Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Oe Tuning

Anyone run OE tuning in his 43?

I have a friend who installed the OE tuning on my C43, on my prev C400 he had installed Eurocharged.

after the first drive it doesnt feel like +80hp and a bunch of tq... it rides smother but not that faster ...

when the tuning on my C400 was installed it was a huge difference!

they emailed OE three times if they can look at the file but no response anymore

what a customer service is that...

now i am looking for another tune, any advice on this?
Old 12-08-2019, 03:23 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Jerry from EC helped me tremendously. He even helped me resolve my coldstart issue (result of newest MB Engine Electronics Software Update), which was not his responsibility. It took him a month to do it, but he got it done.

Car feels great on EC V4 (Houston EC).
Old 12-08-2019, 07:10 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
OE is not a good company. I had a bad experience with them many years ago. Second, don’t believe all these company’s horsepower gains. They base there tuned increases off the 450 not the 43 or facelift 43. I just installed the Renntech tune for 93 octane. It’s making nice power and drives great. There is only so much your going to pull out of these motors safely. Same thing with piggybacks. Some days car runs great other days not. I spoke to my tuner about these piggybacks. He hates installing them. He told me there is usually always an issue.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
Customer service is bad indeed! Before i get answers soon, but now it sucks!
Give them a couple of days to reply!

i dont believe the gains, but i dont feel much difference what i had with my C400 was a beast
that why i asked if he could check the file if it was correct programmed!

The 450 and 43 are the same as far as i know?

Old 12-08-2019, 11:51 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
There seems to be a pecking order when it comes to these tuners. Renntech has been around forever. I just got it and love it. Then there is Weistec which I don’t see a lot of people run. Then AMR and eurocharged. They seem to just be trying to tune the car to the max. I would not trust them. Then there’s JB4 which everybody seems to swear by until they unavoidably have an issue.
I would not be putting OE tuning in my car unless that’s all you can afford the. I wouldn’t be buying anything.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:51 PM

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jim04clk
There seems to be a pecking order when it comes to these tuners. Renntech has been around forever. I just got it and love it. Then there is Weistec which I don’t see a lot of people run. Then AMR and eurocharged. They seem to just be trying to tune the car to the max. I would not trust them. Then there’s JB4 which everybody seems to swear by until they unavoidably have an issue.
I would not be putting OE tuning in my car unless that’s all you can afford the. I wouldn’t be buying anything.
JB4 is super reliable.

You wouldn’t trust AMR because “they seem to just be trying to tune the car to the max” — elaborate what makes them untrustworthy?

Renntech is like $2.2k on their website for a measly 41hp — most people with a JB4 which costs 1/4 of this are getting more gains than that. Not worth the high price for such little gains in my opinion. I’d rather spend my money on AMR and actually feel some power.

The following 3 users liked this post by DLAMG_1979:
b6tbfmp (12-09-2019), CA400 (12-21-2019), DIVINE AMG (12-08-2019)
Old 12-08-2019, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
Dont think OE tuning isnt good, but this customer service is not good!

here we have a lot tuning company’s , they all deliver the same tune with the same figures.
So basicly there is one company who make the files, and you can buy it from them if you are a tuning company.

Tuningcomany 1 askes 500 for the tuning, company 2 ask 800 and so on.

The company i have this OE tuning from can also put a tune like that on my car, cost about
100 for the file and 250 for the Mygenius. (Net price since its a friend)

think the same happends over there, but dont know for sure!

There are much people who had some good words and experience with OE so i wanted to give them a try!
so their service is a little downer.

If i pay the Renntech price i would rather go for Performmaster
think they are overpriced...

Had a Kleemann tune (piggy) and this one is also not made by Kleemann ....

Old 12-08-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 384 Likes on 246 Posts
He told me there is usually always an issue.
I'd call BS on that one and stay away from them. I know of a C43 that has had a RaceChip installed for over 2 years and it's been completely trouble-free. He has done a measured 0-100 in 4 seconds and has run it on race tracks. There are also a large number of JB1 and JB4 satisfied users, with the JB4 producing results that equal or beat many ECU tunes (e.g., 0-100 times well under 4 sec). Piggybacks are typically less expensive than an ECU tune and those with a bluetooth/app management capability can be turned down/off at any time (without restarting) so are more flexible than ECU flashes.

In addition, your warranty is likely safe with a piggyback that's never on the vehicle when it's serviced at a dealer's shop. Not so with any ECU flash as the ECUs keep track of the number of times they've been flashed so, even if you ensure the stock flash is returned when servicing, there's still evidence of flashing. OTOH, a well-done ECU tune _should_ be able to squeez more out of the powertrain than a piggyback, especially when done along with other modifications. As with most things in life, the choices involve tradeoffs and it should depend upon what you want to achieve and what you're willing to give and or give up.
The following users liked this post:
DVision44 (12-14-2019)
Old 12-08-2019, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by DLinddd
JB4 is super reliable.

