C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19 C43 AMG configuration help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13, C43 '19. Current: C43 '24
Originally Posted by hmmwv79
1. MB Entry Navigation $625
2. Pre-installation for SD-card navigation $200.
3. COMAND navigation $2300 comes with other things.

So number 1 and 2 should be combined?
If you are ordering from the USA, we don't have the Entry Nav. Only Pre-wire and Command. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay come standard.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:45 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
I've had the Command Nav on previous MBs and I now have the Pre-wire with new MB SD card Nav, I can't find anything that the MB SD card nav won't do. So yes in my opinion save the money. Just check with the salesperson, the $200 pre-wire is on the window sticker but the dealer needs to supply the MB SD card, so it won't be included in the deal unless you do it. I got mine thrown into the deal but however you get it you need to plan on it. At delivery they'll plug it in and wizzzzz it connects and installs. The Live Traffic is really helpful to show color coded traffic conditions and the best thing is there's no monthly charges and you don't need Sirius traffic which costs.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Saab 900 SET
If you omit Multimedia Package you lose the following:
  • COMAND navigation
  • Touchpad controller
  • No-charge online navigation map updates for 3 years
  • Enhanced voice control
  • 3 years of Live Traffic service provided by TomTom
  • Car-to-X Communication
Not sure how important this superfluous stuff is, but it could affect resale because most people spec it!
Old 01-29-2019, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amg c43
Originally Posted by ACSchnitzersprt
If you are ordering from the USA, we don't have the Entry Nav. Only Pre-wire and Command. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay come standard.
I think there is Entry Navi based on configuration.
https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/bu...=entertainment

Is there any discount if I do a custom order at the dealer? C43 Sedan not eligible for European Delivery. That sucks!

Bay Area, California, USA.

Last edited by hmmwv79; 01-29-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:08 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Hummm,
Obviously you don't get the Command Nav but as I've said I can't find what the SD doesn't do that the Command does. The SD has Live Traffic and updates too. You're correct, no touchpad, I never used the one I had previously, kind of useless. I don't know what "Enhanced Voice Control" is because I push the little Voice toggle and I talk to the SD Nav and say "take me to wherever or Find a Starbucks", serves my purpose. As far as my car talking to X, who cares. But it is talking to somewhere because it knows where the traffic issues are. And I have a couple of thousand extra dollars in my pocket. To be honest, I was dubious and told dealer if it didn't do everything I was bringing the car back but it does so we're both happy.
They tried to talk me into using Android Auto but the idea of having to plug my phone in every time I got in the car and then probably forgetting to unplug it when I got out seems like trouble waiting to happen.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:15 PM

amg c43
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
Hummm,
Obviously you don't get the Command Nav but as I've said I can't find what the SD doesn't do that the Command does. The SD has Live Traffic and updates too. You're correct, no touchpad, I never used the one I had previously, kind of useless. I don't know what "Enhanced Voice Control" is because I push the little Voice toggle and I talk to the SD Nav and say "take me to wherever or Find a Starbucks", serves my purpose. As far as my car talking to X, who cares. But it is talking to somewhere because it knows where the traffic issues are. And I have a couple of thousand extra dollars in my pocket. To be honest, I was dubious and told dealer if it didn't do everything I was bringing the car back but it does so we're both happy.
They tried to talk me into using Android Auto but the idea of having to plug my phone in every time I got in the car and then probably forgetting to unplug it when I got out seems like trouble waiting to happen.
Absolutely agreed. This is for my wife. Wife wants to press the button to select pre-settted destination without plug in her phone. We just want to have minimum Navi and save money.

Just checked on the web, if I choose MB Entry Navi, the configuration forced to choose Pre-wired. But I can only choose pre-wired for SD card navigation without MB Entry Navi
Is there any discount for a custom order? Bay Area, CA, USA.

