MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   c450 resonator delete (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/736945-c450-resonator-delete.html)

Besmir Latifaj 02-25-2019 11:58 PM

c450 resonator delete

i have the c450. i was looking to delete just the resonator but wanted to see before i did it what people think? and if anyone has either done it themselves or have heard it. let me know what you guys think please.

AMG C43 3LV6 02-26-2019 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Besmir Latifaj (Post 7691049)
i have the c450. i was looking to delete just the resonator but wanted to see before i did it what people think? and if anyone has either done it themselves or have heard it. let me know what you guys think please.

1st time poster in here. Welcome. Try using the search function. Go to the advance part so you can find more info.

I will bump the thread for you also so its easier to look for. Some will ***** that you didnt do this first, its ok, that person just wants to brag about his ad nauseum 0-60 times. Apologies that you had 50 posters look at this thread and not a single one responded.

Getting back to your question, a lot of posters have done it and enjoyed more sound. Some have expressed drone at highway speeds.

rustybear3 02-26-2019 04:07 AM

Just remember: f your vehicle is still covered by a warranty, then making a change to the overall exhaust system could void it. Some repairs are costly (like a transmission replacement), so if your entire warranty is canceled because of a resonator delete, then the risk isn’t worth the raspy reward of a purer sound. You can avoid this disadvantage by using this option with an older vehicle.

MarcusDubya77 02-26-2019 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7691119)
Just remember: f your vehicle is still covered by a warranty, then making a change to the overall exhaust system could void it. Some repairs are costly (like a transmission replacement), so if your entire warranty is canceled because of a resonator delete, then the risk isn’t worth the raspy reward of a purer sound. You can avoid this disadvantage by using this option with an older vehicle.

Magnuson Moss Law protects consumers (at least in the USA). A manufacturer can only void the warranty if said failure was caused by that specific modification. ie. can't void a warranty on a transmission for a mod to the exhaust, however they could void an exhaust issue.

AMG C43 3LV6 02-26-2019 06:45 AM

I think the most important issue the OP has to first find out is when the current warranty expires. is it expired?

OP could get a ASR valve controller? Its plug and play and opens the valves at low RPM. Simple and you can remove it inside 5minutes so you can hide it when it gets serviced or looked at by the car dealership. In fact OP should explore that first before getting a permanent resonator delete.

Petegtsv10 02-26-2019 09:35 AM

This post is simply inaccurate. I thought we stopped these claims about warranty voiding decades ago.

AMG C43 3LV6 02-26-2019 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Petegtsv10 (Post 7691233)

This post is simply inaccurate. I thought we stopped these claims about warranty voiding decades ago.

Hang on doesnt it depend on where the OP has bought the car ????

MarcusDubya77 02-27-2019 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6 (Post 7691720)
Hang on doesnt it depend on where the OP has bought the car ????

It does. The US has the Magnuson Moss Law to protect consumers.

cenzo86 02-27-2019 07:57 PM

Buy my AWE Track exhaust instead of hacking up your OEM. It was engineered to sound good.

rustybear3 02-27-2019 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Petegtsv10 (Post 7691233)

No, it is not inaccurate. A friend of mine had a Bimmer whose Dealer failed to honor the extended warranty, because they claimed a Cold Air Intake was the cause of a Cracked head.
He appealed and lost.

If a dealer in their opinion determines your modification led to a failure of some other part, good luck getting it covered. I'm fully aware of the Magnuson–Moss act; there are exceptions like the aforementioned example.

In fact, a modification won't void a warranty unless an automaker or a dealer can prove that an aftermarket part caused the need for repairs.

All I'm saying is be careful of your modifications.

MarcusDubya77 02-28-2019 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7692762)
No, it is not inaccurate. A friend of mine had a Bimmer whose Dealer failed to honor the extended warranty, because they claimed a Cold Air Intake was the cause of a Cracked head.
He appealed and lost.

If a dealer in their opinion determines your modification led to a failure of some other part, good luck getting it covered. I'm fully aware of the Magnuson–Moss act; there are exceptions like the aforementioned example.

In fact, a modification won't void a warranty unless an automaker or a dealer can prove that an aftermarket part caused the need for repairs.

All I'm saying is be careful of your modifications.

There are no exceptions. A cracked head can easily be traced back to the air intake as a contributing factor. I can imagine other things are being left out of this story.
To OP, just be smart, research, and understand that any item that is connected to that exhaust could be considered part of a faillure...to include even exhaust hangers and mounts...

Dieseldan9 02-28-2019 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Besmir Latifaj (Post 7691049)

It will make the car sound better but it might drone