C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory exhaust Burples/Burbles are gone.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 08:46 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Factory exhaust Burples/Burbles are gone.

Does anyone possibly know that if my putting an MST intake and a Race Chip S on my C450 would eliminate my poppin and crackin when down shifting or letting off the gas at high rpm? I kinda miss it now that it’s gone. I have a JB4 coming, so maybe that will bring them back? Or will it make them go away as well?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2021, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 c43
I did the bms intakes on mine and it only made it sound better, I don't have the pe exhaust though so might be different for me. I did the JB4 as well and i've gotten better sound since I started but literally just got it only on map 1 right now
Old 11-18-2021, 02:10 PM

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
The burbles should return after several drive cycles. If when you unplugged the connectors for the intake or otherwise, and didn't unplug the battery first then the car noticed it and is actively checking if something is wrong which may have triggered a soft error code. Or, the ECU is only adjusting for the change in air flow.

I've unplugged my intake sensors before without disconnecting the battery and tripped a CEL code in the ECU, burbles came back after clearing the code and around 3 drive cycles later.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:12 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by BayAreaAMG
The burbles should return after several drive cycles. If when you unplugged the connectors for the intake or otherwise, and didn't unplug the battery first then the car noticed it and is actively checking if something is wrong which may have triggered a soft error code. Or, the ECU is only adjusting for the change in air flow.

I've unplugged my intake sensors before without disconnecting the battery and tripped a CEL code in the ECU, burbles came back after clearing the code and around 3 drive cycles later.
Its been installed for about 6 months and Im just now getting around to asking, but after about a month or so after installing it, a CEL popped up on my dash. Im getting ready to take the racechip off and put a JB4 on it. The JB4 wont be here for about a week or so, so Im going to take the Racechip off tomorrow and drive it without until the JB4 gets here. Do you guys know if theres anything I should do for the transition? Or will the car just deal with it itself? Thanks!