Sponsored by:

JB4 wasn't adding power now WOW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 08:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C300
JB4 wasn't adding power now WOW!

I picked up a stock 2018 C43 with the PE exhaust last fall. I installed a JB4 early last winter on map 2 with 93 octane pump gas. It did seem to make a slight difference in performance, but nothing to earth shattering. The car ran fine with no lights or any issues so I am confident it was installed correctly. I always use 93 octane gas.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I was due for my Service B. I removed the JB4 to have the brake fluid flush service done at MB. I completed the remainder of the service today and at the same time I reinstalled the JB4 on the same map 2 as before. The only other difference is I installed drop in K&N filters.

The car is totally different now. It has noticeably more power and seems to build boost quicker and it is noticeably much faster than before with the same map.

Has anyone had the JB4 indicate it was on Map 2 (or Map 1 or 6 for that matter) and have it not react as expected? I double checked Map 2 was selected two times when I was running it this past winter. Just as a side note, it was hot out today at around 90 degrees so if anything it should have been down on power. I have read the drop in K&N filters make a little difference so that doesn't seem like it could account for the added power I am seeing.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 Mercedes-AMG C43
Replying to subscribe to messages for this thread. I’m still waiting to receive my car back from the dealer, sent it in for a windshield replacement and a renntech tune. Do you know exact number figures for how much power the JB4 tune added?
Old 07-05-2019, 10:54 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Normally we can tell what is going on from JB4 logs. Have a log of before and after so we can see what the difference is?
Old 07-06-2019, 11:15 AM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by BMS
Normally we can tell what is going on from JB4 logs. Have a log of before and after so we can see what the difference is?
Unfortunetly I did not log anything. I do not own Dragy either. When I get a chance I will log it and send it to you so you can look it over. Should I log Map 0 and then Map 2?
Old 07-06-2019, 11:30 AM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by Neir
Replying to subscribe to messages for this thread. I’m still waiting to receive my car back from the dealer, sent it in for a windshield replacement and a renntech tune. Do you know exact number figures for how much power the JB4 tune added?
I do not know exact numbers, but now that I reinstalled it it is significant for a piggyback tuner. I have an email from Burger that say it can add 40-70whp and more if you are using race gas or a 30% mix of E85. I believe the claims.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Happy with JB4 tune?

Originally Posted by G_MAN_NH
I picked up a stock 2018 C43 with the PE exhaust last fall. I installed a JB4 early last winter on map 2 with 93 octane pump gas. It did seem to make a slight difference in performance, but nothing to earth shattering. The car ran fine with no lights or any issues so I am confident it was installed correctly. I always use 93 octane gas.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I was due for my Service B. I removed the JB4 to have the brake fluid flush service done at MB. I completed the remainder of the service today and at the same time I reinstalled the JB4 on the same map 2 as before. The only other difference is I installed drop in K&N filters.

The car is totally different now. It has noticeably more power and seems to build boost quicker and it is noticeably much faster than before with the same map.

Has anyone had the JB4 indicate it was on Map 2 (or Map 1 or 6 for that matter) and have it not react as expected? I double checked Map 2 was selected two times when I was running it this past winter. Just as a side note, it was hot out today at around 90 degrees so if anything it should have been down on power. I have read the drop in K&N filters make a little difference so that doesn't seem like it could account for the added power I am seeing.
I just bought my 2017 C43 a few months ago and now looking at getting a tune. Are you happy with your JB4 tune? Have you had good customer support with them? The price of $575 doesn’t seem bad. Just wasn’t sure now if looking back you wish you would have gotten a different tune.

Also I just did my B service myself and changed the rear axle oil because the car has 30,000 miles on it. I’m not going to do the brake flush myself, but I am curious what the dealership charged you.
Thanks for your input.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:43 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
I might be biased but I think we have really good customer service. And the JB4 is the go-to C43 tuner IMHO.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:23 PM

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by BMS
I might be biased but I think we have really good customer service. And the JB4 is the go-to C43 tuner IMHO.
BMS,
That is good to hear that you guys have great customer service. It’s nice to be able to call and talk to someone.

I was looking at your website and also Eurocharged and comparing. At 1/3 the price of Eurocharged your prices are definitely better, but it seems you guys also offer only half the power. What are the major differences in tuning between JB4 and Eurocharged? I would think if you could offer a tune that delivered 460 HP and 528 ft/lbs of torque you would. Obviously it would come at a much higher cost.
Thanks for your insight. I’m just trying to educate myself on the different options out there.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:52 PM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by Togaf16
I just bought my 2017 C43 a few months ago and now looking at getting a tune. Are you happy with your JB4 tune? Have you had good customer support with them? The price of $575 doesn’t seem bad. Just wasn’t sure now if looking back you wish you would have gotten a different tune.

Also I just did my B service myself and changed the rear axle oil because the car has 30,000 miles on it. I’m not going to do the brake flush myself, but I am curious what the dealership charged you.
Thanks for your input.
I decided to go the JB4 route because the warranty is important to me. The last thing I want to do is have the car flagged and the power train warranty voided. That will ruin my resale value and the main selling point of having the CPO warranty that is transferable. There is less of a chance that will happen with the JB4 for many reasons that you can look up if your interested. In short, I can easily and quickly remove the JB4 when it goes in for service and it leaves virtually no trace.

I am happy with the performance now. I am on Map 2 for 92 octane fuel, there is more on the table with the Map 6 if I weren't so lazy. Map 6 is user adjustable and takes some time to tune specifically for your car. I do plan to play around with it at some point. If you need to get every last bit of performance out of the car and the warranty isn't of concern to you, or the next owner, then a flash tune might be better for you. You can buy the JB4 now and if down the road you decide you would rather have a flash tune it is possible to run the JB4 along with the flash tune.

As far as support. I think there are several companies that tune our cars have good customer service. Burger is one of them. Just look on here for a few minutes. He is all over here answering questions, solving issues and promoting his products. You won't have to look very far to find him.

My brake flush was $119 and I had 10% off.

Hope this helps you out.
The following users liked this post:
Togaf16 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 07:15 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Togaf16
BMS,
That is good to hear that you guys have great customer service. It’s nice to be able to call and talk to someone.

I was looking at your website and also Eurocharged and comparing. At 1/3 the price of Eurocharged your prices are definitely better, but it seems you guys also offer only half the power. What are the major differences in tuning between JB4 and Eurocharged? I would think if you could offer a tune that delivered 460 HP and 528 ft/lbs of torque you would. Obviously it would come at a much higher cost.
Thanks for your insight. I’m just trying to educate myself on the different options out there.
We actually don't have a phone because we deal with thousands of customers on the daily. However, we do have an awesome tech support team that usually answers within an hour.
If you ever need anything you can always email me directly.

- Payam@burgertuning.com
Togaf16 (07-10-2019)
Old 05-12-2023, 06:23 PM

2017 C43
I'm kind of dealing with a similar issue. I've moved from map 0 -> 1 -> 2 without noticing much of a change.
I can't get 93 octane in California so I'm actually running E30.
Seeing your post makes me think there is something wrong with my installation. Do you recommend removing and re-installing?
Old 05-21-2023, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 173 Posts
Amg C43
Have u gotten logs on the different maps?
How do they look?
have u done any dragy or other timed runs?
If butt dyno is your main tester you might but get the same reaction as others.

our cars fast, I can’t “feel” the difference between a 3.58 (0-60) & a (4.20)
TwoC400s (05-21-2023)