C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any insight into the order/allocation/production date process?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C300
Any insight into the order/allocation/production date process?

Sorry in advance if this this discussion has been done to death, but I can't find any recent information.

I ordered a 2021 C43 in mid-September of last year. With 2021s now being delivered to dealerships and customers, I feel I'm no closer to getting my car. I know this can take awhile, but I'd like some more insight into the process so that I can hold the dealer to the fire if necessary.

My dealer claims I "have an allocation", and "have a VIN", but still has no estimated build date. There has been no update on the status since November, and they won't even hazard a guess as to when the car may be built. It was my understanding that once the build was allocated, a general production window is given. I also wouldn't think that a VIN would be generated until the car is actually being built.

Has anybody gotten a custom order 2021 yet? How long did it take? Is it reasonable to have an allocation, but no estimated build window?
The following users liked this post:
Sailorlite (01-04-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 11:14 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
Many moons ago, I bought a bmw. Early in the computer era, you knew it was ordered....built...shipped...on the dock...on the way..in 2003. I think I had DSL and a Packard-Bell.

My Benz in 2019 ? No idea. Dealer had no idea. I ordered in August, was promised October, showed up late December. I finally called a friend of a friend who works at MB USA, and they were able to jar it loose from "the docks" for me. Till then, no idea. Basically they don't care, sorry. That and the runflats are the only two bad things, the rest of the car/experience is spectacular.....
Old 01-03-2021, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C300
Thanks for the reply!

Seems like they're all being released from the docks now as I'm seeing many either at or on their way to dealers. Maybe this is a good sign, and if my timeline mirrors yours with my September order, maybe I'll hear something this month.

So you're saying the car was actually *here* before the dealer knew anything about it? That's crazy!
Old 01-04-2021, 09:36 AM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
Yes. I got a call from the Dealer "it's here and the green is a great color"......they had no idea.