MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   CARS YOU CROSSED SHOPPED w/ the C43? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/742337-cars-you-crossed-shopped-w-c43.html)

PFEAMG 04-20-2019 02:04 AM

CARS YOU CROSSED SHOPPED w/ the C43?

Most if not all folks on this forum agree what a great car the c43 is and either own one or have ordered one. But I thought it might be interesting to see what other cars were on your short list that lead to this particular car. Was it due to performance, tech, luxury, safety, brand, value, looks or all of the above? What other cars did you consider and test drive?

Regarding myself, I owned a Lexus is350 for almost 10 years. It was a great car and actually was pretty quick in it’s day (0-60 in 5 secs flat). Never had any problems with it in those 10 yrs. But as much I hated to get rid of it, (it was long paid off after all), it was time I wanted to get something else.

I really wanted a sports/sportier car, something completely different then the Lexus. So here are the cars I was considering and/or test drove:
Corvette Grand Sport-test drove
Porsche Cayman-sat in
Jaguar F Type-sat in

Mercedes Benz c63 coupe-test drove
Mercedes Benz c43 coupe-test drove
Mercedes Benz e53 coupe-test drove
Lexus RCF- sat in
BMW M2-sat in
BMW M4-sat in
Audi S5-sat in

Without getting into long reviews/opinions of each car, the c43 was the best of all worlds...at least for me.

For example, although the Vette surpasses the c43 from a performance perspective on pretty much every measurable statistic, the c43 was great in so many other areas, (luxury, technology, safety features, practicality etc) and yet was still an awesome performance car and fun to drive, that it became obvious it was a great choice.

The c63, as another example was also on the top of the list and checked a lot of the same boxes as the c43. However as I’ve mentioned in another thread, what the car mags and reviews etc don’t tell you is how inaccessible the c63 is, at least it was for me at the time I wanted to pull the trigger on buying one. (There were only 32 in the entire county and it would take 9-12 months to order one according to two different dealers).

In regards to the other cars such as the BMW’s, Audi and the Lexus it came down to more subjective areas. Although all great cars, I wasn’t really crazy about either the exteriors or interiors or both of any of them.

What was your experience and what “drove” you to C43?

Rebelwon 04-20-2019 02:27 AM

My car before my C43 was 2010 Camaro 2LT RS. Before deciding on the 18 C43, I thought about the following (all 18 models): Camaro 2SS, BMW M240i, BMW 440i, Porsche Cayman 718, Jaguar F-type, and Corvette Stingray 2LT. Given a 10 yr-old daughter (that loves fast cars), I had to eliminate the 2-seaters as just not practical for a daily driver, plus except for the Corvette, not as fast 0-60 times (based on what I could afford). Drove the C43 and loved it at first drive, and both wife and daughter said I was nuts if I favored either BMW. So, I chose the C43 - no regrets. Love the exterior looks, interior finishes, and performance!

EdC43AMG 04-20-2019 03:59 AM

Great and interesting!

Well, I've been driving Saabs nearly all my life. I love them. I currently have a 9-3 Sport Sedan MY2003 tuned with around 325bhp (brakes, engine, Lsd in the gearbox etc...) exterior it's like the standard car Aero sportier version, it's a purely wolf sheep clothing. And Also i have a 92' 900 convertible. (pre-GM one).

I like that superb combination of comfort, sporty and safety. The quirckness and uniqueness of the Saab, the turbo engine, ergonomics of the interior and those details that makes the life easier.

The dealer was forced to close it's door last year, and now finding another dealer/mechanic it's becoming a nightmare and certain repairs also. For this reason was time to find a new car and leave the Saab as a "second/reserve" car, for the price i will receive selling it, it's not worth it and I love this car.

I set a budget and preference (as a finance guy I am... :)), if not you set a preference and stay on it, if not, then you begin with... as I am here, why not if I pay a little bit more and take that one and so and so and I will endup with a 911...

