Sponsored by:

Is 10% off msrp good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by johara
There are definitely many ways to getting to a bottom line price and it sounds like you have a system that works for you. Personally, I don't have the time or patience to travel to multiple dealerships and deal with salespeople in person, but that's my preference. Especially in a place like Southern California where there are almost 20 MB dealerships in a 75 mile radius.

In terms of comparing bottom line prices, the value of a deal can be compared if the vehicles are equivalent (sedan vs sedan, not sedan vs coupe) and in the same region of the US. If you use Truecar or Edmunds TMV you'll find that C43 coupes on average receive more of a discount off of MSRP compared to C43 sedans. In Boston, equivalent C43s sell for a bit more than they do in Southern California. However when it comes to the money factor (finance rate), that number is set nationally, and cannot be negotiated below its base value for that specific vehicle. But it most definitely can be inflated by the dealership.
I'm a people person so I find it fun to go in person and make deals with SAs. Makes it more of a game to me.

Sure when comparing bottom line prices, the coupe msrp starts a couple thousand more than the sedan. But when comparing percentages its apples to apples. I dont believe that theres a difference between coupe and sedan discount PERCENTAGES. Sure on average a coupe may be discounted 250 more than a sedan, but again, the MSRP is higher so the % is around the same. Yeah Ive never leased a car so I cant speak about that.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Originally Posted by xCharmCity
I'm a people person so I find it fun to go in person and make deals with SAs. Makes it more of a game to me.

Sure when comparing bottom line prices, the coupe msrp starts a couple thousand more than the sedan. But when comparing percentages its apples to apples. I dont believe that theres a difference between coupe and sedan discount PERCENTAGES. Sure on average a coupe may be discounted 250 more than a sedan, but again, the MSRP is higher so the % is around the same. Yeah Ive never leased a car so I cant speak about that.
Yeah I understand some people enjoy haggling in person. Happy hunting!

In regard to percentages off of MSRP, perhaps I wasn't clear. 2019 C43 coupes get more of a percentage off of MSRP than 2019 C43 sedans. Although you may not believe it, try going to truecar or edmunds, plug the numbers in and see for yourself.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amg c43
I have a 12.25% discount MSRP for 2020 C43 Sedan.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
GLA250 4Matic, 911 Carrera S, R1250 GS Adv.
Originally Posted by xCharmCity
If you are willing to walk out or at least convince your SA that you are willing to walk out, it isn't hard to get 15% off. I ordered back in February and got 15.5% off and 4 years prepaid maintenance included on a 19' coupe. I cross-shopped two other MB dealers as well as two audi dealerships on a competing S5 coupe. I started with one dealership and asked what I wanted OTD. They said they couldnt do it and walked out. The manager conveniently called me on my way home to say they could do it. Used that offer to negotiate with the 2nd dealership on a price lower than my initial OTD price. Got that price and finally went to the dealer closest to my house. Told them the best deal I got and if they threw in 4 years maintenance that the sale was theirs. It really helps if you do all your negotiation in person. Managers are more likely to give you a bottom line deal in person if they think they can get a deal through.
What's the "4 years maintenance"? Is that an actual M-B option, or is it a dealer thing? And if it's not "thrown in", what's the cost? If it covers all M-B recommended maintenance, which could affect future warranty eligibility, it seems like it could be good to get.

Last edited by Sailorlite; 05-26-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Sailorlite
What's the "4 years maintenance"? Is that an actual M-B option, or is it a dealer thing? And if it's not "thrown in", what's the cost? If it covers all M-B recommended maintenance, which could affect future warranty eligibility, it seems like it could be good to get.
The 4 years maintenance covers the A1, B1, A2 and B2 services. IIRC its the 10k, 20k, 30k and 40k services. Its avaliable under mbusa.com under "Services & Care". On their website the package cost $1545. From what the my SA told me, it saves you 30% to buy it up front.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
'19 AMG C43 Wagon
I managed 6% and feel that was fine. Mine is a wagon, hard to come by, as such dealer loathe to reduce price, pretty good haggle to get to that number. I expect that when the ‘20’s start to roll in, should do better. I did not want to wait...
Old 08-04-2020, 06:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 E63s
I posted a question like this in another thread, but this is a bit more specific. On average, when buying an AMG how much less of a discount do you think you get when the car is special order vs. on the lot?
Thanks
Old 08-05-2020, 08:02 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 C43 and TBSS
Unsure but I ordered mine and was about 8% off sticker or ~5k. I was pleased but from some posts here some have done better!

JasonG
Old 08-05-2020, 07:32 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
C63
So it's 2020 rn... I got a 2019 c63 (non S) sedan with 43 miles, never titled so sold new, for 55k, OTD ~63k including shipping from CA to WA, sales tax, etc.

Even came with distronic plus (adaptive cruise control + 360 camera), HUD, park assist, Intelligent Light System, performance steering wheel, drive unit, 64 ambient lighting... MSRP is $75k... But with 43 miles... Hope I didn't buy a lemon or something...
Old 08-07-2020, 12:58 PM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Sounds like probably two or three test drives, or a very short-term demo driver. Figure 5-10 miles is going to be on a sedan, no matter what, just for moving it around at the production site, then loading, unloading, VPC, loading, unloading.
The following users liked this post:
Stunna02 (08-10-2020)