Catless DP Metallic Clang 3k RPM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 02:43 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
Catless DP Metallic Clang 3k RPM

Hi guys,

When I bought my piggyback the guy threw in some Weistec DP's for cheap. they had already been rewelded on one side and the other side had a hairline fracture along it which I had welded over.

I installed them recently and the noise at about 3k RPM is just bad lol. Like baaaaaaad. It sounds like some metal rocks in a tin can being shakin back and forth 3k times per second. But, the car is noticeably quicker and prelim Dragy results (haven't tested on flat ground yet) suggest its 0.1-0.2 quicker, so I'd like to keep them.

I'm wondering if it's the quality of the Weistec DP's or the hairline fracture(s) or is this just normal for all DP's on this car? I didn't expect it to sound good considering its a V6 and expected rasp or drone but this metallic noise is F'd. Some videos I've seen of DP's on this car I can't hear the metallic chime like I do with these.

Last edited by Trekt43; 06-22-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:02 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Charles T
Hi guys,

When I bought my piggyback the guy threw in some Weistec DP's for cheap. they had already been rewelded on one side and the other side had a hairline fracture along it which I had welded over.

I installed them recently and the noise at about 3k RPM is just bad lol. Like baaaaaaad. It sounds like some metal rocks in a tin can being shakin back and forth 3k times per second. But, the car is noticeably quicker and prelim Dragy results (haven't tested on flat ground yet) suggest its 0.1-0.2 quicker, so I'd like to keep them.

I'm wondering if it's the quality of the Weistec DP's or the hairline fracture(s) or is this just normal for all DP's on this car? I didn't expect it to sound good considering its a V6 and expected rasp or drone but this metallic noise is F'd. Some videos I've seen of DP's on this car I can't hear the metallic chime like I do with these.
That is not normal, and judging by the sound you probably have another crack. The reweld and crack paints the whole picture pretty clear for me and there is probably a reason that the guy threw in those DP's for cheap. I'd just chalk it up as a loss and get new pipes.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:01 AM

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Charles T
do you have any other exhaust mods?

Last edited by DLAMG_1979; 04-08-2021 at 04:23 PM.