Sponsored by:

reasonably priced fiber?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 c43
reasonably priced fiber?

Hey guys, I've seen a few things on carbon fiber and was wondering if there's any choices that wont terribly break the bank? Looking to do the front lip, skirts, and rear diffusor for around $1000 USD total? Is this doable with quality stuff or is it going to turn to **** after a few months. I'd much rather do it once but rw does over a grand for just the diffusor so any help or personal experiences would be a help. Currently I've owned the car for almost 4 weeks and I installed the bms intakes, blacked out the emblems, and my jb4 just arrived.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:03 PM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 AMG C43 SEDAN EC Stage 1
as you mentioned, "quality stuff" is gonna cost you. Just for reference, i got my diffuser from cks performance. around $1000 and my front spoiler from ebay for like $50. My reasoning was i didnt want something cheap as a diffuser that could potentially fall apart and just look cheap but when it came to the front spoiler/splitter/whatever, ive caused enough damage to the oem one entering/exiting parking lots/driveways, that it didnt seem like a good investment to spend a lot of money on something that was inevitably going to get scratched and damaged. Considering its a cosmetic mod, it really depends on what you consider looks good. for me, this $50 front splitter looked awesome and if it did fall apart its just $50. but to speak on its quality, its abs plastic but ive had it for close to 8k miles and never had an issue. recently drove from California to north carolina for work and its still looking great. just my opinion, but spend the money on a diffuser and the side skirts/front lip can be cheap as the diffuser shouldnt see any action from the ground or ******* passengers getting out of the car and stepping on your side skirt
Old 10-21-2021, 03:32 AM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
Originally Posted by Justins17c43
Hey guys, I've seen a few things on carbon fiber and was wondering if there's any choices that wont terribly break the bank? Looking to do the front lip, skirts, and rear diffusor for around $1000 USD total? Is this doable with quality stuff or is it going to turn to **** after a few months. I'd much rather do it once but rw does over a grand for just the diffusor so any help or personal experiences would be a help. Currently I've owned the car for almost 4 weeks and I installed the bms intakes, blacked out the emblems, and my jb4 just arrived.
You can't get quality for cheap. Your best chance is to buy some carbon wrap and learn how to apply it.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 c43
darosen, I like your thought process, is your front lip black or carbon and do you have a link for it? I think you're right with the front splitter and I'll pay the money for the diffusor and probably the skirts too. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:16 AM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 AMG C43 SEDAN EC Stage 1
mines black but i got it on ebay. the link i have for it is expired but you can literally just search for it, i remember there being an abundance of them