2018 C43 Stock 0-60 Low Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 02:02 PM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
Originally Posted by mmgwd
Hi everyone,

so I've been practicing the brake boosting, with Herrerrera's advice above I'm now not creeping forward at all and I can see on the boost gauge that the car is building boost. Problem is when I let off the brake the car doesn't launch like I would expect. I'm still getting times of 4.8 and 5.2.

I'm pressing brake and throttle all the way down, when the boost gauge reads and holds at around half way to 3/4 full I keep the gas to the floor and then let off the brake. Is the timing of this really important? Do I need to let the car sit for couple of seconds with the boost built up before letting off the brake? From watching the videos above it looks like as soon as the gauge reaches around halfway I need to let off the gas. Am I missing anything?
Definitely no need to keep it there. All that you're going to do is cause additional heat. If you're doing everything that 18bora said above, then you should be good. Excuse me if this has already been answered, but what is the altitude where you're at?

Advice on launch from 18bora:
Sport +, TC off, Suspension in comfort, A/C off. Stand on the brakes and floor the gas, as soon as you reach 2k-2.5krpm (roughly 2 seconds), release the brakes with the gas floored.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Howyalivin
Definitely no need to keep it there. All that you're going to do is cause additional heat. If you're doing everything that 18bora said above, then you should be good. Excuse me if this has already been answered, but what is the altitude where you're at?

Advice on launch from 18bora:
Sport +, TC off, Suspension in comfort, A/C off. Stand on the brakes and floor the gas, as soon as you reach 2k-2.5krpm (roughly 2 seconds), release the brakes with the gas floored.
Altitude /elevation is 400 - 1000 per Google, I'm in Austin Texas if that helps. I'm going to give it some more runs. When I'm boosting, and I let off the brake, the car moves forward slowly for about half a second and then suddenly the power kicks in. I'm trying to get it to where I soon as I let off the brake the power kicks in because right now it's taking at least half a second off my time

going to try some more and post back here. Merry Christmas everyone
Old 12-24-2021, 02:59 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Altitude /elevation is 400 - 1000 per Google, I'm in Austin Texas if that helps. I'm going to give it some more runs. When I'm boosting, and I let off the brake, the car moves forward slowly for about half a second and then suddenly the power kicks in. I'm trying to get it to where I soon as I let off the brake the power kicks in because right now it's taking at least half a second off my time

going to try some more and post back here. Merry Christmas everyone
Sounds to me like you are going above 2k to 2.5k on your revs or do not have traction control completely shut off.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:17 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Sounds to me like you are going above 2k to 2.5k on your revs or do not have traction control completely shut off.
thanks for the continued advice, you are definitely correct that I am going above 2000 on my revs. I've confirmed I have traction control completely shut off (Orange indicator shows up on dashboard with the word "off" next to it) . So it sounds like you're saying I need to get the boost meter up but keep the revs under or right at 2,000
Old 12-24-2021, 08:30 PM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
thanks for the continued advice, you are definitely correct that I am going above 2000 on my revs. I've confirmed I have traction control completely shut off (Orange indicator shows up on dashboard with the word "off" next to it) . So it sounds like you're saying I need to get the boost meter up but keep the revs under or right at 2,000
Don't worry about the boost meter, pay attention to only the RPM gauge. If you get it to 2k, then let off, the boost gauge will have taken care of itself. Concentrate on the RPMs. Try 2k, then creep up by about 250 RPM on the next launch, then another 250 RPM on the 3rd launch and record your 0-60 on the same strip of road, so the incline/decline is the same. You'll find the best RPM for your launch.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:07 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Howyalivin
Don't worry about the boost meter, pay attention to only the RPM gauge. If you get it to 2k, then let off, the boost gauge will have taken care of itself. Concentrate on the RPMs. Try 2k, then creep up by about 250 RPM on the next launch, then another 250 RPM on the 3rd launch and record your 0-60 on the same strip of road, so the incline/decline is the same. You'll find the best RPM for your launch.
LOL I've been trying to launch with the max boost and have totally ignored rpms. I'll give that a try, thx
Old 12-25-2021, 10:05 AM

C43
LOL I've been trying to launch with the max boost and have totally ignored rpms. I'll give that a try, thx
Definitely keep the rpms below 2.5k.
The following users liked this post:
mmgwd (12-25-2021)
Old 01-02-2022, 07:16 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Performance exhaust setting: does it matter for performance at all? From what I have read it seems like it's just for added sounds and won't boost horsepower, have you guys found the same to be true?

On a side note, even when my individual mode is set to transmission type = sport+ it automatically shuts off the performance exhaust.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:20 PM

C43
Performance exhaust setting: does it matter for performance at all? From what I have read it seems like it's just for added sounds and won't boost horsepower, have you guys found the same to be true?

On a side note, even when my individual mode is set to transmission type = sport+ it automatically shuts off the performance exhaust.
I have not seen a dyno to show it adds power, but there is not MB stated horsepower difference between the sports exhaust and the PE.
The following users liked this post:
mmgwd (01-02-2022)