Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cold Air Intake From MST Performance

Old 02-28-2019, 11:37 AM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by b6tbfmp
This was without a tune. Stock ecu.
How was this without a tune? Tq readings show 520. No stock 43 puts that torque down unless tuned.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:50 AM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by ShazV6
How was this without a tune? Tq readings show 520. No stock 43 puts that torque down unless tuned.
I might be wrong but I think that is newton meters which is about 400tq...in MERICA (insert red neck accent)

Which is still a little high considering it is at the wheels
The following users liked this post:
b6tbfmp (02-28-2019)
Old 02-28-2019, 12:44 PM

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
My car stock put down 350 ft lbs at the wheels, tuned was 470.

Which would mean that their car (stock), put down 15 ft lbs more than mine at stock.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:57 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77
Really? Variations of 28 hp between runs? Sounds like either a f'ed up dyno or f'ed up car. Even heat soak in a hood down and no fan run scenario shouldn't produced results that vary that much on any car.
Youve obviously never seen a c43 on a dyno. The ecu has some weird adjustments that will significantly increase power the more you beat on it. That’s why if you ever track this car your best time will come near the end of the night after you run it 30 times back to back.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:48 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by threefirs
These dyno’s are pretty much worthless. Anyone that’s dyno’d a C43 can tell you that over 5 runs, you will get variations like this on the SAME setup. It’s very easy to pick the worst and best dyno of the day on the same setup and see variations like this, so with an intake this is -not- a sign of performance gains.
Generally with intakes the restriction grows as air demand grows so you should see higher gains at higher RPM than lower RPM. A "midrange" gain points more to more of a red herring like run variance or tuning changes.

Looking at this design we can see why it's not producing the gains it should and likely is going to result in hotter temps than our intake. But we'll wait for them to release it before we bother with the details. No point in hitting a moving target.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Youve obviously never seen a c43 on a dyno. The ecu has some weird adjustments that will significantly increase power the more you beat on it. That’s why if you ever track this car your best time will come near the end of the night after you run it 30 times back to back.
I concur with this statement, from my experience the car seems to get faster the more you thrash on it. Definitely more power after you floor the 11th time after 5 -10 times through the gears. Seems strange but it is very true.

Those dyno variations are not uncommon in my experience, I had a car log 5 dyno runs in a 1 hour session and on the best run the torque rose 23lb ft over next highest run. This type of thing does happen blame it on the
ECU I guess.

Last edited by Lazz83; 02-28-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:21 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
That is a true statement. I was basing my experiences off of the other cars I have seen on different dynos. C43 may be a peculiar animal.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:26 AM

19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by BMS
Generally with intakes the restriction grows as air demand grows so you should see higher gains at higher RPM than lower RPM. A "midrange" gain points more to more of a red herring like run variance or tuning changes.

Looking at this design we can see why it's not producing the gains it should and likely is going to result in hotter temps than our intake. But we'll wait for them to release it before we bother with the details. No point in hitting a moving target.
I am confused by this statement. Their system appears to have a powdercoating to halp with temperatures and is directly connected to the intake ducts out front. Your system, as it stands, is an open element. Can you provide your dyno runs?
Also.. for both systems (BMS and MST)...Can the results be replicated? I have seen a total of one dyno run for one system and zero for another. It seems that there is a lot of interest in the community, but a lot of scepticism that is justified by the lack of real data.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 523 Posts
c
Originally Posted by BMS

Get out of here, you posting in a competitors thread is just sleazy.

Your intake might have higher peak numbers but will surely get heat soaked from the engine bay easier and faster.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:55 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
I am confused by this statement. Their system appears to have a powdercoating to halp with temperatures and is directly connected to the intake ducts out front. Your system, as it stands, is an open element. Can you provide your dyno runs?
Also.. for both systems (BMS and MST)...Can the results be replicated? I have seen a total of one dyno run for one system and zero for another. It seems that there is a lot of interest in the community, but a lot of scepticism that is justified by the lack of real data.
Yes, I'm working with Weistec and will be going on their AWD Dynojet soon. The rain here is not cooperating as their dyno needs to be run outside.

Originally Posted by alexasa
Get out of here, you posting in a competitors thread is just sleazy.

Your intake might have higher peak numbers but will surely get heat soaked from the engine bay easier and faster.
As I said a few posts up, I don't think I said anything wrong. This thread was made by a forum member, not a paid vendor like us...

"Looks pretty good except now you have a hot aluminum case surrounding the filter

There is a reason why most companies use rotomold, or lexan when using these types of enclosed intakes...
So it wont store the engine heat, that's like an oven for your filter lol."
Lazz83 (03-17-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by BMS
Yes, I'm working with Weistec and will be going on their AWD Dynojet soon. The rain here is not cooperating as their dyno needs to be run outside.

As I said a few posts up, I don't think I said anything wrong. This thread was made by a forum member, not a paid vendor like us...

"Looks pretty good except now you have a hot aluminum case surrounding the filter

There is a reason why most companies use rotomold, or lexan when using these types of enclosed intakes...
Evidence, contextual at that too, please. You have done nothing to prove the open air design for the consumer.