Last edited by hmmwv79; 01-29-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:34 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
To answer question about Live Traffic, here is a pic of the screen, the colors didn't show up because I took it in a garage at night and the flash washed them out. I'll try tomorrow in the daylight. It won't show on every road, just those with a certain amount of traffic on them, ie, small local side roads are not colored unless for some reason they turn yellow or red. But any road that has traffic on it will, like the PM question, Central Expressway is colored and the colors change with the traffic speeds. On the lower left corner you can see the LiveTraffic icon.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:59 PM

amg c43
The detail of the map is sufficient for my wife. I decide to choose SD card map.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
You can of course zoom in manually with command knob so that every street name shows up, also auto zooms so as you approach a designated turn it will automatically zoom in.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:09 PM

amg c43
You can of course zoom in manually with command knob so that every street name shows up, also auto zooms so as you approach a designated turn it will automatically zoom in.
My current bmw 435i doesn't support auto-zoom...... I don't understand why.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
[QUOTE=Tirgoman;7669697]To answer question about Live Traffic, here is a pic of the screen, the colors didn't show up because I took it in a garage at night and the flash washed them out. I'll try tomorrow in the daylight. It won't show on every road, just those with a certain amount of traffic on them, ie, small local side roads are not colored unless for some reason they turn yellow or red. But any road that has traffic on it will, like the PM question, Central Expressway is colored and the colors change with the traffic speeds. On the lower left corner you can see the LiveTraffic icon.
[/

QUOTE]

Thanks Tirgoman for clarifying. Picture of my screen below with the SD pre-wire and SD card from dealer, but for some reason I don't get the traffic colors. I guess I will take into dealer for them to investigate.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
To answer question about Live Traffic, here is a pic of the screen, the colors didn't show up because I took it in a garage at night and the flash washed them out. I'll try tomorrow in the daylight. It won't show on every road, just those with a certain amount of traffic on them, ie, small local side roads are not colored unless for some reason they turn yellow or red. But any road that has traffic on it will, like the PM question, Central Expressway is colored and the colors change with the traffic speeds. On the lower left corner you can see the LiveTraffic icon.
Thanks Tirgoman, picture of my screen below with the same set up as yours (pre-wire option with SD card provided by dealer), but for some reason no traffic color indication. I'll give the dealer a call and have them check it out.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:01 AM

amg c43
Does SD-card navigation has feature lane assistant like below?

There is article. https://mbzmaster.com/2019-mercedes-...pros-and-cons/

Last edited by hmmwv79; 02-01-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:27 AM

amg c43
I started another thread about Navi and head up display but I will put the question here as well.

Does SD card pre-wired MB Entry Navigation feeds the navigation data on Head Up Display?
I am sure COMAND system feeds all the information, navigation, song. etc.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:06 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Yes it shows lane splits and at intersection the number of Lanes and which can or go straight. Yes to feeding the HUD. Here's a pic the the traffic colors.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:49 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Pics of how it displays speedslimits, traffic signals, school zones and split screens at intersections.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:06 PM

amg c43
That is fantastic support pictures. I don't see HUD pictures with Navi but I believe you.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:11 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
On the first pic you can see the sorta bar graph the shows I was almost at the intersection, it starts out larger and as you approach indicates how close you're getting. I'll try to get a pic of the Nav on the HUD.
The following users liked this post:
hmmwv79 (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 07:58 PM

amg c43
On the first pic you can see the sorta bar graph the shows I was almost at the intersection, it starts out larger and as you approach indicates how close you're getting. I'll try to get a pic of the Nav on the HUD.
Hi Tirgoman
Thanks for your effort. Also, I am wondering about the SD card navi speed. As long as not really slow that will be fine.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:56 AM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Here's a pic of the HUD during the day with Nav info on it, the info varies depending on what situation the Nav is in at the time, sorry for the bad pic, during the day while I was driving. You can't see the colors well in the pic but on the HUD they show up good, like the Yellow line that shortens as you approach the turn or intersection.