Sponsored by:

Anyone Install an Exhaust Cutout?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 01:28 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Anyone Install an Exhaust Cutout?

Anyone on here install a universal electronic exhaust cutout on their c43? I am considering this modification given the fact that I do not have the performance exhaust and do not want to spend an arm and a leg on a valved aftermarket exhaust. Seeing that the AWE track exhaust is basically a muffler delete, I assume the increased volume would be similar. Any thought or feedback is appreciated.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Anyone on here install a universal electronic exhaust cutout on their c43? I am considering this modification given the fact that I do not have the performance exhaust and do not want to spend an arm and a leg on a valved aftermarket exhaust. Seeing that the AWE track exhaust is basically a muffler delete, I assume the increased volume would be similar. Any thought or feedback is appreciated.
Not sure what you mean, could you elaborate?
Old 12-09-2019, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by TModelle
Not sure what you mean, could you elaborate?
Think PE flaps, but before the mufflers instead of inside...

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/
Old 12-09-2019, 03:28 PM

C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Think PE flaps, but before the mufflers instead of inside...

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/
Exactly.

Here is a link to what I was thinking of picking up.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...pdk=AAAABgQEAg

My thought was to have flanges welded onto the cut out pipe so it can be bolted on, as opposed to slipped and clamped on. I also intend to have the shop make a replacement pipe with flanges so if I do not like it, or if I am forced to take it off for some reason, I have a replacement pipe to return the exhaust back to stock.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Autumn
So after research months back, couldn't find anyone who did it, so decided to go ahead and do it.

Used QTP oval cutout, and opted in for the wireless controller.

been about 6 months, and everything is holding up just fine. Def got some drone, but I personally enjoy it lol. Want to do resonator deletes next.
The following 3 users liked this post by lalu713:
AMGiggity (12-16-2019), Martin Mollo (12-15-2019), Martinm (12-26-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 11:22 PM

C43
Looks awesome! I assume you mean you get drone with the valve open (and if so, fine by me). Does it sound stock with the valve closed? Thanks for chiming in.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:44 AM

Autumn
Yes - sorry for the confusion drone is only during valve being open. As well the drone is only present between 1500-2200 RPM. Mainly in Comfort mode, in sport and sports plus it sounds amazing.

When valve is closed, sounds 100% stock. I do enjoy it, def made the car more fun (jealous of factory performance exhaust) but was able to do my own little version for far less.

In regards to install, I did everything minus the MIG, unbolted the rear section/axle back of the exhaust. Mocked up and tacked the flange to where I wanted it. Then brought it my local welder gave him 40 bucks and he did the rest. Wiring was easy, bc we have plenty of power in the trunk, ran an in-line fuse and wireless module in the trunk under the cover. And put some extra heat shield on the plastic tub. With the turn down, I put that together with the extra oval piping I had left over from the flange. And flux welded it together LOL, the turn down QTP sells wasn’t much of a turn down in my opinion, and I didn’t want the exhaust hitting straight into the plastic tub. I’ll attempt to get some videos posted on here
Old 12-15-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c400
C400 cutout in progress...

Originally Posted by lalu713
So after research months back, couldn't find anyone who did it, so decided to go ahead and do it.

Used QTP oval cutout, and opted in for the wireless controller.

been about 6 months, and everything is holding up just fine. Def got some drone, but I personally enjoy it lol. Want to do resonator deletes next.
Yes - sorry for the confusion drone is only during valve being open. As well the drone is only present between 1500-2200 RPM. Mainly in Comfort mode, in sport and sports plus it sounds amazing.

When valve is closed, sounds 100% stock. I do enjoy it, def made the car more fun (jealous of factory performance exhaust) but was able to do my own little version for far less.

In regards to install, I did everything minus the MIG, unbolted the rear section/axle back of the exhaust. Mocked up and tacked the flange to where I wanted it. Then brought it my local welder gave him 40 bucks and he did the rest. Wiring was easy, bc we have plenty of power in the trunk, ran an in-line fuse and wireless module in the trunk under the cover. And put some extra heat shield on the plastic tub. With the turn down, I put that together with the extra oval piping I had left over from the flange. And flux welded it together LOL, the turn down QTP sells wasn’t much of a turn down in my opinion, and I didn’t want the exhaust hitting straight into the plastic tub. I’ll attempt to get some videos posted on here
waiting your videos ..i have had same idea, same tube location and same QTP hardware; only less courage, hehehe

Old 02-19-2020, 06:18 PM

C450 AMG

Would you be able to post a video? Very interested with my C450AMG, as the AWE doesn’t seem like it has enough oompfh for $2k.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:15 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
has anyone beside lalu713 tried this? I am too cheap to drop $2k on AWE.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:49 PM

C450 AMG
My shop here in Atlanta didn’t want to install it because of consistent failures in electric cutout valves. That pushed me away from the idea.

honestly the creaks and rattles in the C450AMG are driving me nuts. Might sell it soon if I don’t get the entire car dynamatted
Old 04-17-2020, 11:39 AM

Autumn
hey sorry for being so late in the forum, Im registered with an OLD email address that I don't check frequently

I put up a clip from when I did the install but will work on getting some better clips. In regards to reliability the electronic valve been on the car for shy of a year and still running like a champ, I do clean and lubricate it every time I do an oil change. I had a QTP valve on my old trans am years back and worked fine with no problem during my 3 year ownership with the car. (being in the northeast we got a lot of salt on the roads so that's why I clean and lubricate every oil change)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13by...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-21-2020, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450 amg
Originally Posted by AMGiggity
has anyone beside lalu713 tried this? I am too cheap to drop $2k on AWE.
I just did it this week + resonator delete. With the valve closed is just a little louder than stock, but barely and no drone at all. With the valve opened is a different story 😈. You definitely want to be in S+ and somewhere where you can open her up. Not meant for comfort mode. I'm not happy with the resonator delete bc the guy crush bent the pipes so I'll have them done again. Btw, the pops and crackles are insane.

The following users liked this post:
Pdsidhu (08-01-2020)
Old 09-02-2022, 04:48 PM

2019 C43
Long term review

How are the exhaust cut outs holding up?