Sponsored by:

Collision prevention assist inoperable and front left malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 10:49 PM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Mercedes and BMW
Collision prevention assist inoperable and front left malfunction

I need some help. I installed my downpipes on my c450 and had to remove the shaft from the steering coupling. I made sure the splines of the shaft matched up on the coupling block by marking it so it will go back with steering wheel centered. I did this so it would be easier to gain access to remove the v band from the top near turbo outlet. After we installed everything back the steering wheel didn’t want to turn lock to lock and was locking up when turning right until I forced the wheel and continued to finish my turning.....it feels like it was hanging up then after that hang up all is normal until you turn off the engine. After restarting it will do the same....can’t turn lock to lock until you force it then it will go lock to lock smooth. The car also has collision prevention assist inoperable and front left malfunction. We didn’t touch any sensors near the front left or wiring harnesses near sensors. We did remove under trays. What could possibly happen? I am thinking the steering shaft is the culprit causing the collision prevention assist and front left malfunction. Any insight would be helpful?

PS, yes there is a check engine light and will get a code reader to clear it. I assume it’s the dp’s with no cats. The collision prevention assist and front left malfunction didn’t trigger the cel after plugging the code reader. The cel came after I drove 10 mins away from the shop. Overall start up has a very nice bark and note thereafter.