C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 AMG C43 front bumber piece closet to the ground!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLE -43 coupe ,2019 C43 Coupe
Angry 2019 AMG C43 front bumber piece closet to the ground!!

Ok guess what I did! I hit the parking lot cement BLOCK!!! and damage the FRONT BUMBER LIP!!! the piece of "PLASTIC" closet to the ground since I don't have the audible alarm with the 360 camera and Mercedes dealer is telling me the part is back ordered via GERMANY! any help here please and he says that part and the bumper 1600.00 to fix!
Old 01-03-2019, 02:13 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Humm, I've been super careful since picking mine up last week. Had a GLA45 AMG with the same issue so I feel your pain. I'm not positive but I don't think you need to replace the entire bumper, that lower piece should be able to be replaced by itself. They come in different colors depending on how your car is equipped. Some are body paint color, some chrome and as mine has the Black Night package it's black even though the car is Designo Cardinal Red. If painted of course there's the cost of painting it. Might need to take the bumper fascia off to replace the lower part but unless there's damage to the fascia I don't know why. I'd go back and visit with the dealer body shop guy and have him explain why he thinks it all needs to be replaced.
I'm currently checking on a parking sensors and/or a camera for mine. Found a couple that are very tiny and mount under that lip so you can hear and see as you approach the curb or parking blocker. Probably going with the sensors only since while the camera is neat and no problem to install there is no place I can find to mount the monitor that I like. Sure don't want to mess up the interior. The parking sensor set has either a beep that speeds up as you approach an obstacle and you can also have a small LED bar graph thing that you can install. I'm thinking it will mount discretely under the left side of the dash if I use it, the kit comes with the audible and visual pieces. Once I get it done I'll post something.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:21 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Damn! This sucks! I hope those that haven't ordered yet read this thread... The 360 camera is a really nice option to prevent this and other things like curb rash when parking and going through those tight bank drive thru lines...
Old 01-03-2019, 03:13 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
I wanted it but couldn't find a vehicle with everything else I wanted and the 360 camera without waiting 4 months and paying way more for the car. Small concession since $200 sensor install solves the problem for me.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:54 PM

I wonder can the 360 camera get added after the fact?
Old 01-03-2019, 05:56 PM

Hey Tigoman where you get the sensor from?
Old 01-04-2019, 01:32 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
First answer is that the 360 view system can't be added, cameras under the side mirrors and in front and then built into the car wiring loom plus all the electronics plus you need the Advanced driver assist package and Multimedia to have the parkotronic/360 view.

As for sensors, I'm looking at a package from Echomaster, (PS-FBP/PS-FDIS) they supply the OEM sensors, not the cheapest but good quality. They come either with a beeper or small bar type LED display, probably doing the beeper so I don't have to mount the display. Meeting with the installer tomorrow to check out things before he orders. Looks like the sensors will install in the black inserts in the front bumper fascia, 2 in the middle mesh part and 1 each in the black side scoop area. That way the fascia doesn't have to be removed or the sensors painted. I may go with just a hidden behind the dash beeper, goes faster the closer you get to an obstacle l. It also activates automatically below 6 mph. They also have a tiny camera (CAM-MV6-N) with 180 degree view that will mount discretely under lip of bumper fascia but I'm sorta stuck on where to mount a small monitor in the car so not sure I'll do that. There are people with modules that integrate a camera view into the existing display but not available for 2019 yet, so might put the camera in while they're doing the sensors and connect later. Once I get it done I'll take some pics.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13, C43 '19. Current: C43 '24
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
First answer is that the 360 view system can't be added, cameras under the side mirrors and in front and then built into the car wiring loom plus all the electronics plus you need the Advanced driver assist package and Multimedia to have the parkotronic/360 view.

As for sensors, I'm looking at a package from Echomaster, (PS-FBP/PS-FDIS) they supply the OEM sensors, not the cheapest but good quality. They come either with a beeper or small bar type LED display, probably doing the beeper so I don't have to mount the display. Meeting with the installer tomorrow to check out things before he orders. Looks like the sensors will install in the black inserts in the front bumper fascia, 2 in the middle mesh part and 1 each in the black side scoop area. That way the fascia doesn't have to be removed or the sensors painted. I may go with just a hidden behind the dash beeper, goes faster the closer you get to an obstacle l. It also activates automatically below 6 mph. They also have a tiny camera (CAM-MV6-N) with 180 degree view that will mount discretely under lip of bumper fascia but I'm sorta stuck on where to mount a small monitor in the car so not sure I'll do that. There are people with modules that integrate a camera view into the existing display but not available for 2019 yet, so might put the camera in while they're doing the sensors and connect later. Once I get it done I'll take some pics.
Just to clarify- you do not need Advanced driver assist package and multimedia package to have the parking assist- at least in the USA. You can get parking assistant a la cart. Advanced Driver Assist does require multimedia though.