Sponsored by:

AMR Tuned C400

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 07:15 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
C400
AMR Tuned C400

Hello everyone, I wanted to document my experience with AMR please read below.

By far the best decision I made in regards to tuning my car. I had originally gone with a different tuner for my C400 Mercedes Benz. Though things felt right something was missing (power!!) I did better research 2nd time around and decided to go with AMR. I contacted AMR, spoke to Matt asked him every question that came to mind, he was very patient. I decided to go the OBDII route to tune my car. Once I received the equipment from AMR I was back on the phone with them. This is when I met Rob, CEO of AMR. He connected to my car via the equipment and my laptop and immediately went to work. Once Rob connected remotely I just sat back and watched the process, :30 minutes later my car was TRANSFORMED. As soon as I started the car I could tell it was more powerful; It sounded stronger. Took the car out for a spin, it felt more connected to the ground! It was as if all four tires were clawing through the payment to move forward!! Day and night difference from my previous tune! The car just pulls pulls pulls! AMR was also able to add pops and burbles to the tune. Now when my car decelerates I can hear the pops, crackles and burbles on cold starts.

Here comes the best part, because I was previously tuned by another vender there was a second step that needed to be completed. Unfortunately for me it was Saturday, I was stuck at work and AMR was closed. I contacted them anyway and to my surprise they took my call Saturday morning. We set up an appointment for 7pm my time (west coast), AMR is located in the east coast. Rob was working on my car at 10pm his time! He said he wanted to make sure I was happy and enjoying my car over the weekend. At that moment I realized I made the correct choice! The customer service I received has been unmatched by any other tuner. I still call Matt up ask him about my tune and he does not hesitate to answer all my questions. If my call is not answered he calls me back! I feel part of the AMR family. I'm currently waiting on the RV3.1 tune to come out for the C400.

If your in the market to tune your car, AMR should be your first and last stop. Hands down best performance gains and unmatched customer service which to me is what is what is most important! Thank you Matt, Rob and the whole AMR staff!!

Alex

The following 4 users liked this post by CA400:
AMR Performance (12-18-2018), AMR_Matt (12-18-2018), b6tbfmp (12-17-2018), DIVINE AMG (12-18-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 07:26 PM

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Glad it all worked out!

Must be nice having all the pops and crackles!! !
Old 12-17-2018, 07:43 PM

C400
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
Glad it all worked out!

Must be nice having all the pops and crackles!! !
It makes the car a lot more fun to drive!!

Alex
Old 12-17-2018, 07:51 PM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Are you going to test the car at the track? Best way to tell how much power you are making.

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 12-17-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:32 PM

C400
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead
Are you going to test the car at the track? Best way to tell how much power you are making.
I don't think I will make it to the track.
I put my car on the dyno when it was stock to get a baseline, I then hit the dyno after my first tune, did see some gains (not what was advertised). I plan on taking the car to the same dyno in January and expect a big jump from my last tune. I will then be back again after installing the BMS intakes. I should be able to see the progress of all my mods based off my baseline numbers. I go to the same dyno and it is always operated by the same technician.

Alex
The following users liked this post:
b6tbfmp (12-17-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Congrats on your tune! Waiting on mine to come this week and couldnt be more excited. I too added the burble mod so it should be an interesting turnaround.

Do you have downpipes installed and are you catless? Only reason i ask is that burble mod could potentially damage your cats as they do not like all the extra gas in them.

After you got the new file from AMR how long did it take for the car to read it?

My tune will be done on a W218 CLS550 so a little different than your vehicle maybe.

Enjoy it!
DIVINE AMG (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 01:27 PM

C400
Originally Posted by Clkboi
Congrats on your tune! Waiting on mine to come this week and couldnt be more excited. I too added the burble mod so it should be an interesting turnaround.

Do you have downpipes installed and are you catless? Only reason i ask is that burble mod could potentially damage your cats as they do not like all the extra gas in them.

After you got the new file from AMR how long did it take for the car to read it?

My tune will be done on a W218 CLS550 so a little different than your vehicle maybe.

Enjoy it!
Thank you I'm very happy with my AMR tune. I do not have downpipes and I am not catless, if I need to replace Cats in the future I will, but for now I'm enjoying it.

Once I hooked up to the OBDII port in my car and the equipment to my laptop, Rob connected to my laptop remotely. After that was done, I just sat back and watched. The process took about 30 minutes total (if that).

The car should read the file right away because the AMR file will be what is running your engine now. I started the car and I noticed the transformation RIGHT AWAY, the car sounded more aggressive. I took it out for a spin and WOW! Torque Torque Torque, night and day difference from my previous tune. Car burbles and crackles when decelerating, I can hear it in S mode, its more apparent in S+ mode, especially while driving in traffic! Car is quite in Comfort mode. Do you have exhaust? Exhaust will have a lot do to with the sound of the burbles, mine weren't too apparent with my stock mufflers. I bought 2017 C43 AMG mufflers and that made a huge difference.