And try doing so in your own thread.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:42 AM

19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by BMS

Are you all going to be refining your design to include said rotomold or lexan?
Old 03-05-2019, 01:35 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Are you all going to be refining your design to include said rotomold or lexan?
No, not needed. We're not using an enclosed type of intake design...
Old 03-05-2019, 05:38 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by BMS
No, not needed. We're not using an enclosed type of intake design...
Are you guys revising your design? You have had many complaints that you should probably fix before trashing this MST thread.

Either way, I plan on purchasing one design for the summer and want to see data that backs the performance and reliability claims rather than hearing put-downs.

Show us why BMS is better!
MatthewJ (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 12:34 PM

UPDATE **** UPDATE **** UPDATE ****

This item can be pre-order now, we provide 10% discount on pre-order, this discount won't be available till the end of March. You could place the order by the Link. https://www.mst-performance.com/products/mb-4301
xX G Xx (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 02:35 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by jonathan358
Are you guys revising your design? You have had many complaints that you should probably fix before trashing this MST thread.

Either way, I plan on purchasing one design for the summer and want to see data that backs the performance and reliability claims rather than hearing put-downs.

Show us why BMS is better!
Thrashing and put downs? Speaking facts about thermodynamics and heat containment I'm not sure where I said anything wrong. I even said the intake looked good.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:49 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Tuned '18 C43 coupe & Stock '18 GLE43 coupe
Tried to research MST's box material but found no specifics.

Did came across this review for for a MK7 GTI.

Approx 9min mark he mentioned the box staying cold while the engine compartment is hot. Of course his box is in front unlike ours. But still interesting...
Old 03-07-2019, 01:29 AM

19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
I just would like to see some reviews and dyno results for both setups. Maybe, as they come on to market, folks will post some results and we can get some side by side comparison,
Old 03-14-2019, 07:27 AM

Well I am going to take a stab and grab this.

Will be interesting to see how it works with the JB4.

For me it was the more finished look and engine heat block off plates that pushed me to grab this one.

I will post some pics of install and impressions when I get it in April I hope.
Lazz83 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:51 AM

Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts
2018 C43
How much and where can you buy the air filter replacement elements?
Old 03-16-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by stockbmw
How much and where can you buy the air filter replacement elements?
390 and I am not sure where new filters can be purchased.

Maybe from MST?
Old 03-17-2019, 03:09 AM

19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
Well I am going to take a stab and grab this.

Will be interesting to see how it works with the JB4.

For me it was the more finished look and engine heat block off plates that pushed me to grab this one.

I will post some pics of install and impressions when I get it in April I hope.
Looking forward to this. Hope to hear some sound clips of the engine revving and driving.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:18 AM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Tuned '18 C43 coupe & Stock '18 GLE43 coupe
So all you guys that pre-ordered should be getting your kit soon. Since I am only an hour drive away from MST, I got mine installed today!

The kit is so clean and well made, it looks straight from the factory!

Quick review. Didn't see much change in IAT.. I'm thinking probably because the stock IAT sensor is at the TB after the intercooler. So, the IAT reading is basically the efficiency of the intercooler.

However, saw nice gains in boost pressure. Previous log with the stock airbox (with K&N inserts) saw huge boost decrease after hitting max boost 22psi. With MST, boost holds much better after hitting max 22psi.

The stock airbox log is done months ago @ 20C ambient temp. 1st to 5th gear WOT pull.

The MST log was from today @ 32C ambient temp. 2nd to 5th gear WOT pull.

If your not familiar with the JB4 log, the blue line is the turbo boost in psi.

As for sound, I really can't hear anything becuase I have a full catless exhaust system with weistec BOV. Both are just obnoxiously loud. LOL.

Car is stage 2 ECU tuned on 93oct gas.

Only regret is that I wasn't able to Dragy before and after. Got the call at mid night that the kit is available. Went to MST for install the next day.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
looks very clean indeed.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably pick one up here shortly.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by xX G Xx
So all you guys that pre-ordered should be getting your kit soon. Since I am only an hour drive away from MST, I got mine installed today!

The kit is so clean and well made, it looks straight from the factory!

Quick review. Didn't see much change in IAT.. I'm thinking probably because the stock IAT sensor is at the TB after the intercooler. So, the IAT reading is basically the efficiency of the intercooler.

However, saw nice gains in boost pressure. Previous log with the stock airbox (with K&N inserts) saw huge boost decrease after hitting max boost 22psi. With MST, boost holds much better after hitting max 22psi.

The stock airbox log is done months ago @ 20C ambient temp. 1st to 5th gear WOT pull.

The MST log was from today @ 32C ambient temp. 2nd to 5th gear WOT pull.

If your not familiar with the JB4 log, the blue line is the turbo boost in psi.

As for sound, I really can't hear anything becuase I have a full catless exhaust system with weistec BOV. Both are just obnoxiously loud. LOL.

Car is stage 2 ECU tuned on 93oct gas.

Only regret is that I wasn't able to Dragy before and after. Got the call at mid night that the kit is available. Went to MST for install the next day.

Awesome can't wait for mine!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Cold Air Intake From MST Performance