My preference where clear;

Sport sedan, over 350bhp at least. And something different than a 4 cylinder (I already have one) and basically as everybody talks about Electric/hybrid BS... basically i am tired of that as in some years let's see what happens, if it's my last combustion engine, let's enjoy it.

My first option and preference was the Audi RS3 Sedan. I like the design, 5c engine, power of 400bhp, sound, wheight/power ratio it's superb and an incredible performer. But Audi since last year they are having a lot of issues with the WLTP emissions rules in EU. Since august last year all S and RS models stopped the production and now they are producing again some models. Now the new S4, S5 etc... in Europe will be V6 diesels, Audi dealer last year said to me and now become true. I discarded the S4,S5 since the begining. weak points of the RS3, basically it's an old design, and smaller than the Saab, perfect size for me it's the midsize sedan.

I looked at the Jaguar XE, but now they have a 4 cylinder and just 300bhp, the gearbox it's bad as hell in terms of performance, noticeable lag and not clear when it will be launched the facelift, also the reliability was an issue

Volvo S60 Polestar. Asked for it and no clue when will be available, etc etc... Again 4 cilinder, hybrid and not clear if it will have the "sportier" feeling I was looking at it and my concern is it will be "boring" and not engaging.

BMW, I don't like them, I don't feel comfortable in a BMW, they drive incredibly well, but I don't like them, I don't see me in a BMW, sorry. Also not clear when the new M340 will be available.

and then the second option I look at if the RS3 sedan "plan" fail was the c43 AMG, I looked at the others and which options I have, but basically on the power range I was looking at, no more options available. or they are not available or simply It's a less powerful car. On the range over 350 and around 400bhp, price range, no more Sedans (Kia Stinger, I read good reviews, but sorry I don't see me in a Kia, I don't like it...), but I was looking at a. Also if I go further, then I took the C63 and so, but I didn't wanted to spend that level of money in the car.

Similar to the Audi, the C43, it's has some years, in 2 years as much the new model will arrive, but at least it's been done a recent facelift. It's a midzide sedan, more luxurious, instead it's not as powerful and performer than the Audi.

All this research was done during the end of 2018, and at the moment I look at the RS3 sedan I had in my mind the C43 AMG as a second option, I look at both and as Audi had the production in hold, after waiting months and no news, in November I just decided for the C43AMG.

joeclou 04-20-2019 09:33 AM

before my 19 c43 had a c300 2014.. nothing crazy but my stepdad had ml63 and now gle63s coupe, my brother an S5 and mom BMW i8 and tesla so i did try some nice car when i was looking to change my c300 i wanted something awd with sporty feeling with 4sec range 0-60 not to expensive etc..

so i did try Tesla model3, Gulia, Golf R, C43, S4/S5, and i was one of the first in canada to test drive the BMW m340i and hear the sound of it to be honest the new G20 bmw m340i was my choice, the sporty feeling when driving was amazing and the exhaust sound backfire are insane.
i think c43 and m340i is a tough choice i did go for c43 for the overall, sound, interior and it seem that people lost interest in bmw where i am..

didn't tryed any lexus i love the look but in the 0-60 times nothing in the 4 range.. for my price range

as for the audi i dont like the exterior looking except the light the Rs3 is AMAZING but i dont like small car

tesla without grill is meh

Gulia was weird overall but had an amazing power delivery

noah phatt 04-20-2019 10:07 AM

CLA45. Fast as hell but the suspension was way to stiff for an enjoyable ride.

PFEAMG 04-20-2019 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rebelwon (Post 7736842)
My car before my C43 was 2010 Camaro 2LT RS. Before deciding on the 18 C43, I thought about the following (all 18 models): Camaro 2SS, BMW M240i, BMW 440i, Porsche Cayman 718, Jaguar F-type, and Corvette Stingray 2LT. Given a 10 yr-old daughter (that loves fast cars), I had to eliminate the 2-seaters as just not practical for a daily driver, plus except for the Corvette, not as fast 0-60 times (based on what I could afford). Drove the C43 and loved it at first drive, and both wife and daughter said I was nuts if I favored either BMW. So, I chose the C43 - no regrets. Love the exterior looks, interior finishes, and performance!