I'm sure you will be happy with you tune from AMR.

Alex

b6tbfmp (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 10:31 PM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by CA400

The car should read the file right away because the AMR file will be what is running your engine now. I started the car and I noticed the transformation RIGHT AWAY, the car sounded more aggressive. I took it out for a spin and WOW! Torque Torque Torque, night and day difference from my previous tune. Car burbles and crackles when decelerating, I can hear it in S mode, its more apparent in S+ mode, especially while driving in traffic! Car is quite in Comfort mode. Do you have exhaust? Exhaust will have a lot do to with the sound of the burbles, mine weren't too apparent with my stock mufflers. I bought 2017 C43 AMG mufflers and that made a huge difference.

Alex
Can you upload a video? Want to hear the new exhaust setup.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:51 PM

C400
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead
Can you upload a video? Want to hear the new exhaust setup.
Im working on getting a GoPro to upload a video. Should have one soon!

Alex
Old 12-20-2018, 01:11 PM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
Did you purchase the C43 mufflers only or the whole exhaust setup?
Old 12-20-2018, 01:39 PM

C400
Originally Posted by SilverBullet18
Did you purchase the C43 mufflers only or the whole exhaust setup?
Yes, bought the mufflers only and went custom dual pipes to the rear with magnaflow x-pipe. I'll start a exhaust post soon to go into details on my set up, here is what it looks like though, mufflers are exact match as far as dimensions to my stock ones. Love the sound car sounds great!!

Alex

b6tbfmp (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 01:58 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Yea, i'd like to hear how that sounds
CA400 (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
How long did it take you to get your kit at home and what carrier did they use to ship
Old 12-20-2018, 03:18 PM

C400
Originally Posted by Clkboi
How long did it take you to get your kit at home and what carrier did they use to ship
USPS, once sent 2 days. I was caught between the weekend.

Alex
Clkboi (12-21-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 06:08 PM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Mercedes and BMW
Alex, great work! We both did the same thing and I have the catless dp's that I installed right after Thanksgiving. The exhaust is very raspy and will need to squelch it down with shorty resonators next week. The cold starts are just intense....deafening loud Anyways, good job and keep us posted with your clips!
Old 12-20-2018, 07:34 PM

C400
Originally Posted by b6tbfmp
Alex, great work! We both did the same thing and I have the catless dp's that I installed right after Thanksgiving. The exhaust is very raspy and will need to squelch it down with shorty resonators next week. The cold starts are just intense....deafening loud Anyways, good job and keep us posted with your clips!
As for as I know, Chris and I are the only one's that have done the custom dual pipe set up on a W205. Questions on how the set up sounds with DP's Chris would have a better opinion on, since I stayed with my stock downpipes. I've spend a quarter of the cost of a full set up and I was able to generate the AMG sound that I was looking for in my previous thread.

Chris, thanks for your guidance through this process. Clips will be coming soon!

Alex
Old 12-21-2018, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by CA400
Hello everyone, I wanted to document my experience with AMR please read below.

By far the best decision I made in regards to tuning my car. I had originally gone with a different tuner for my C400 Mercedes Benz. Though things felt right something was missing (power!!) I did better research 2nd time around and decided to go with AMR. I contacted AMR, spoke to Matt asked him every question that came to mind, he was very patient. I decided to go the OBDII route to tune my car. Once I received the equipment from AMR I was back on the phone with them. This is when I met Rob, CEO of AMR. He connected to my car via the equipment and my laptop and immediately went to work. Once Rob connected remotely I just sat back and watched the process, :30 minutes later my car was TRANSFORMED. As soon as I started the car I could tell it was more powerful; It sounded stronger. Took the car out for a spin, it felt more connected to the ground! It was as if all four tires were clawing through the payment to move forward!! Day and night difference from my previous tune! The car just pulls pulls pulls! AMR was also able to add pops and burbles to the tune. Now when my car decelerates I can hear the pops, crackles and burbles on cold starts.

Here comes the best part, because I was previously tuned by another vender there was a second step that needed to be completed. Unfortunately for me it was Saturday, I was stuck at work and AMR was closed. I contacted them anyway and to my surprise they took my call Saturday morning. We set up an appointment for 7pm my time (west coast), AMR is located in the east coast. Rob was working on my car at 10pm his time! He said he wanted to make sure I was happy and enjoying my car over the weekend. At that moment I realized I made the correct choice! The customer service I received has been unmatched by any other tuner. I still call Matt up ask him about my tune and he does not hesitate to answer all my questions. If my call is not answered he calls me back! I feel part of the AMR family. I'm currently waiting on the RV3.1 tune to come out for the C400.

If your in the market to tune your car, AMR should be your first and last stop. Hands down best performance gains and unmatched customer service which to me is what is what is most important! Thank you Matt, Rob and the whole AMR staff!!

Alex

Good review.
People tend to fixate on numbers but service is the critical piece to consider.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. J:
CA400 (12-21-2018), DIVINE AMG (12-21-2018)