MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   HOW FAR DO YOU PARK? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/749989-how-far-do-you-park.html)

PFEAMG 07-09-2019 10:43 PM

HOW FAR DO YOU PARK?

I just picked up my c43 coupe order last week (absolutely love it btw...amazing car).

So wherever I go, store/movie/restaurant etc, I park a country mile away from the entrance just to have a spot with no cars around me. Damn wouldn’t ya know when I come out there are cars parked on either side of me lol.

3.Pointed.Czar 07-09-2019 10:58 PM

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Just today, I parked far away in the lot for my work only to go back and find a giant F150 (truck drivers tend to be careless) parked right behind me even though there are tons of other open spots closer available. FUDGE OFF!

Tuxdude 07-09-2019 11:02 PM

LOL I did this the first day I picked up the car from the dealership. Parked in a spot where there were no cars nearby, went to a Starbucks, came back and there was a stray shopping cart few feet away from my car.

MVEOVR 07-10-2019 07:54 AM

As far as possible, too many people have no respect for other peoples vehicles.

hyperion667 07-10-2019 07:56 AM

My god how do you put up with all the poor people constantly following you and your successful lifestyle? Must be so annoying! WAIT! I have an idea!! Just park your car at your house and ride your bike or walk! That way NO ONE will ever have the nerve to park next to your "AMG"!

RichardCranium3 07-10-2019 09:09 AM

Jesus, who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

coop16 07-10-2019 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7799235)
My god how do you put up with all the poor people constantly following you and your successful lifestyle? Must be so annoying! WAIT! I have an idea!! Just park your car at your house and ride your bike or walk! That way NO ONE will ever have the nerve to park next to your "AMG"!

That was an awesome impersonation of the kind of person you don't want parking beside you! WELL DONE!!

400ixl 07-10-2019 09:23 AM

Its the law, if you see someone parked all on their own you have to go and park next to them :D

An international law at that as it happens everywhere.

PFEAMG 07-10-2019 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7799235)

It really has nothing to do with poor/rich pretentious or whatever. I've always tried to park like this when the vehicle was new even when I drove an '89 Ford Ranger. People in more expensive cars than mine park next to me too :)

hyperion667 07-10-2019 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by coop16 (Post 7799273)
That was an awesome impersonation of the kind of person you don't want parking beside you! WELL DONE!!

LOL.....thank you. And for your non post too :y

hyperion667 07-10-2019 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by PFEAMG (Post 7799307)
It really has nothing to do with poor/rich pretentious or whatever. I've always tried to park like this when the vehicle was new even when I drove an '89 Ford Ranger. People in more expensive than mine park next to me too :)

I know that. It's just the OP came across and pretentious with this topic.......

coop16 07-10-2019 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by PFEAMG (Post 7799307)
It really has nothing to do with poor/rich pretentious or whatever. I've always tried to park like this when the vehicle was new even when I drove an '89 Ford Ranger. People in more expensive than mine park next to me too :)

I agree. I don't care how cheap or expensive my car is; I have always taken pride in ownership and try to keep my car in as best shape as possible. There is nothing worse than making the effort to keep your car in great shape only to have a random person put a dent in it.

noah phatt 07-10-2019 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by coop16 (Post 7799313)
I agree. I don't care how cheap or expensive my car is; I have always taken pride in ownership and try to keep my car in as best shape as possible. There is nothing worse than making the effort to keep your car in great shape only to have a random person put a dent in it.

Doesn't matter if I'm driving my Mercedes or my Honda Civic, I always park away from others if possible. I guess it's just a pride of ownership thing.

munis 07-10-2019 10:27 AM

Right in the handicap/ wheelchair parking spot so that no one is beside me.

sieglo 07-10-2019 10:58 AM

I try to always take up two spaces as close as possible to where I’m going.

(Mostly to troll Hyperion with my rich and pretentious lifestyle.)

PFEAMG 07-10-2019 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by noah phatt (Post 7799323)
Doesn't matter if I'm driving my Mercedes or my Honda Civic, I always park away from others if possible. I guess it's just a pride of ownership thing.

yep exactly, me too.

I've found time and time again that other people don't give a crap about who is parked next to them and slam their doors into the side of your car. If I'm going out of my way to park away from these folks, why do they insist on parking next to us (regardless of brand, type, price of the car) LOL?

Could it be that they think, "oh this person parked far away, they take care of their car and is less likely to slam their door into my car..." ? Hmmmmmm

PFEAMG 07-10-2019 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by sieglo (Post 7799357)

HAHAHA

hyperion667 07-10-2019 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sieglo (Post 7799357)

I'm happy for you, and glad you're successful in life :y

imj0257 07-10-2019 12:38 PM

I also try to park away from other vehicles, not at all because I feel my car is better, but like someone else said.. pride of ownership. I keep my car clean and like it that way. There are tons of people out there that don't give a sh*t about their car or if they ding somebody else's car.

With that being said, I usually park a few spots beyond that last spot, but not in the middle of nowhere. If I see a close spot and it has a lot of space on both sides, I might also park in it. I also might park in a closer spot if there is nice, clean car (BMW, MB, Lexus etc) next to the spot because odds are that person doesn't want their car messed up either.

munis 07-10-2019 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by PFEAMG (Post 7799373)
yep exactly, me too.

I've found time and time again that other people don't give a crap about who is parked next to them and slam their doors into the side of your car. If I'm going out of my way to park away from these folks, why do they insist on parking next to us (regardless of brand, type, price of the car) LOL?

Could it be that they think, "oh this person parked far away, they take care of their car and is less likely to slam their door into my car..." ? Hmmmmmm

If the handicap spot is taken, I usually do this. I find the most expensive car on the lot and park beside it thinking he will care for the his car too. The exception to this rule is when I am in an Asian community, In that case it does not matter, cause those crazy rich asians dont give a **** where you are parked, what you are driving or who your grandfather is. They just open the door without thinking about consequences.

MVEOVR 07-10-2019 02:15 PM

This thread gave me more laughs than expected. Bravo everyone. :rolf:

Candyman19 07-10-2019 02:27 PM

I try to grab a spot at the end of a row so I can park right against the curb or median and leave as much space as possible on the other side. Or the first spot next to the handicap spots that have a wide parking space, odds are they don't get used. I'm too lazy to park far and walk.

PFEAMG 07-10-2019 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7799312)
I know that. It's just the OP came across and pretentious with this topic.......

Rereading my post, I can see why you might have thought that. Certainly was not my intent :)

BTW, love your ride....looks awesome!

PFEAMG 07-10-2019 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Candyman19 (Post 7799568)
I try to grab a spot at the end of a row so I can park right against the curb or median and leave as much space as possible on the other side. Or the first spot next to the handicap spots that have a wide parking space, odds are they don't get used. I'm too lazy to park far and walk.

yep, I look for those parking lot islands with the little trees growing on them and park up against them to give that extra few inches on the one side. And, yeah I don't park IN the handicap spots, but parking next to them also gives a nice cushion as well. Those are usually taken though and wind up parking far away...oh well I need the exercise LOL

hyperion667 07-10-2019 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by PFEAMG (Post 7799638)
Rereading my post, I can see why you might have thought that. Certainly was not my intent :)

BTW, love your ride....looks awesome!

You rock and thanx for understanding and being so cool. Thanx for the compliment too :y:y