MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   C43 Wagon Reviewed in Canada (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/738726-c43-wagon-reviewed-canada.html)

RevengeTO 03-15-2019 09:47 AM

C43 Wagon Reviewed in Canada

The Straight Pipes got their hands on a C43 wagon:

Dieseldan9 03-15-2019 06:53 PM

They seemed to not know everything about the car but was still a fun review to watch.

The car sounded awesome

waisoserious 03-15-2019 08:23 PM

I really really really dig wagons.

djrabbi 03-15-2019 08:36 PM

Why can't USA have wagons!

Finite 03-15-2019 09:58 PM

I can't wait till mine shows up in May. Glad I went with the full LCD display instead of the analog one.

Silverbird 03-17-2019 12:21 PM

Glad to see that review.

I've got almost the same C43 Wagon showing up in May. Brilliant Blue w/ the 19" multispoke rims and no Night Package.

The only changes to my build are that I added the tech package (LCD instruments + Multibeam LED lights), Red AMG leather, skipped the HUD and went with the oak wood trim instead of CF - I had to trim some options somewhere.

Fortunately/Unfortunately in Canada, if you want the AMG Performance Exhaust (which you do) most of the option boxes come checked. we don't get the same level of a-la-carte as the US builds.

Were those the base seats in the review?

Finite - where are you located? sounds like we have a similar build coming around the same time.

Finite 03-17-2019 01:06 PM

I'm in Calgary.

I was considering blue, but I just came from a blue car and didn't want to repeat so I went with Diamond White. I pretty much picked all the packages - Premium, Drivers, Intelligent Drive, Tech, Night(black multi spoke wheels) with AMG performance seats, red seat belts and Walnut open-pore trim. I also went without the HUD as a few of my coworkers hated it on their CLA45 and C63.

Build date is April 1st and should be done about 3 weeks later. Hopefully in time for my birthday in the middle of May.

Silverbird 03-17-2019 01:21 PM

Nice, I've been looking to get into blue again - I've had a white A4 Avant for the last 7 years - I got one of the last ones in Ontario. I've been looking to move up to a "S" level of performance, but Audi didn't/hasn't brought over an S4 wagon, so I've joined the Mercedes clan.

I love the Electric future, but nothing is offered in my price range in the body style I am looking for - maybe next time. The Model Y currently looks closest, but is still likely 2 years out

Also glad that Mercedes offers a few colours outside of the black---grey color palette Looked at the SQ5 and the color options were drab.

speedlaw 03-17-2019 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by djrabbi (Post 7706630)
Why can't USA have wagons!

simple. US rules require every car and variety of powertrain to be individually certified....so, an engine and transmission alone isn't ok...Sedan and wagon and coupe are three certifications....add manual, now six certifications...so US sellers rapidly ask what sells, and what does not, so we don't get all the oddballs, and a manual wagon, and, etc.

You end up with a stick in the one sport version and automatics everywhere else.

I'd have bought a wagon C43, but, no...

Silverbird 03-17-2019 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by speedlaw (Post 7707889)
simple. US rules require every car and variety of powertrain to be individually certified....so, an engine and transmission alone isn't ok...Sedan and wagon and coupe are three certifications....add manual, now six certifications...so US sellers rapidly ask what sells, and what does not, so we don't get all the oddballs, and a manual wagon, and, etc.

You end up with a stick in the one sport version and automatics everywhere else.

I'd have bought a wagon C43, but, no...

Fully agree, curious that they did go through with the E63S Wagon - can't sell that many of them in a year, but then I guess it is a Halo car and enough profit margin in the $100k+ USD price to make it worthwhile. Would have loved to go with that; but even used ones <5 years old with reasonable mileage here is same or more than a new C43 Wagon.

stephos 03-20-2019 10:48 AM

Love watching these guys' videos

RevengeTO 03-20-2019 03:03 PM

Review of the same press car from Autotrader.ca: https://www.autotrader.ca/expert/201...-4matic-wagon/

AhEmGee 03-20-2019 05:44 PM

Nice...I've changed my mind from a new CLS to a C43 wagon ( facelift) , next year when I get rid of my E220d. And this is the colour I'll go for, with AMG performance exhaust of course!

thraxx 03-28-2019 02:53 PM

I got confirmation that I have an April build slot for a wagon today. My wife and I are long-time wagon drivers (We have dd'd several Volvos and a couple of Subaru XT wagons) and had pretty much given up on being able to replace our Volvo with something with good handling and power and with AWD to handle Calgary winters. I'd gone into our local MB dealer a month or so back to look at the GLC43 and at that point discovered that MB was bringing the C43 into Canada. Once the roads had improved a bit I test drove a C43 sedan and was sold on the overall package and the fact that we will have what to me is the ideal dot it all car - a fast wagon.

Now the wait begins:-)

DylanM 03-28-2019 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by stephos (Post 7710212)
Love watching these guys' videos

Agreed - their E63S wagon review was hilarious