Great story and great choices in cars! Yeah I have a 13 yr old daughter, and the Vette was out (as was the f-type and cayman). Could have pushed thru with getting the vette but anytime I would want to take her and her friends someplace, or take my wife and her someplace I’d have to take my wife’s car. Then it’s sort of what’s the point of buying an expensive car that’s going to sit there most of the time!

Enjoy your C43...your wife and daughter have great taste in cars too!

PFEAMG 04-20-2019 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by EdC43AMG (Post 7736857)
Great and interesting!

Well, I've been driving Saabs nearly all my life. I love them. I currently have a 9-3 Sport Sedan MY2003 tuned with around 325bhp (brakes, engine, Lsd in the gearbox etc...) exterior it's like the standard car Aero sportier version, it's a purely wolf sheep clothing. And Also i have a 92' 900 convertible. (pre-GM one).

I like that superb combination of comfort, sporty and safety. The quirckness and uniqueness of the Saab, the turbo engine, ergonomics of the interior and those details that makes the life easier.

The dealer was forced to close it's door last year, and now finding another dealer/mechanic it's becoming a nightmare and certain repairs also. For this reason was time to find a new car and leave the Saab as a "second/reserve" car, for the price i will receive selling it, it's not worth it and I love this car.

I set a budget and preference (as a finance guy I am... :)), if not you set a preference and stay on it, if not, then you begin with... as I am here, why not if I pay a little bit more and take that one and so and so and I will endup with a 911...

My preference where clear;

Sport sedan, over 350bhp at least. And something different than a 4 cylinder (I already have one) and basically as everybody talks about Electric/hybrid BS... basically i am tired of that as in some years let's see what happens, if it's my last combustion engine, let's enjoy it.

My first option and preference was the Audi RS3 Sedan. I like the design, 5c engine, power of 400bhp, sound, wheight/power ratio it's superb and an incredible performer. But Audi since last year they are having a lot of issues with the WLTP emissions rules in EU. Since august last year all S and RS models stopped the production and now they are producing again some models. Now the new S4, S5 etc... in Europe will be V6 diesels, Audi dealer last year said to me and now become true. I discarded the S4,S5 since the begining. weak points of the RS3, basically it's an old design, and smaller than the Saab, perfect size for me it's the midsize sedan.

I looked at the Jaguar XE, but now they have a 4 cylinder and just 300bhp, the gearbox it's bad as hell in terms of performance, noticeable lag and not clear when it will be launched the facelift, also the reliability was an issue

Volvo S60 Polestar. Asked for it and no clue when will be available, etc etc... Again 4 cilinder, hybrid and not clear if it will have the "sportier" feeling I was looking at it and my concern is it will be "boring" and not engaging.

BMW, I don't like them, I don't feel comfortable in a BMW, they drive incredibly well, but I don't like them, I don't see me in a BMW, sorry. Also not clear when the new M340 will be available.

and then the second option I look at if the RS3 sedan "plan" fail was the c43 AMG, I looked at the others and which options I have, but basically on the power range I was looking at, no more options available. or they are not available or simply It's a less powerful car. On the range over 350 and around 400bhp, price range, no more Sedans (Kia Stinger, I read good reviews, but sorry I don't see me in a Kia, I don't like it...), but I was looking at a. Also if I go further, then I took the C63 and so, but I didn't wanted to spend that level of money in the car.

Similar to the Audi, the C43, it's has some years, in 2 years as much the new model will arrive, but at least it's been done a recent facelift. It's a midzide sedan, more luxurious, instead it's not as powerful and performer than the Audi.

