Help Me Identify an Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 09:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
MB GL350, 911 C2S
Help Me Identify an Interior

Hello all,

Can anyone please help me idneitfy the interior package in this car? I can't tell if it's the Artica Dynamica (214) or the AMG Leather (614). The What's New Guide for MY2019 doesn't really match either (see 2nd image). I've also tried a VIN decoder but for some odd reason the VIN for this car doesn't work in them.

TIA!
Old 01-08-2023, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 173 Posts
Amg C43
Do u not think it’s the leather package with red stiching?
whats the build sheet say?

Last edited by MaverickC43; 01-08-2023 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Wrong word
Old 01-08-2023, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
Lot o miles or is it km?
do they have service records?
Old 01-08-2023, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
U might want to know what the speed limiter is?
no pics of rear interior?
Old 01-08-2023, 11:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C450 AMG
For the standard seat, the center insert is an alcantara like material, so from your picture, it should be AMG Leather.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,652 Likes on 2,256 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by MartinC2S
Hello all,

Can anyone please help me idneitfy the interior package in this car? I can't tell if it's the Artica Dynamica (214) or the AMG Leather (614). The What's New Guide for MY2019 doesn't really match either (see 2nd image). I've also tried a VIN decoder but for some odd reason the VIN for this car doesn't work in them.

TIA!
It is leather,. looks just like my 2017's seat, mine's optioned with that.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:07 AM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
Originally Posted by MaverickC43
Do u not think it’s the leather package with red stiching?
whats the build sheet say?
That was my first inclination as well but what is throwing me off is the vertical stripe of DINIMICA up by the shoulder on the bolster. The What's New Guide doesn't have that detail. Maybe it was missed? Don't have the build sheet yet. Going to try to get one from MB tomorrow.

Lot o miles or is it km?
do they have service records?
It's in km, Canadian car. Haven't contacted the selling dealer yet for the service records, will be doing that tomorrow.

U might want to know what the speed limiter is?
no pics of rear interior?
Speed limiter? Can you elaborate? I'm hoping to have the rear interior shots tomorrow from a friend that's going to take a look at the car for me. I'm about 3,000km away.

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
It is leather,. looks just like my 2017's seat, mine's optioned with that.
Hmmm, that's good. That was my first inclination as well but what was throwing me off is the vertical stripe of DINIMICA up by the shoulder on the bolster. The What's New Guide doesn't have that detail. Maybe that's an error in the guide?
Old 01-09-2023, 12:14 AM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
On a related note, is there anything particular that I should be asking my friend to keep a keen eye out for? I'm still planning on getting it take to an indy for a PPI so this would just be a preliminary viewing.

Here's the link to the full advert:
https://www.maplehyundai.ca/used/Mer...93637086b3.htm
Old 01-09-2023, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
My ‘19 had summer tires and with that the 155mph speed limiter was an option, but that option was not selected and my car was limited at 130mph. Which may not be a big deal to u, but I was kind of disappointed when the engine cut out
Old 01-09-2023, 10:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

On a related note, is there anything particular that I should be asking my friend to keep a keen eye out for? I'm still planning on getting it take to an indy for a PPI so this would just be a preliminary viewing.

Here's the link to the full advert:
https://www.maplehyundai.ca/used/Mer...93637086b3.htm
Now that we have the VIN, you can use this site instead: https://mb.vin/vin/1d889875df8e9943c8423587544022db/
Since you are getting a PPI, I think you are all set, you could also get the PPI done at a MB dealership unless your indy have all the right tools, like Xentry, etc, Which indy are you bringing it to?
Old 01-10-2023, 12:35 AM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
So car dealership sales guys continue to proliferate the stereotype of being useless id10ts. I called them this morning asked some basic questions about the car to which he had no valid answers and only referred to his "file". He seemed annoyed that I was disturbing him from his busy day of scratching his *** and creeping on the girls at the front counter (pure speculation on my part but i think it's not far from the truth)

For example, i asked him for a picture of the spare set of wheels that are mentioned in the advert and he said "well they're in the back of the car" to which my response was "well then it should be super easy for you to find them then". Then he responded that the car is at their storage facility so he can't get to it, to which I responded that I'm an out of town buyer and have a friend coming by to see the car in a couple of hours so he's got plenty of time to go and get it.