You wouldn’t trust AMR because “they seem to just be trying to tune the car to the max” — elaborate what makes them untrustworthy?

Renntech is like $2.2k on their website for a measly 41hp — most people with a JB4 which costs 1/4 of this are getting more gains than that. Not worth the high price for such little gains in my opinion. I’d rather spend my money on AMR and actually feel some power.
I don't think the peak hp/tq comparisons are really a fair or accurate assessment of performance. Renntech is expensive but their tunes perform beyond what their understated numbers would suggest. OTOH, the JB4 is outperforming most of the stage 1 ecu tunes out on the market and proving this with time slips.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:47 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Petje
Anyone run OE tuning in his 43?

I have a friend who installed the OE tuning on my C43, on my prev C400 he had installed Eurocharged.

after the first drive it doesnt feel like +80hp and a bunch of tq... it rides smother but not that faster ...

when the tuning on my C400 was installed it was a huge difference!

they emailed OE three times if they can look at the file but no response anymore

what a customer service is that...

now i am looking for another tune, any advice on this?
PM sent
Old 12-08-2019, 06:32 PM

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr. J
I don't think the peak hp/tq comparisons are really a fair or accurate assessment of performance. Renntech is expensive but their tunes perform beyond what their understated numbers would suggest. OTOH, the JB4 is outperforming most of the stage 1 ecu tunes out on the market and proving this with time slips.
I can agree with that.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
Originally Posted by waisoserious
Jerry from EC helped me tremendously. He even helped me resolve my coldstart issue (result of newest MB Engine Electronics Software Update), which was not his responsibility. It took him a month to do it, but he got it done.

Car feels great on EC V4 (Houston EC).
what was the cold start problem?
Old 12-09-2019, 03:12 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
what was the cold start problem?

Benz updated my engine electronics software with a version that caused the car to coldstart every 15mins regardless of engine/transmission temps.

It doesnt matter what the temperature of the oil is or what the ambient temperatures are or how long you were driving the car before you turned off the engine. As long as you parked the car and the engine was off for 15mins, the next start will be a cold start.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
I had OE Tuning on my 2011 W212 E550 Naturally-aspirated V8 engine and it made reliable power and their service and responsiveness was great. I live in So Cal so I was able to visit their facility to get the install done there in one afternoon. Would consider them for a tune on the C43
SALES@OETUNING (12-10-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
i live on the other side of the world so cant visit them!

But not satisfied atm with them....

Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
I had OE Tuning on my 2011 W212 E550 Naturally-aspirated V8 engine and it made reliable power and their service and responsiveness was great. I live in So Cal so I was able to visit their facility to get the install done there in one afternoon. Would consider them for a tune on the C43
Old 12-13-2019, 01:04 AM
SPONSOR

OE Tuning C63 AMG
i live on the other side of the world so cant visit them!

But not satisfied atm with them....
As soon as you can send over logs and requested data, we are more than happy to assist.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
OE is not a good company. I had a bad experience with them many years ago. Second, don’t believe all these company’s horsepower gains. They base there tuned increases off the 450 not the 43 or facelift 43. I just installed the Renntech tune for 93 octane. It’s making nice power and drives great. There is only so much your going to pull out of these motors safely. Same thing with piggybacks. Some days car runs great other days not. I spoke to my tuner about these piggybacks. He hates installing them. He told me there is usually always an issue.
If someone has to take their car to a tuner to have their piggyback installed they should not be tuning their car in the first place...
The following 2 users liked this post by DVision44:
SALES@OETUNING (12-14-2019), waisoserious (12-16-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
Ok so a little update;

OE was willing to solve it if we send logs, replyed after this thread on emails...

We asked them if the right file was send, we tryed 2 different fuell files and like i say, smoother ride but absolute no powergains as +80Hp and +120Tq like they say....

They like to solve it if we send logs, but we dont have a datalogger. And also didnt feel extra power so my 2 cent are that the tuning file was not right....

So pulled the trigger and order the Eurocharged tune since that was amazing on my C400

Yesterday write the file and WOW that is what i want to feel if i order a tuning!

a difference from night and day, so much more power!

It was an expensive lesson, but so glad i did it!
Old 12-18-2019, 01:56 PM
SPONSOR

OE Tuning C63 AMG
Ok so a little update;

OE was willing to solve it if we send logs, replyed after this thread on emails...

We asked them if the right file was send, we tryed 2 different fuell files and like i say, smoother ride but absolute no powergains as +80Hp and +120Tq like they say....

They like to solve it if we send logs, but we dont have a datalogger. And also didnt feel extra power so my 2 cent are that the tuning file was not right....

So pulled the trigger and order the Eurocharged tune since that was amazing on my C400

Yesterday write the file and WOW that is what i want to feel if i order a tuning!

a difference from night and day, so much more power!

