C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

latest software/firmware?

Old 04-25-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
latest software/firmware?

is there a way, to check myself, if my car has the latest software/firmware updates installed? i picked up my C450 CPO back in January. I will be coming due on my first service in the next ~500 miles so i wanted to be prepared on questions to ask or things to inform them to check up on.
Thanks
Skim
Old 04-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
No
Old 04-26-2019, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
mercedes wont update firmware unless something is "wrong". You can complain about jerky transmission and like it loses power in upper rpm. THey will then check for software updates in tranny, engine ecu, and fuel pump. if there is an update they will perform. those are really the only 3 that matter much.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:20 AM

C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by Star4life
mercedes wont update firmware unless something is "wrong". You can complain about jerky transmission and like it loses power in upper rpm. They will then check for software updates in tranny, engine ecu, and fuel pump. if there is an update they will perform. those are really the only 3 that matter much.
good to know, since the car is new to me i will say the car feels weird and mention those things. i want everything to essentially be checked for the first service in my ownership. thanks for chiming in.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:35 AM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Mercedes and BMW
Originally Posted by Skim450
good to know, since the car is new to me i will say the car feels weird and mention those things. i want everything to essentially be checked for the first service in my ownership. thanks for chiming in.
There was a transmission and fuel software updates to the 450. I had the dealer update them. I do have the TSBs.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:09 PM

C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by b6tbfmp
There was a transmission and fuel software updates to the 450. I had the dealer update them. I do have the TSBs.
any guidance toward where i can find these TSB's... a google search isn't leading me to much. would like to print a list and check off all the things i am having issues with.
thanks!
Old 04-26-2019, 02:52 PM

Mercedes and BMW
any guidance toward where i can find these TSB's... a google search isn't leading me to much. would like to print a list and check off all the things i am having issues with.
thanks!
PM me and with your email and I will get them over to you.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:34 PM

C450 AMG - Polar White
PM me and with your email and I will get them over to you.
sent.
thanks man!
Old 04-26-2019, 07:13 PM

Mercedes and BMW
Sent it!
Old 04-29-2019, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Sent it!
Another C450 owner, could i get a copy aswell please.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2019, 10:36 PM

Mercedes and BMW
Originally Posted by Dejan-
Another C450 owner, could i get a copy aswell please.
Thanks
PM me with your email address please.
The following users liked this post:
Dejan- (04-29-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 04:57 AM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
i have a c450. everything is working as it should. i dont know if i have the latest software of not. but why fix it when it' not broken.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by netboy
i have a c450. everything is working as it should. i dont know if i have the latest software of not. but why fix it when it' not broken.
you dont know its brken until you have latest software

i update my c433 myself since i have star system and the difference after fuel pump and engine ecu update was amazing. car is much faster and stronger and verified with my dragy.
The following users liked this post:
b6tbfmp (05-07-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Star4life
you dont know its brken until you have latest software

i update my c433 myself since i have star system and the difference after fuel pump and engine ecu update was amazing. car is much faster and stronger and verified with my dragy.
What other updates have you had ?
Old 05-08-2019, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
Skim did you get the updates done? Notice any difference with performance?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:48 AM

C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by SouthFL450
not yet, i wanted to get all my info and facts straight. so i gave myself some time. i just rolled 40k and i will probably take my car in for service next week... i will report back, as i intend to mention a few things that i feel they should look at. minor things, but if i have the warranty might as well let them go over the car with a fine tooth comb.... at least, i hope they take it seriously.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:39 PM

C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by SouthFL450
Update:::

took my car in for the 40K service B.
mentioned things i have been experiencing like jerky shifting and intermittent power loss in the top end.
i was informed they had a service tech drive the car around with a computer attached to check all the parameters/data and everything falls in spec.
so there is no repair they can do at this time.
assuming that means, they didn't reflash the software or maybe its just current.... i have no idea.
he did say, if i continue to experience anything weird, to bring the car back and he would let the guy ride along with me so i can show him the problem.

i mean, i guess that is fair... the service advisor was helpful and asked me a ton of questions to so he could better describe what i was experiencing (didn't brush me off)
but assuming nothing really got resolved at this point. Not sure what else i can do from here. except maybe bring it back if i feel the need and keep complaining until they get sick of me and just reflash...

lastly....... got a new base C300 as a loaner....... god this car is awful and slow and the transmission is even worse than the 450. lol. makes me really appreciate the 450 more, to say the least.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:22 PM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
C43 AMG

mentioned things i have been experiencing like jerky shifting and intermittent power loss in the top end.
i was informed they had a service tech drive the car around with a computer attached to check all the parameters/data and everything falls in spec.
assuming that means, they didn't reflash the software or maybe its just current.... i have no idea.
he did say, if i continue to experience anything weird, to bring the car back and he would let the guy ride along with me so i can show him the problem.

i mean, i guess that is fair... the service advisor was helpful and asked me a ton of questions to so he could better describe what i was experiencing (didn't brush me off)
but assuming nothing really got resolved at this point. Not sure what else i can do from here. except maybe bring it back if i feel the need and keep complaining until they get sick of me and just reflash...

lastly....... got a new base C300 as a loaner....... god this car is awful and slow and the transmission is even worse than the 450. lol. makes me really appreciate the 450 more, to say the least.
I think the dealers are different here. I was going to get a tune so I went to MB first and said update to the latest software then I took it to the tuner. The car is now in for transfer case leak, I said DO NOT update the software this time. He asked if it is tuned and i nodded and he said yea we wont touch it lol
Old 05-15-2019, 10:43 PM

Mercedes and BMW

Skim, this is typical from a dealership perspective. I said it takes .1 of an hour so didn’t argue with me. My fuel update software was already downloaded when I bought the car. I didn’t buy it CPO because it had only 7600 miles last August but during a PPI inspection at Thousand Oaks MB, I told the tech about it and he said yes to it. All I can say is be persistent.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:11 PM

C450 AMG - Polar White
Skim, this is typical from a dealership perspective. I said it takes .1 of an hour so didn’t argue with me. My fuel update software was already downloaded when I bought the car. I didn’t buy it CPO because it had only 7600 miles last August but during a PPI inspection at Thousand Oaks MB, I told the tech about it and he said yes to it. All I can say is be persistent.
damn, yea i mean the dealer is right next to my house (foothill ranch in south county) lol. so its not really out of my way by any means.
would telling any service advisor that i found software updates online for the car do anything to motivate them to look into it?

at least it is documented... i am just surprised if there was a service bulletin at some point and i made the complaint they wouldnt have just tried it anyway to be sure. maybe i should just go back again and do the ride-along with the tech and then straight up ask him if the car has the most recent update or not.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:20 PM

Mercedes and BMW
damn, yea i mean the dealer is right next to my house (foothill ranch in south county) lol. so its not really out of my way by any means.
would telling any service advisor that i found software updates online for the car do anything to motivate them to look into it?

at least it is documented... i am just surprised if there was a service bulletin at some point and i made the complaint they wouldnt have just tried it anyway to be sure. maybe i should just go back again and do the ride-along with the tech and then straight up ask him if the car has the most recent update or not.
The way I approached this was letting him know there is no way anyone, even an awesome tech would know by driving it. I then said this is your own TSB from corporate. What is the issue if you are already under my hood changing my oil. It is about a tad more than 5 mins to download a patch.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:22 PM

C450 AMG - Polar White
The way I approached this was letting him know there is no way anyone, even an awesome tech would know by driving it. I then said this is your own TSB from corporate. What is the issue if you are already under my hood changing my oil. It is about a tad more than 5 mins to download a patch.
i like that approach.... i will just bring the TSB with me next time i stop by.