Next up was my request to see a copy of their inspection that was performed by "Certified Genesis Technicians", to which he responded with "The safety inspection will be done upon sale of the car." When I pushed him further on it and asked if the statement in the advert is false he responded with "No it's not false. An inspection may have been done but there is no report in the docket. The safety inspection will be provided later.". He also said he'll get back to me about whether they'll allow a PPI to be done in the car.

So as you can tell, a highly motivated sales guy working hard to make a nearly $60k sale. And it gets better.

I told him the name of my friend and the time he would be coming by, he agreed that he'll be there to talk to him. Couple of hours later I get a call from my friend telling me that this guy didn't even know where the car was when my friend got there. After searching for it, he found out that the car was actually at the MB dealership getting an oil leak fixed and that he didn't know when it was going to be back. Then he blamed the service department and even me for not telling him when my friend was going to stop by.

So at this stage I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll definitely be calling the sales manager to give some feedback about this chump but when it comes to the car itself I'm tempted to forget about it. If this is any indication of how the rest of the transaction will progress, I'm don't have the time or the patience do deal with useless idiots.

I've tracked down the dealer that did the service work on the car so maybe if that checks out I'll continue to pursue it. I've been in sales positions before myself and I just can't understand the attitude that 99% of these guys have. When your entire paycheck depends on you SELLING a "thing" you would think that you'd be working your *** off for any lead that comes through. Boggles my mind.

Anyway, a bit of a rant so thanks for reading this far.
The following users liked this post:
MaverickC43 (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 09:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

So car dealership sales guys continue to proliferate the stereotype of being useless id10ts. I called them this morning asked some basic questions about the car to which he had no valid answers and only referred to his "file". He seemed annoyed that I was disturbing him from his busy day of scratching his *** and creeping on the girls at the front counter (pure speculation on my part but i think it's not far from the truth)

For example, i asked him for a picture of the spare set of wheels that are mentioned in the advert and he said "well they're in the back of the car" to which my response was "well then it should be super easy for you to find them then". Then he responded that the car is at their storage facility so he can't get to it, to which I responded that I'm an out of town buyer and have a friend coming by to see the car in a couple of hours so he's got plenty of time to go and get it.

Next up was my request to see a copy of their inspection that was performed by "Certified Genesis Technicians", to which he responded with "The safety inspection will be done upon sale of the car." When I pushed him further on it and asked if the statement in the advert is false he responded with "No it's not false. An inspection may have been done but there is no report in the docket. The safety inspection will be provided later.". He also said he'll get back to me about whether they'll allow a PPI to be done in the car.

So as you can tell, a highly motivated sales guy working hard to make a nearly $60k sale. And it gets better.

I told him the name of my friend and the time he would be coming by, he agreed that he'll be there to talk to him. Couple of hours later I get a call from my friend telling me that this guy didn't even know where the car was when my friend got there. After searching for it, he found out that the car was actually at the MB dealership getting an oil leak fixed and that he didn't know when it was going to be back. Then he blamed the service department and even me for not telling him when my friend was going to stop by.

So at this stage I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll definitely be calling the sales manager to give some feedback about this chump but when it comes to the car itself I'm tempted to forget about it. If this is any indication of how the rest of the transaction will progress, I'm don't have the time or the patience do deal with useless idiots.

I've tracked down the dealer that did the service work on the car so maybe if that checks out I'll continue to pursue it. I've been in sales positions before myself and I just can't understand the attitude that 99% of these guys have. When your entire paycheck depends on you SELLING a "thing" you would think that you'd be working your *** off for any lead that comes through. Boggles my mind.

Anyway, a bit of a rant so thanks for reading this far.
I understand the rarity of wagons in Canada but is there a chance you can find a vehicle with the specs you want at a MB dealership at least?
Old 01-10-2023, 10:40 AM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
I understand the rarity of wagons in Canada but is there a chance you can find a vehicle with the specs you want at a MB dealership at least?
I'd love to but right now there are 5 C43 wagons for sale in Canada and none of them are at a MB dealership. I've been looking for about 6 months and in that time there's been two cars that cmae up for sale at an MB dealership and they were both way over in Quebec (I'm in Alberta).