It was an expensive lesson, but so glad i did it!
All we asked for was more data and even a better explanation so we can work with you. This tune was purchased by a tuning shop...... And you are the owner's friend. Why can't the owner contact us directly?
Since we requested dyno runs and logging data we were never responded to.

Last edited by SALES@OETUNING; 12-18-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG
I just loaded the OE stage 1 tune for my c450. It’s been raining all day so I wasn’t able to get on it as much as I’d like (along with the PNW traffic around here) But the car definitely pulls a lot harder now. Thanks OE for the great price and service!
SALES@OETUNING (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 02:16 AM
SPONSOR

OE Tuning C63 AMG
C450 tuning

Originally Posted by Gecko23
I just loaded the OE stage 1 tune for my c450. It’s been raining all day so I wasn’t able to get on it as much as I’d like (along with the PNW traffic around here) But the car definitely pulls a lot harder now. Thanks OE for the great price and service!
Thanks Adam. Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2019, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
He replyed by mail that there is no dyno or logger...

He wanted to buy one but wanted it fast done and Eurocharged was super for my C400. So we went that way.

He also told you there wasn’t any difference with the tuning and asked you if you can check if the file was right.... but you didnt! So a better explanation isnt there! Tuning does nothing what other explenation is needed?

Think if you retuned the file and send it and there was any difference it was ok... but if i feel no difference between stock and OE something is not right.

He also send 3 mails without reply but after this thread you replyed to him.

dont say your tuning is bad, and i’m sure the file wasnt right, both files had zero power difference. And 80hp should be noticable.

With the EC it was directly “bam” another car!

And another thing, you send the handhelds to everyone, please tell them before ordering they need a Dyno or Datalogger in case the tuning does nothing! Think most customers wont have a logger or dyno!

Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
All we asked for was more data and even a better explanation so we can work with you. This tune was purchased by a tuning shop...... And you are the owner's friend. Why can't the owner contact us directly?
Since we requested dyno runs and logging data we were never responded to.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
Nice to hear!

Thats why i’m sure my files were not right!

Originally Posted by Gecko23
Old 12-21-2019, 09:03 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
C400
I hit the dyno stock when I bought my C400 to get a base numbers. shortly after I bought an OE tune for my C400. I did feel a difference in performance but not what I was expecting. Like others have said 80hp increase and 110tq gain should be really noticeable, especially the torque. After a month of driving my car with the OE Tune I hit the dyno to see the difference from the base numbers (went to the same dyno shope and same technician). Sadly the numbers didn't match the advertised gains.

Soon after I did my research here on the forum, spoke to a few members about their experiences with their tuners/tunes and also called tuners directly. After all my research I decided to go with AMR Performance, The difference between the AMR and OE tune was night and day. Not only did I feel the difference I can hear the difference.

I've learned a few things since I started tuning my car:

ONE, fuel makes a huge difference when it comes to performance.
TWO, don't look at Peak numbers as a way of measuring a tune.
THREE, different tunes have different torque curves and it matters where the torque curve peaks and how long it peaks for and at what RPM range it does this at.

The torque curves between the AMR and OE tunes are completely different and as such the performance feels very different. I'm very happy with my AMR tune and haven't looked back since I've gotten it! I drive my car on a daily basis, my car is very dependable and quick! I've taken many V8's and hurt a lot of egos.

Customer services is very important to me and I've gotten the attention I've needed when I've needed it.

Hope my comments help! #AMREMPIRE #AMRPERFORMANCE

Alex
b6tbfmp (12-22-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 C400
hi Alex,

thanks for your reply!

What where the Dyno figures with the OE tuning?

same by me, the difference between OE and EC are night and day!

Originally Posted by CA400
I hit the dyno stock when I bought my C400 to get a base numbers. shortly after I bought an OE tune for my C400. I did feel a difference in performance but not what I was expecting. Like others have said 80hp increase and 110tq gain should be really noticeable, especially the torque. After a month of driving my car with the OE Tune I hit the dyno to see the difference from the base numbers (went to the same dyno shope and same technician). Sadly the numbers didn't match the advertised gains.

Soon after I did my research here on the forum, spoke to a few members about their experiences with their tuners/tunes and also called tuners directly. After all my research I decided to go with AMR Performance, The difference between the AMR and OE tune was night and day. Not only did I feel the difference I can hear the difference.

I've learned a few things since I started tuning my car:

ONE, fuel makes a huge difference when it comes to performance.
TWO, don't look at Peak numbers as a way of measuring a tune.
THREE, different tunes have different torque curves and it matters where the torque curve peaks and how long it peaks for and at what RPM range it does this at.

The torque curves between the AMR and OE tunes are completely different and as such the performance feels very different. I'm very happy with my AMR tune and haven't looked back since I've gotten it! I drive my car on a daily basis, my car is very dependable and quick! I've taken many V8's and hurt a lot of egos.

Customer services is very important to me and I've gotten the attention I've needed when I've needed it.

Hope my comments help! #AMREMPIRE #AMRPERFORMANCE

Alex