Sponsored by:

MercedesMe units

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-
MercedesMe units

Hello, apologies if this has already been address but I could not find it when searching the forums. Anyone know how to switch the units in the app from Miles to KM? I am Canadian and the app details are pretty useless to me (distance to empty, current odometer reading, etc) when it is displayed in miles.

I have searched the app from top to bottom and can't find the option. Is it something that needs to be completed on the server end? I am assuming that it has the ability to be changed as the app is in use around the rest of the world...that used KMs.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by AdamMB
Hello, apologies if this has already been address but I could not find it when searching the forums. Anyone know how to switch the units in the app from Miles to KM? I am Canadian and the app details are pretty useless to me (distance to empty, current odometer reading, etc) when it is displayed in miles.

I have searched the app from top to bottom and can't find the option. Is it something that needs to be completed on the server end? I am assuming that it has the ability to be changed as the app is in use around the rest of the world...that used KMs.

Thanks
Theres 2 things you need to check. Through the Mercedes me portal your settings have to be set to whatever you desire. If those settings are correct then it has to do with your actual phone settings. Depending on the phone you have ie iPhone vs Android this will vary. Your region isnt set to Canada that's why you're seeing it as Miles.

If you PM me I can guide you further if you have trouble.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Is your car set for KM? I think the App just mimics the car.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:22 PM

C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
Is your car set for KM? I think the App just mimics the car.
No that's not how the app communicates.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:52 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Had nothing to do with communications, the App just uses the data from your car, if car is set for KM App will report KM, so it's a simple yes or no, is your car set for KM?
Old 04-15-2019, 06:28 AM

C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
Had nothing to do with communications, the App just uses the data from your car, if car is set for KM App will report KM, so it's a simple yes or no, is your car set for KM?
And again I reiterate just because your car is in KM does not mean the app will automatically show it in KM. Its relied upon two things 1) the settings you choose on the Mercedes me portal and 2) your phones regional settings

Just because your vehicle is displaying in KMs does not mean that the app will be in KM. Yes the app takes data from the vehicle obviously but it has nothing to do with your in car settings