like you that tell the OP to read the install guide that probably ****s people who need some help, off. Maybe they have and a few words of advice goes a long way.

As I said I know very very little, but I try and help as much as I can. I wish I knew more as I would love to help new C43 owners. I have also tried to help a few C class Coupe owners in their forum as well.

Im guessing you have a JB4 or know about it but instead of offering a few words to solve the problem you would rather invest your energy in fighting. Why post to attack me, I wasnt attacking a person in particular but you made it personal. Carry on.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:31 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
It is just what he does... Bump old threads that are not active

Any number of people could have helped this dude but we missed it.

We are trying to help, we just try and focus on current threads
I come in here frequently to learn as much as I can. I have seen many times where the first 5-10 threads have no responses, but over 100 views. That suggests to me that no one wants to help.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:55 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
We try to read up and help customers here whenever possible, but we'll miss things. Feel free to bump them until we see them if looking for our feedback. Or better yet email us it's always faster.
AMG C43 3LV6 (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 04:00 AM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
I come in here frequently to learn as much as I can. I have seen many times where the first 5-10 threads have no responses, but over 100 views. That suggests to me that no one wants to help.
No it does not, it means only a few people actually know the answer to the question.

I didn't know where to mount my tune either and a few of the experienced guys helped me.

​​​​
Old 02-07-2019, 05:26 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
This escalated rather quickly......
Old 02-07-2019, 08:42 AM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
No it does not, it means only a few people actually know the answer to the question.

I didn't know where to mount my tune either and a few of the experienced guys helped me.

​​​​
I beg to differ. In fact I have seen posters go out of their way to help and assist in the C63 and the C Class W205 forum then in this one. I dont understand why.

I had more help and advice buying a ASR flap module in the C63 forum then in here, admittedly I have been grateful and appreciative to some posters in here that have PM with helpful advice.

I genuinely wish I knew more so I could help others, with that said there are many in here that are helpful. I just think we all should try and help more.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 CLS450
I couldnt contribute as I dont have a JB4. A lot of posters that have started threads that have got no responses have given up. I have a PM a few to offer advice of where to look elsewhere.

Its posters like you that tell the OP to read the install guide that probably ****s people who need some help, off. Maybe they have and a few words of advice goes a long way.

As I said I know very very little, but I try and help as much as I can. I wish I knew more as I would love to help new C43 owners. I have also tried to help a few C class Coupe owners in their forum as well.

Im guessing you have a JB4 or know about it but instead of offering a few words to solve the problem you would rather invest your energy in fighting. Why post to attack me, I wasnt attacking a person in particular but you made it personal. Carry on.
I didn't have anything to add because guess what...I followed the pictures and instructions included in the guide! It it's not mysteriously more complicated than it is...
Old 02-07-2019, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by BMS
We try to read up and help customers here whenever possible, but we'll miss things. Feel free to bump them until we see them if looking for our feedback. Or better yet email us it's always faster.
duplicate post

Last edited by RichardCranium3; 02-07-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by BMS
This. I know I'm an a-hole, so I don't want to drag down BMS's rep...they're awesome. Super responsive and have a wealth of info on the N54 forums too.

I'm not saying this or any forum isn't a valuable source of information. There's ton's of knowledge here, both in the people and the posts. What I take issue with is people asking to be spoon fed. If someone posts a question and 100 people view it, odds are people don't have an answer to give, or the info is already readily available - not people just with begrudgingly holding back info. There are a handful of JB4 threads and plenty of individual posts here that have covered this. The N54 forums have a ton info. Their install guide has pictures and descriptions of exactly what to do.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:24 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
I didn't have anything to add because guess what...I followed the pictures and instructions included in the guide! It it's not mysteriously more complicated than it is...
Totally disagree here. Some people need that extra help and guidance. So what even if they do, they should be always be able to ask and hopefully someone is kind enough to help.

Im guess Im grateful I could afford to buy this car and one of the ways I try and "payback" is to help fellow MB owners with any issues. I definitely know very very little, but with what I know I try and share.
Patton250 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 07:26 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by BMS
Sorry if it was implied. I wasnt having a shot at you it was just a general post from my observations. There are some posters in here that help and love to help which is what builds this forum up and I cant applaud them enough.