All this research was done during the end of 2018, and at the moment I look at the RS3 sedan I had in my mind the C43 AMG as a second option, I look at both and as Audi had the production in hold, after waiting months and no news, in November I just decided for the C43AMG.

Thanks for sharing Edc43amg...good read!

It is a very interesting perspective based on your location compared to the US. I’ve always liked Saab’s. I always thought they were unique and cool cars. Sadly you can’t purchase new ones here in the US any longer.

I hear ya about more and more car manufacturers going with either 4 cylinder turbos (Porsche cayman) or the electric route. Truth be told I never owned a car with turbos. So still a bit nervous about the c43 in terms of reliability etc. I have always driven Naturally aspirated engines. The Vette and the Lexus RCF are some of the few cars out there that offer it. In 5 to 10 years I doubt you will see any out there.

regarding the BMW, great cars, just wasn’t crazy about them like I was about the Mercedes cars. Same with Audi’s. When the s5 first came out i thought it was one of nicest looking cars out there for the money. But I think their designs have lost their way imo.

Congrats on your c43...enjoy!

DC Dave 04-20-2019 12:42 PM

Was looking at S4s and S5 SBs but the new model feels too soft- new engine is laggy and the whole thing feels disengaged.

Also considered an RS3 but felt it was probably too small and they lease horribly so wasnt sure about actually buying something i wasnt sold on size wise.

Really dont care for BMWs but the 2020 340 looks compelling.

PFEAMG 04-20-2019 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by noah phatt (Post 7736985)
CLA45. Fast as hell but the suspension was way to stiff for an enjoyable ride.

I’ve never driven one but I’ve heard that as well Noah.

PFEAMG 04-20-2019 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by DC Dave (Post 7737100)
Was looking at S4s and S5 SBs but the new model feels too soft- new engine is laggy and the whole thing feels disengaged.

Also considered an RS3 but felt it was probably too small and they lease horribly so wasnt sure about actually buying something i wasnt sold on size wise.

Really dont care for BMWs but the 2020 340 looks compelling.

Yeah I was disappointed with the S5. You really have to move up he RS5 to get the performance, But then it starts getting pricey.

Interesting most folks cross shopping Audi seem to be looking at s3,s4 s5 etc. Did you consider the TT?

PFEAMG 04-20-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by joeclou (Post 7736952)
before my 19 c43 had a c300 2014.. nothing crazy but my stepdad had ml63 and now gle63s coupe, my brother an S5 and mom BMW i8 and tesla so i did try some nice car when i was looking to change my c300 i wanted something awd with sporty feeling with 4sec range 0-60 not to expensive etc..

so i did try Tesla model3, Gulia, Golf R, C43, S4/S5, and i was one of the first in canada to test drive the BMW m340i and hear the sound of it to be honest the new G20 bmw m340i was my choice, the sporty feeling when driving was amazing and the exhaust sound backfire are insane.
i think c43 and m340i is a tough choice i did go for c43 for the overall, sound, interior and it seem that people lost interest in bmw where i am..

didn't tryed any lexus i love the look but in the 0-60 times nothing in the 4 range.. for my price range

as for the audi i dont like the exterior looking except the light the Rs3 is AMAZING but i dont like small car

tesla without grill is meh

Gulia was weird overall but had an amazing power delivery

wow some awesome rides in your entire family lol!

Also interesting cross shopping choices to the c43 I didn’t really think of, like the Tesla 3 and the Golf R. I did consider the Gulia, but I really wanted a coupe and the reliability with the Alfa Romeos was questionable at best.

Best of luck and enjoyment with your C43!

