Sponsored by:

LOOKING DOWNPIPES FOR C450 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 03:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450 AMG
LOOKING DOWNPIPES FOR C450 AMG

hey everyone i have a c450 amg and i was trying to get into performance mods, tuning. i was told to start off with downpipes, what do you guys think? if you guys could link some downpipes or some you recommend that would be nice!
Old 05-06-2022, 01:02 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 C43, 1966 230SL, 2006 Jeep Rubicon
@ferras It sounds like you're totally new to mods like me. I've never done any tuning, so take this with a big chunk of salt! From what I've read here, improving the intake and exhaust systems don't do a lot on their own. Those mods mainly allow the turbos to do more when the ECU is tuned. Unless the turbos are making more boost and are struggling to get enough air in, and the engine to get exhaust out, then you might not see significant gains when improving the 'breathing' aspect of the engine.
- Others, please let me know if I've actually learned something the last month I've been reading in this AMG forum. Correct me if needed!
- Also, there are options with downpipes. Without cats or with modified cats. I'm sure you did a search in this forum for "downpipe" and "down pipe", right? There's many threads to learn from.

Last edited by GermanCarShow; 05-06-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:47 AM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
@ferras my 2 cents- dont waste your time with un-catted downpipes. just ruins the sound

if you want nice sound with the OEM sports exhaust start with the backbox mod and resonator delete- thats a good starting place.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
check out my video on the logos downpipes.
The reason I chose these downpipes is that they one of the few downpipes that aren't raspy.
200 Cells meaning there is three times less back pressure then OEM (OEM 600 Cell) so horsepower and sound improves. But GermanCarShow is right. Only get downpipes and Cold Air intakes if you are planning on tuning your car. Your stock ECU is tuned to specific back pressure so without a tune the reduced backpressure will only hurt performance. With a tune the reduced back pressure increases horsepower!
The following 2 users liked this post by anomen:
BoolitSpunjBoon (06-02-2022), SilverBullet18 (06-01-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 10:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by anomen
check out my video on the logos downpipes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMbqlZN62wU&t=49s
The reason I chose these downpipes is that they one of the few downpipes that aren't raspy.
200 Cells meaning there is three times less back pressure then OEM (OEM 600 Cell) so horsepower and sound improves. But GermanCarShow is right. Only get downpipes and Cold Air intakes if you are planning on tuning your car. Your stock ECU is tuned to specific back pressure so without a tune the reduced backpressure will only hurt performance. With a tune the reduced back pressure increases horsepower!
just watched your video. Did you have to use 02 spacers for No check engine light?
Old 06-02-2022, 11:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by BoolitSpunjBoon
just watched your video. Did you have to use 02 spacers for No check engine light?
weird situation because at first no CEL then after a while it did come on and I did have to get tune. Are you looking for the Downpipes for sound or performance?