Some on the other hand just want to brag about their 0-60 times for the likes.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:28 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
This. I know I'm an a-hole, so I don't want to drag down BMS's rep...they're awesome. Super responsive and have a wealth of info on the N54 forums too.

I'm not saying this or any forum isn't a valuable source of information. There's ton's of knowledge here, both in the people and the posts. What I take issue with is people asking to be spoon fed. If someone posts a question and 100 people view it, odds are people don't have an answer to give, or the info is already readily available - not people just with begrudgingly holding back info. There are a handful of JB4 threads and plenty of individual posts here that have covered this. The N54 forums have a ton info. Their install guide has pictures and descriptions of exactly what to do.
Who cares if someone is spoon fed? Who made you the authoritarian to decide that?

Some people genuinely dont know and the search function and some of the titles used in here is ambiguous at best, so I have no problem with posters asking questions, esp if its in the thread title to make it easier for future MB owners.
Patton250 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Who cares if someone is spoon fed? Who made you the authoritarian to decide that?

Some people genuinely dont know and the search function and some of the titles used in here is ambiguous at best, so I have no problem with posters asking questions, esp if its in the thread title to make it easier for future MB owners.
Are we being paid to help people that need complete hand holding? It’s a forum, use the search function. Reach out to the vendor you bought it from. Enough with the “I wish I knew more, because I’d help”. Go and learn and then help since you have all the time in the world. Nobody here was born with a wealth of car knowledge, we spent time researching.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:01 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by threefirs

Are we being paid to help people that need complete hand holding? It’s a forum, use the search function. Reach out to the vendor you bought it from. Enough with the “I wish I knew more, because I’d help”. Go and learn and then help since you have all the time in the world. Nobody here was born with a wealth of car knowledge, we spent time researching.
Why not help? What kind of person are you FFS? Im so grateful to have this car that yes I will go out of my way to help as much as I can with the very very little knowledge that I have.

The Search function is sometimes not helpful and the questions sometimes not asked can not easily be found. I mean what kind of miserable human being cannot write a simple sentence as a solution which is what the vast majority of questions need.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450
You know I kind of thought when I signed up for this forum that people wouldn’t be much help and some of them would probably be complete smart asses. Thanks for validating my initial instinct.
AMG C43 3LV6 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Why not help? What kind of person are you FFS? Im so grateful to have this car that yes I will go out of my way to help as much as I can with the very very little knowledge that I have.

The Search function is sometimes not helpful and the questions sometimes not asked can not easily be found. I mean what kind of miserable human being cannot write a simple sentence as a solution which is what the vast majority of questions need.
If all you say is true, why don’t you spend some time learning and help people yourself instead of complaining and volunteering other people’s time?

Old 02-09-2019, 08:12 PM

AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by threefirs

If all you say is true, why don’t you spend some time learning and help people yourself instead of complaining and volunteering other people’s time?

Oh and I do, I have gone through a lot of these threads and not just this one, but the C63, W205 and C Class coupe. I wish I knew more to be able answer most of the questions.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:47 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Sorry if it was implied. I wasnt having a shot at you it was just a general post from my observations. There are some posters in here that help and love to help which is what builds this forum up and I cant applaud them enough.

Some on the other hand just want to brag about their 0-60 times for the likes.
It's OK no offense taken.
AMG C43 3LV6 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 03:35 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
This seriously got out of hand real quick. This thread was derailed and turned into a big pissing match. I can understand the OP asking for advice on some locations to mount the JB. Not all instructions from the sellers are concise or provide alternative solutions. I can imagine concern of anything mounted under the hood and left to hold itself with either tape or velcro. I had a piggyback on my Abarth that was literally velcroed to the battery. Not everyone on the forums is a seasoned enthusiast. Many of these guys might be fortunate enough to have a C43 as a first or second car. Most learned with trial by error on how to communicate. ****, I stumbled all around the Sport Trac forums in 2003 when I first discovered car forums. Before that, it was pretty difficult to get help. The last thing we should do is run people off for their lack of knowledge. Every should just take a step back and relax a little. Let's not act like the dudes on Bimmerforum or Audizine...
AMG C43 3LV6 (02-10-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JB4 Install Location advice