Silverbird 04-20-2019 09:55 PM

I landed on a C43 Wagon. In Canada, there is not a lot to cross shop, as I didn't want to go to an SUV. Ultimately, I decided to get something fun and similar to others, I've driven enough 4 cylinders (2012 A4 Avant, 2008 A4, 2003 Accord) that I was ready for a 6 or 8.
The only other vehicle what was close was the Porsche Macan GTS, great sound, speed, and colors beyond monochrome.
Looked at the SQ5, and without doing a Exclusiv paint order, the color options are so dull and dreadful.
So a wagon with more than 4 cylinders..... in Canada, there is only the C43. The Jag XE shooting brake was never offered, Audi only has the allroad with a 2.0turbo, BMW, just a 3 series wagon with the 2.0 turbo, I think the only other option that fits the requirement (but not the budget) is the E class wagon.

I was set on electric, but nothing is quite "there" yet. Nothing ticks enough boxes for the price.... yet. Maybe next time.

Only a few more weeks of waiting and it should be here from Germany.

OilKingz 04-20-2019 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by PFEAMG (Post 7736837)

What was your experience and what “drove” you to C43?

I tried all 4 of the big European dealers, Porsche (718 Cayman) BMW (M4 and M2 and 440i) Audi (RS5, S5, S3) and Mercedes (C43, CLA45) In my opinion the interior of the Porsche and BMW was absolutely lacklustre. While Porsche looks great from the exterior the interior did nothing but bore me. The BMW was the same, I never looked at either of those cars and said wow that’s a nice digital display or a beautiful steering wheel. All 4 manufacturers were very fun to drive, but Audi’s virtual cockpit and Mercedes digital cluster made it that much more fun.

I live in Canada as well, so to spend 70k+ on a vehicle which wouldn’t be practical for very long winters, I would need something with AWD. My father has a 14 BMW 435i and the Xdrive is amazing in the snow so +1 to BMW. I also tried Chevrolet’s Corvette, amazing looking car, lots of power but unfortunately it’s RWD and they are quite popular up here, I want to have a car that people say wow what is that?

All in all I felt the C43 (facelift) was the best looking car inside and out. The front splitter and rear diffuser look wonderful. And like I said as soon as I saw the interior of the C43 I said wow. The exhaust was also another deal breaker, to have that as a stock option is awesome. All that and for a fairly reasonable price is why I am choosing the C43!

DC Dave 04-21-2019 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by PFEAMG (Post 7737106)
Yeah I was disappointed with the S5. You really have to move up he RS5 to get the performance, But then it starts getting pricey.

Interesting most folks cross shopping Audi seem to be looking at s3,s4 s5 etc. Did you consider the TT?

not really-- i think the TTRS would make a cool weekend toy (but if youre getting a weekend toy maybe might as well get a cayman) but not sure id want to live daily with the size, cockpit, styling. also annoys me its a fair bit pricier than the rs3 without any real performance edge

DC Dave 04-21-2019 11:47 AM

Also, im coming from high performance SUVs (modded Jeep SRT8, modded SQ5) so i considered these as well. id love a trackhawk but cant justify $95k for it, feel the current SRT is too slow and doesn't have much mod potential, and the wk2 in general is just big and heavy, not enamored with the F Pace (bigger than id like, jag quality/crap infotainment/tech) - dont like the styling or engine of the new sq5, again not a bmw fan..considered a glc43 or even a 63 but didnt want to wait for the 2020s to actually hit (though could see going to a glc63 after the c43) and think the macan gets stupid expensive and has little actual utility.

Tirgoman 04-21-2019 12:37 PM

Jag XJ S, still old tech but drives great, you sit too low in car for me, and dealer was an ass.
Audi Q5 fastback, came close, exhaust is nothing to talk about, like Jag the seats were too low, too many tech issues and probs, great interior, too long a wait to get car I'd take, dealer was great but WAY to far away for me even though he said he's pick up and deliver car for any service. Went back to MB dealer for the umteenth time and a 2019 C43 in Cadibal Red was sitting out front. Funny, I had told no red, saw it and went in and made a deal.

