C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning C43 dinamica seats / steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi
Cleaning C43 dinamica seats / steering wheel?

I’ve looked at videos, but what is bare bones basics just to clean it. Can I just use the waterless car wash solution spray that I use for entire car anyways? Says it works for interior. How could this ruin it? All these videos show shoe brushes, paint brushes, hair dryers. I just want to wipe with a microfiber towel and be done lol. It’s like suede material. Not leather.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:04 AM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Sonax cleaner... damp microfiber cloth... soft bristle brush (in that order)

Amazon Amazon
Old 08-07-2020, 09:38 AM

Audi
Originally Posted by DVision44
Sonax cleaner... damp microfiber cloth... soft bristle brush (in that order)

https://www.amazon.com/Sonax-206141-.../dp/B00BBWJ16U
thanks for 38 bucks you get it all lol, is this really needed for a lease? I mean obviously I want to clean it, but I bet people just use whatever?i thought this would be my one all use for entire car cleaning.

Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 Ounces. Aircraft Quality for Your Car, RV, Boat, M...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_hMvlFb8SHVFMP

Last edited by amgbenz0411; 08-07-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:40 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by amgbenz0411
thanks for 38 bucks you get it all lol, is this really needed for a lease? I mean obviously I want to clean it, but I bet people just use whatever?i thought this would be my one all use for entire car cleaning.

Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 Ounces. Aircraft Quality for Your Car, RV, Boat, M...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU..._hMvlFb8SHVFMP
Do not use a microfiber cloth to clean dynamica. Dynamica is itself a form of microfiber and using a microfiber to clean it can ruin it. People will say "I always use one and mine looks great!". that's great, check out the owners manual and it says "Do not use a microfiber cloth to clean covers made out of real leather, artificial leather or DINAMICA. If used often, these can damage the cover.".

I use a terry cloth with warm water and a very small amount of soap. Given dynamica is in effect a plastic it cleans easy. Not to say Sonax is a bad idea as I've used some cleaning products like that
Old 08-07-2020, 02:45 PM

c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by Trekt43
Do not use a microfiber cloth to clean dynamica. Dynamica is itself a form of microfiber and using a microfiber to clean it can ruin it. People will say "I always use one and mine looks great!". that's great, check out the owners manual and it says "Do not use a microfiber cloth to clean covers made out of real leather, artificial leather or DINAMICA. If used often, these can damage the cover.".

I use a terry cloth with warm water and a very small amount of soap. Given dynamica is in effect a plastic it cleans easy. Not to say Sonax is a bad idea as I've used some cleaning products like that
While the manual does say that, I believe it's referring to a dry microfiber cloth as it'll wear away the nap over time.. If you use the proper cleaner, dampen the microfiber and rub gently (scrubbing will ruin alcantara no matter what kind of cloth) it will lift dirt without wearing away any nap. The brush then restores the suede feel.

I agree though.. a white terry cloth or sponge is probably preferable and cleaning is rather simple... dampening is the key..

Last edited by DVision44; 08-07-2020 at 02:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Trekt43 (08-09-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 12:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
as others have said, use the proper solution and a damp microfiber to clean it/remove oils, etc.

Then get a suede shoe brush to brush the fibers. It'll help fluff them back up as they tend to get compressed due to use.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:57 PM

Audi
Originally Posted by W205_AMG
as others have said, use the proper solution and a damp microfiber to clean it/remove oils, etc.

Then get a suede shoe brush to brush the fibers. It'll help fluff them back up as they tend to get compressed due to use.
so to clean the seats I’m going to blot all over and not scrub? That being said I might as well use my waterless car wash solution and warm water or something. Don’t think I need a 100 products like I used to have nor do I care it’s a lease.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
so to clean the seats I’m going to blot all over and not scrub? That being said I might as well use my waterless car wash solution and warm water or something. Don’t think I need a 100 products like I used to have nor do I care it’s a lease.
Give it a good wipe. You can wipe, but don't scrub like you're using an eraser.

If you check out Remove Before Race on YouTube, he does a video explaining. It's an older video of his and a bit drawn out, but the information is good.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:36 PM

c43 Amg coupe
If you don't care why'd you bother asking?
Just do it...

Last edited by DVision44; 08-08-2020 at 09:41 PM.