Sponsored by:

Quick Jack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 03:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Corvette Grand Sport, Mercedes C43 sedan, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Quick Jack

Anyone here get a quick jack for their car? They put the jack points so far apart that I believe you need to get the extension. Just curious if anyone has gone down this route and what your experience is.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43 cabrio
Yes. I have them also and yes, you need extensions.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:30 AM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
C43 AMG
use them in the shop every day. Had one of the rams go and they sent new one no questions asked. 7000 EXT model
Had
The following users liked this post:
Darrington (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 02:37 PM

Received 384 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by ctsvette
I believe you need to get the extension.
That depends upon the model. From my research, some models are long enough to cover the jack-points on C-class AMG sedans while others require the extensions ... measure the outside distance between your jack-points, then see:
https://www.quickjack.com/compare/specifications/

One thing you might want to do is to make a set of lift-point blocks that insert into the car's lift-point holes and "stick" enough so they hang, in-place. That way you can simply insert all 4 then do your lift, instead of having to set the lift-blocks on the ramps, raise the ramps enough so you can ensure they're aligned, start the lift, double-check all the lift-blocks have inserted/positioned themselves properly (or you can have body damage), the complete your lift.

I made mine out of some silicone rubber from an old concrete stamp mat plus some plywood, but I also have some I made out of just plywood that I use on normal hydraulic jacks. In the picture below, the top center/raised piece fits snuggly into the jack-point hole on our C43 and C63 S:

My lift is flush-mounted so I use some large plywood spacer-blocks (multiple thicknesses allow me some vehicle-clearance and some lock-position/height flexibility) ... the small rubber/wooden lift-block piece is what I insert into the jack-point hole, where it hangs in-place while I insert the large plywood spacer-blocks then do the lift (no second/third lift-point checking required):