imperator.mons 04-21-2019 01:51 PM

I'm only interested in coupes. I was coming out of an S5 with a TT (VR6) prior to that. I looked at the TTRS but felt too cramped in it after driving the S5 for five years. I loved the 5 cylinder, the sounds that it makes is just intoxicating. I personally think that the first generation A/S/RS5 is one of the great all time coupe looks. I just didn't like what they did with redesign. The supercharged engine was a dream and had NO lag. I really don't believe that the new turbo would of gained any MPG's in real world driving. I had mine in Germany and it had the supercharger pulley upgrade with and APR tune. It dyno'd at almost 450 HP at the wheels and it was so much fun on the autobahn. I still averaged low to mid 20's MPG. So scratch the Audi's off the list.

I've owned BMW's and my wife currently drives an X3. I think BMW's interior design is so bland and boring. I spend most of the time inside the car so no BMW 440.

I thought about the Mustang/Camaro, but those things are so cheaply engineered and made it isn't even funny. Yeah, the V8's are great, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the car. The interiors are so cheap that spending just a few minutes in one made my stomach churn. The Challenger? If I wanted a 20 year old E-Class that can't go around corners I would buy one.

Never even considered the Infiniti (Nissan/Renault no thanks). Lexus? I wouldn't walk across the street for a Toyota.

I thought about the F-Type, but way too much money for suspect Jag quality.

An Alfa Giulia coupe would be intriguing. The 4C is way to small for my 6' 2" frame. And then there is the famous Alfa quality.

That basically left the C43. I think the face lift really made it better and after the test drive I was sold.

PFEAMG 04-21-2019 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by OilKingz (Post 7737494)
I tried all 4 of the big European dealers, Porsche (718 Cayman) BMW (M4 and M2 and 440i) Audi (RS5, S5, S3) and Mercedes (C43, CLA45) In my opinion the interior of the Porsche and BMW was absolutely lacklustre. While Porsche looks great from the exterior the interior did nothing but bore me. The BMW was the same, I never looked at either of those cars and said wow that’s a nice digital display or a beautiful steering wheel. All 4 manufacturers were very fun to drive, but Audi’s virtual cockpit and Mercedes digital cluster made it that much more fun.

I live in Canada as well, so to spend 70k+ on a vehicle which wouldn’t be practical for very long winters, I would need something with AWD. My father has a 14 BMW 435i and the Xdrive is amazing in the snow so +1 to BMW. I also tried Chevrolet’s Corvette, amazing looking car, lots of power but unfortunately it’s RWD and they are quite popular up here, I want to have a car that people say wow what is that?

All in all I felt the C43 (facelift) was the best looking car inside and out. The front splitter and rear diffuser look wonderful. And like I said as soon as I saw the interior of the C43 I said wow. The exhaust was also another deal breaker, to have that as a stock option is awesome. All that and for a fairly reasonable price is why I am choosing the C43!

yep, completely agree about the BMW and Porsche interiors. Although I like the Porsche interior better then the Vette, which seemed almost low rent to me compared to all the other cars mentioned. And even Audi, which I always considered one of the best in the business didn’t really wow me either.

But yeah the c43 checked a lot more of he boxes for me then a lot of the competition.

PFEAMG 04-21-2019 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by DC Dave (Post 7737788)
not really-- i think the TTRS would make a cool weekend toy (but if youre getting a weekend toy maybe might as well get a cayman) but not sure id want to live daily with the size, cockpit, styling. also annoys me its a fair bit pricier than the rs3 without any real performance edge

All good points. Yeah looked at on line, just seemed too small for me. And the styling...well not my cup of tea lol!

