2019 C43 Suspension Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan, Factory Five Mk4 Cobra
2019 C43 Suspension Warning

Hello All
I have a 2019 C43 with a little over 5700 miles on the clock. Car has been back in the dealership 2 times in the past year due to a "suspension malfunction" message I keep seeing in the dash. Dealership has looked at this 2 times now, first replacing a sensor, then this last week they replaced a whole wiring harness.

Jumped in the car this morning after getting it back from the dealership last night and within 5 mins, "suspension malfunction" ( then recommends not to drive over 50mph )

Frustrating that I've had this into the dealership 2 times now and obviously the don't know what's going on.

Anyone else seen this issue, if so, how did you fix it ?

thanks!
mark

Old 09-12-2020, 12:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Glad you put this out there. Unfortunately, I won’t be able help much but was thinking about putting the same thing out there.

I'm taking my 2017 C43 Sedan with 45k miles into the dealer for at least the 5th time this year because of that warning. I haven’t figured out a rhyme or reason to the message.

The first 2 or 3 times the dealer said they recoded the car. Each time it would be ok for a couple of weeks and then pop back on randomly. Two visits ago they replaced a shock that they said had a small leak and my last visit replaced a couple of more parts on that same corner along with a control unit. They had the car for just over a week on that one- mostly because the had to call MB to figure out what they wanted.

They are beginning to sense my Frustration with not being able to fix it. This will probably be my last drop off before I tell them they need to figure out a new way which probably doesn’t involve this car. I love the car though. Everything else has been great with it, but this is ridiculous.

Interesting that your year warns not to go over 50 mph. Mine doesn’t but I can see why it does. The car floats like an old Buick with a bad suspension on the highway when the suspension fails. Going slow over a speed bump sucks too as the car will bottom out.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:07 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by lewma
Hello All
I have a 2019 C43 with a little over 5700 miles on the clock. Car has been back in the dealership 2 times in the past year due to a "suspension malfunction" message I keep seeing in the dash. Dealership has looked at this 2 times now, first replacing a sensor, then this last week they replaced a whole wiring harness.

Jumped in the car this morning after getting it back from the dealership last night and within 5 mins, "suspension malfunction" ( then recommends not to drive over 50mph )

Frustrating that I've had this into the dealership 2 times now and obviously the don't know what's going on.

Anyone else seen this issue, if so, how did you fix it ?

thanks!
mark

Why did the dealership, after so many visits, not just replace the suspension instead of just clearing codes and replacing sensors?
Old 09-14-2020, 03:20 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG
I've heard a few cases of leaking shocks, but not the code. My warranty is void with the suspension due to lowering, I hope it holds up!
Old 09-21-2020, 12:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Just to come full circle in case anyone else has this happen.

My latest visit had a harness replaced that was found loose with a couple of connectors being damaged. After driving a couple of days, things look OK but this is usual and it seems to take a couple of weeks for the warning to reappear. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:52 AM

2019 C43 Sedan, Factory Five Mk4 Cobra
Dealer did the same thing for me. replaced the wiring harness. seems to be good now
Old 07-07-2021, 10:48 PM

C43 AMG
Warranty?

Originally Posted by lewma
Dealer did the same thing for me. replaced the wiring harness. seems to be good now
was the wiring harness repair covered under the warranty? I’ve had my car for 4 days and saw this message today :/. It’s a 2020 with 21k miles on it. The message went away after I restarted but I’m concerned.