The good thing is that I'm not in a huge rush so I can bide my time but I'm not holding out hope for a car with the spec I want showing up at a MB dealership.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

I'd love to but right now there are 5 C43 wagons for sale in Canada and none of them are at a MB dealership. I've been looking for about 6 months and in that time there's been two cars that cmae up for sale at an MB dealership and they were both way over in Quebec (I'm in Alberta).

The good thing is that I'm not in a huge rush so I can bide my time but I'm not holding out hope for a car with the spec I want showing up at a MB dealership.
Hmmm, I want to help by suggesting things to try but I am not sure what you tried yet. What sites do you use, like autotrader.ca etc.? Before TRG was dissolved after MB Canada sold all their corporately owned dealerships, you could use that site to find inventory that way. Right now, I guess you could try to periodically go to the major dealership groups and check their inventory there, that way, it searches the inventory of all their dealerships. You could then use a browser plugin like Distill Web Monitor or something, I am just not sure if it is effective, best is just to manually check.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

In case you haven't tried this yet: https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/cpo/...GN&model=C43S4
Old 01-10-2023, 03:27 PM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
Hmmm, I want to help by suggesting things to try but I am not sure what you tried yet. What sites do you use, like autotrader.ca etc.? Before TRG was dissolved after MB Canada sold all their corporately owned dealerships, you could use that site to find inventory that way. Right now, I guess you could try to periodically go to the major dealership groups and check their inventory there, that way, it searches the inventory of all their dealerships. You could then use a browser plugin like Distill Web Monitor or something, I am just not sure if it is effective, best is just to manually check.
Yup, I've been looking at the usual suspects like Autotrader, Kijiji, FB Marketplace. I find that most, if not all dealers are connected to Autotrader so that's a pretty safe bet for a national search for these cars. Private ones are harder to track down but other than those listed I'm not sure where else I would look.

In case you haven't tried this yet: https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/cpo/...GN&model=C43S4
Yup, I have. Those three cars are further east than I want to go, don't have the spec I'm looking for and are a bit more than I'm looking to spend. Thanks for the suggestion though. It's too bad they don't have a way to subscribe for alerts when you cars get listed.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yup, I've been looking at the usual suspects like Autotrader, Kijiji, FB Marketplace. I find that most, if not all dealers are connected to Autotrader so that's a pretty safe bet for a national search for these cars. Private ones are harder to track down but other than those listed I'm not sure where else I would look.

Yup, I have. Those three cars are further east than I want to go, don't have the spec I'm looking for and are a bit more than I'm looking to spend. Thanks for the suggestion though. It's too bad they don't have a way to subscribe for alerts when you cars get listed.
I guess you can sign up for RSS feed, not sure though.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:53 PM

MB GL350, 911 C2S
So this came up this morning and I missed it by 1 hour, already sold.

https://www.mercedes-benz-kelowna.ca...h6ebxkf859022/

Perfect spec other than the black wheels and boring color but I could live with that.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C43
So this came up this morning and I missed it by 1 hour, already sold.

https://www.mercedes-benz-kelowna.ca...h6ebxkf859022/

Perfect spec other than the black wheels and boring color but I could live with that.
I missed one car by less than 10 minutes; as my wife and I were walking up to the car a couple who looked like the Todd and Lisa characters from SNL were getting in it for a test drive. It all worked out, since about two weeks later the dealer took another car in that was much better equipped for only a bit more than the car I lost to the Revenge of the Nerds...
Old 01-14-2023, 09:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by M Kompact
I missed one car by less than 10 minutes; as my wife and I were walking up to the car a couple who looked like the Todd and Lisa characters from SNL were getting in it for a test drive. It all worked out, since about two weeks later the dealer took another car in that was much better equipped for only a bit more than the car I lost to the Revenge of the Nerds...
I guess the old saying is right, if it is yours then it is yours if it isn't then it isn't, can't really force it.
The following users liked this post:
M Kompact (01-15-2023)