PFEAMG 04-21-2019 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by imperator.mons (Post 7737854)
I'm only interested in coupes. I was coming out of an S5 with a TT (VR6) prior to that. I looked at the TTRS but felt too cramped in it after driving the S5 for five years. I loved the 5 cylinder, the sounds that it makes is just intoxicating. I personally think that the first generation A/S/RS5 is one of the great all time coupe looks. I just didn't like what they did with redesign. The supercharged engine was a dream and had NO lag. I really don't believe that the new turbo would of gained any MPG's in real world driving. I had mine in Germany and it had the supercharger pulley upgrade with and APR tune. It dyno'd at almost 450 HP at the wheels and it was so much fun on the autobahn. I still averaged low to mid 20's MPG. So scratch the Audi's off the list.

I've owned BMW's and my wife currently drives an X3. I think BMW's interior design is so bland and boring. I spend most of the time inside the car so no BMW 440.

I thought about the Mustang/Camaro, but those things are so cheaply engineered and made it isn't even funny. Yeah, the V8's are great, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the car. The interiors are so cheap that spending just a few minutes in one made my stomach churn. The Challenger? If I wanted a 20 year old E-Class that can't go around corners I would buy one.

Never even considered the Infiniti (Nissan/Renault no thanks). Lexus? I wouldn't walk across the street for a Toyota.

I thought about the F-Type, but way too much money for suspect Jag quality.

An Alfa Giulia coupe would be intriguing. The 4C is way to small for my 6' 2" frame. And then there is the famous Alfa quality.

That basically left the C43. I think the face lift really made it better and after the test drive I was sold.

i was only looking at coupes this time around as well. The Audi S5 used to an awesome car. But they screwed the pooch with the new design IMO.

I will say I actually was considering the RC-F. In 10 years and 85k mikes my is350 ran flawlessly, had zero issues with it. The problem with Lexus IS they are way too heavy. The Rc-f has a n/a v8 that should be smoking all of these cars but is just a brick, and I still can’t get used to that ugly grill. I think they are on the right track, but have a long way to go to compete with MB, BMW and Audi from a performance perspective.

Enjoy your c43!

PFEAMG 04-21-2019 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tirgoman (Post 7737811)
Jag XJ S, still old tech but drives great, you sit too low in car for me, and dealer was an ass.
Audi Q5 fastback, came close, exhaust is nothing to talk about, like Jag the seats were too low, too many tech issues and probs, great interior, too long a wait to get car I'd take, dealer was great but WAY to far away for me even though he said he's pick up and deliver car for any service. Went back to MB dealer for the umteenth time and a 2019 C43 in Cadibal Red was sitting out front. Funny, I had told no red, saw it and went in and made a deal.

lol I almost did the same thing. The dealer had a black c43 with everything else I wanted except it was black. I like black, but I’ve had black and gray cars for the past 23 years. If it was red...yeah I would have done the same thing and pulled the trigger😃!

Hungalow 04-22-2019 06:35 PM

Informative thread, I shopped Audi...lexus...bmw... but I am surprised no one looked at the caddy 564 hp 627 tq has crazy tech for track, debadged would be a killer sleeper. Also the infinity Q50s red 400 ponies but had no soul imo.

DC Dave 04-22-2019 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hungalow (Post 7738943)
Informative thread, I shopped Audi...lexus...bmw... but I am surprised no one looked at the caddy 564 hp 627 tq has crazy tech for track, debadged would be a killer sleeper. Also the infinity Q50s red 400 ponies but had no soul imo.

REALLY like the Caddy CT6 V but its $90+k, super limited quantity available and an orphan (though it may get a stay for a year, but very much up in the air) and caddy infotainment is still supposed to be trash. Kinda might as well look at E63s and M5s at that point.

C43Flyby 04-22-2019 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hungalow (Post 7738943)

I felt exactly the same way. Having driven a 350z convertible some years ago I was hoping to feel the same playfulness in the Infiniti but it just felt dead, from the steering to the power delivery.

Tirgoman 04-22-2019 10:24 PM

Check out the Stinger, great car and value, would have gotten one but no way I could say I drove a Kia much less the dealership, yuck. Could now try the Genesis G70 Sport, a touch up but underneath the Genesis name is still a Kia and dealership.