Sponsored by:

Remote start from key fob?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 01:48 AM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
Remote start from key fob?

Does the 2020 C43 have remote start from the key fob? I know I can remote start it from the Mercedes Me app, but I'm not sure if it is possible to do so from the key fob. I know some models of Mercedes can do this from the key fob so just wondering.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ramsino
Does the 2020 C43 have remote start from the key fob? I know I can remote start it from the Mercedes Me app, but I'm not sure if it is possible to do so from the key fob. I know some models of Mercedes can do this from the key fob so just wondering.
No, only from the app.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:22 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Nothing Yet
I too am interested in this and was going to start a post after not finding a solution. I have a Canadian import therefore the app will not work for me in the US. I even tried downloading the Canadian version of the app with no success. So I am out of luck there.

I know Mid City Engineering has a system they sell for ~$750.00 but that is the only one I have found. Frankly $750 is a lot more than I was thinking, I installed a system on my last car with push button start for ~$350. I pressed the lock button 3 times and it worked perfectly. Hoping someone chimes in with some alternatives.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C43 EC Stg 2, 380SL
Originally Posted by ilax028
I too am interested in this and was going to start a post after not finding a solution. I have a Canadian import therefore the app will not work for me in the US. I even tried downloading the Canadian version of the app with no success. So I am out of luck there.

I know Mid City Engineering has a system they sell for ~$750.00 but that is the only one I have found. Frankly $750 is a lot more than I was thinking, I installed a system on my last car with push button start for ~$350. I pressed the lock button 3 times and it worked perfectly. Hoping someone chimes in with some alternatives.
Same boat here - no other solution that I could find other than Mid City's. Cost is a little high but their products and support are good.
Old 07-07-2021, 11:40 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Smile

Originally Posted by 0dte
Same boat here - no other solution that I could find other than Mid City's. Cost is a little high but their products and support are good.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

For anyone who is considering our option, take a look at our extensive feature set below...
  • World first remote start for Mercedes C Class 2015-2018 & GLC 2016-2019
  • Works with factory key fob out of the box (panic button or ‘lock-unlock-lock’ sequence)
  • Interfaces with Compustar Drone and Directed Smart Start smart phone control interfaces and RF remotes (for extended range)
  • 2-way factory and / or external alarm notifications with Compustar Drone & Directed / Viper Smart Start
  • Anti-theft / anti-carjacking feature included ( requires Compustar Drone). Press AUX1 button on phone app. & vehicle will shut down at 0MPH
  • Automatically turns on OEM heated seats based on programmable outside temperature
  • Automatically turns on rear defroster at programmable outside temperature threshold
  • Automatically turns on OEM cooled seats at programmable outside temperature threshold
  • Seamless solution that does not disrupt integrity of the vehicle, keeping warranties intact – no cutting factory wires.*
  • User-friendly programmability from steering wheel controls. Adjust options like run time, heated/cooled seat/rear defroster temp. threshold, light flashes, timer start, sensor sensitivity (when adding Compustar DAS sensor) .
  • Plug-and-play integration with Compustar DAS sensor (shock/tilt/vehicle movement). Sensor interfaces with factory alarm and offers 2-way communication with Compustar Drone and / or Directed / Viper Smart Start
  • Plug-and-play integration with full external Compustar alarm (CM7000). Interfaces with factory alarm.
  • Industry leading automotive hardware and firmware
Old 07-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Nothing Yet
Originally Posted by midcityeng
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

For anyone who is considering our option, take a look at our extensive feature set below...
  • World first remote start for Mercedes C Class 2015-2018 & GLC 2016-2019
  • Works with factory key fob out of the box (panic button or ‘lock-unlock-lock’ sequence)
  • Interfaces with Compustar Drone and Directed Smart Start smart phone control interfaces and RF remotes (for extended range)
  • 2-way factory and / or external alarm notifications with Compustar Drone & Directed / Viper Smart Start
  • Anti-theft / anti-carjacking feature included ( requires Compustar Drone). Press AUX1 button on phone app. & vehicle will shut down at 0MPH
  • Automatically turns on OEM heated seats based on programmable outside temperature
  • Automatically turns on rear defroster at programmable outside temperature threshold
  • Automatically turns on OEM cooled seats at programmable outside temperature threshold
  • Seamless solution that does not disrupt integrity of the vehicle, keeping warranties intact – no cutting factory wires.*
  • User-friendly programmability from steering wheel controls. Adjust options like run time, heated/cooled seat/rear defroster temp. threshold, light flashes, timer start, sensor sensitivity (when adding Compustar DAS sensor) .
  • Plug-and-play integration with Compustar DAS sensor (shock/tilt/vehicle movement). Sensor interfaces with factory alarm and offers 2-way communication with Compustar Drone and / or Directed / Viper Smart Start
  • Plug-and-play integration with full external Compustar alarm (CM7000). Interfaces with factory alarm.
  • Industry leading automotive hardware and firmware
Thanks for chiming in. Does this require keeping a key in the car somewhere? I thought I read that but wanted to ask directly since you chimed in. This seems like a pretty thorough solution, I did not realize how customizable it is.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:53 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Yes - It does require the sacrifice of an extra vehicle key.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c43 amg
If I had the option... Key remote start would be my pick. The ME app is the biggest waste of time. Remote start option barely works, half the time there is some kind of error. Worst is the app says try again and after 3 tries it errors out. Car won't start with windows cracked open, you need to have more than 5 gallons of gas and doors locked to work. Waste of time!